Posts created by Jinnare

posted in Farm Mania on Oct 29, 15 12:28 AM
Have you tried running the game by right clicking on the .exe command and telling it to run the game in an older version of Windows? Does Windows 10 offer that option? I've been avoiding it just for reasons like this. From what I understand, it's a better OS than Win 8, but it always takes a while for developers/programmers to catch up to a new OS. Hope you can get it working. Best of luck.

posted in My Farm Life 2 on Aug 10, 15 5:34 PM
I'm probably way too late to help you, Yaelle, but I wanted you to at least have a reply.

#1 You buy soil - Click on the shopping cart, then click on Crops. It is the very first item to the left of the crops screen. It's a square, white bag with a brown square in the center of it. You buy a stack of 10 bags and then click on it up to four times, depending on how many soil plots you want to make. You then put it down where ever you want to grow something. As you probably know, you then click on the seed packets and put them on the soil.

#2 There may be another way, but I put things down by picking up something else. You have an empty basket in your hands? As long as it's empty, go ahead and click on a bucket or a seed packet or whatever and it will disappear and the item you've clicked on will appear in your hands. If you have an inventory item (a basket with veggies in it, a pail with milk, a bottle of chili sauce, etc.), then you will have to put that item into the barn (or into a machine or give it to Carlos) before you can pick up anything else.

Hope this info can help someone. I'm really enjoying this game as well as the original, My Farm Life.

posted in My Farm Life on Jun 29, 15 12:34 AM
When on the screen to select an episode, I see that some of my played episodes (primarily the early ones) show "Episode Completed" under the picture in green lettering. Most of the episodes show "Available" under the picture in yellow lettering. It doesn't make any difference if I've completed it in expert time or not. I've also made sure that I've done the things mentioned underneath the listing of items to be harvested (petted the animals, rearranged things, bought another cow or sheep, etc.), and that didn't have any affect either.

Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the two distinctions? The "Episode Completed" ones aren't locked or anything. I can still go in and replay them.

I know that the game is old, and I'm not sure if anyone is still hanging around here, but I'd really like to know the answer to this dilemma. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. This is the sort of thing that is really inconsequential but bugs the heck out of ya!

posted in My Farm Life on Jun 23, 15 10:47 AM
tanager wrote:Why won't this game zoom in and out??? Thanks.

Lower left corner (I think) is a magnifying glass with a + or - sign. Click on it when it's a + and it will take you in closer. Click on it when it's a - and it will zoom out. My mouse also zooms in/out by turning the roller in the middle of the mouse, but yours may or may not. I find that I play all of the time with it zoomed out. That way, I can see the whole farm and find it doesn't impact my game play.

Hope this info helps some.

posted in Rainblood: Town of Death on Dec 9, 14 12:36 PM
I really wanted to try this game out. BFG has so few RPGs that each one is precious. Unfortunately, it wouldn't install. Downloaded, came up asking for permission to install, then hung while showing "installing". It appears that a lot of people were able to install and at least try out the game (from looking at the reviews). It seems there are just a few of us (over a four-year period) who had a problem with it. Too few to warrant any time spent to determine the problem I guess. Oh well.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Sep 3, 14 10:07 AM
I've noticed folks saying that they leave the game up and running 24/7 in order to have their energy restored. I just wanted to mention that my energy gets restored even though I turn off my PC at night. The game apparently uses the PC's internal clock to figure how much energy should be restored based on the time you logged out. This means that you don't need to leave the game running or your PC turned on all the time.

If someone else has already covered this, I apologize for duplicating the info. I haven't seen where anyone else has discussed it, and I wanted to share this small tip with everyone.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Aug 31, 14 10:10 PM
I thought that "Give" xx number of items was supposed to pull them out of your on-hand inventory if you had some there, while "Find" xx number required you to go out and "find" more instead of using your inventory even if you already had enough on hand.

However, I've had some "Give" quests that required me to go looking for more even though I had lots of them already on hand; and I had a quest today that said to "Find" items, but pulled them from what I already had in my inventory. I don't mind having them pulled from my inventory in either case, but having to go out and look for, as an example, 5 more of an item to "Give" when I have 25 already in my inventory is just frustrating.

If you have some information that might shine some light on this, I'd love to hear what you have to say. However, this is mostly just letting off steam, rather than a real request for help.

Thanks for listening.

posted in All My Gods on Jul 24, 13 4:54 PM
When I built the path, I had missed a section of road behind a building. I found that if you go into the menu where you pick a building that you want to build, then drag it over the existing buildings, they will disappear and you can see behind them. That way, I was able to see where I had missed the road section. Then you can right click and the new building won't be built, but then you know where you need to put down the rest of the road. Hope this isn't too confusing. Kind of hard to explain. Have fun!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Dec 20, 11 1:35 PM
I bought this game a year or so ago and recommend it highly if you enjoy adventure games. The story is gripping and the game play is great. I loved the graphics and scenery - it was fun to just wander about the place and enjoy the atmosphere. I also found the history and legends quite intriguing. I felt it was well worth the full price, and it is a steal as a DD. I almost wish I hadn't bought it yet so that I would still have it to look forward to. Enjoy, fishies!!

posted in Maestro: Music of Death on Dec 19, 11 4:27 PM
Had this on my list as a "fun game but a little too easy, would be nice as a DD." As a Surprise Sale at $1.99, it's even better!! Thanks, BFG. We love you!

When you have the number correct, a green light will light up at the bottom just below that number. If it's incorrect, it will light red.

Just a note, when I did that puzzle, two of the numbers I needed at the bottom weren't the same numbers that I got from the clue. I just kept experimenting until the lights all turned green.

Hope this info help. Good luck and have fun.

posted in Patricia's Quest for Sun on Oct 12, 11 11:00 PM
Nothing new to add, but I'll put in my $0.02 worth any way.

I totally enjoyed this demo and am on my way to buy the game. I was going to list all the things I liked about it, but decided just to say that there's nothing I didn't like about it and nothing that I would change (including the music - loved it as is).

As others have said, definitely a try-before-buying game as it won't be everyone's cuppa, but I found it relaxing, refreshing and beautifully done.

Thanks, Big Fish and Harmonic Flow for a delightful game.

posted in Reaxxion on Aug 17, 11 7:55 PM
It's been quite a while since there was a DD that I didn't already own, so I was excited to see one that I hadn't heard of before. Brought up the demo and fell in love with the game. I really enjoy a good block buster and this one is perfect for me. Off to buy it now.

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Jul 22, 11 12:02 PM
Taking the alternate view here, I somewhat enjoyed the demo and will probably buy the game when I need one to fill out a punch card. Initially, I didn't realize that the subway was part of the puzzle - I just bopped into the train tunnels without paying any attention to the directions I'd been given. I wandered around until I finally found the train totally by accident. After that, I payed close attention to whatever directions I was given. There were a number of different H0 scenes and puzzles so things didn't get boring. The H0 scenes weren't dark and difficult to see nor were the items too tiny to find. I got to the park at the Eiffel Tower and she was starting to feel funny and seeing strange things when the demo ended.

I agree that the HDO games aren't the best ones made, but I've definitely played worse. For the cost of two Starbucks lattes (or free if I use a punch card credit), this will give me a lot of game play. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the vampire aspects of the game.

I would suggest that anyone who still has an open mind give the demo a try. If you dislike it, delete it, but always think for yourself.

Happy Gaming, Fishies!

p.s. If you decide to try the demo, be sure and pay close attention to any direction instructions you are given. The subway tunnels of Paris aren't a place you want to get lost in!!

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 14, 11 2:53 PM
A lot of excellent reviews have already been posted, so I'll try not to be too long winded.

I'm a big fan of [removed by moderator], and their name on a game usually promises a great, fun ride. I think this game is up to their usual high quality regarding graphics, story line, audio, etc. As others have said repeatedly, however, it is way too easy for the majority of the casual gaming audience. The game pretty much plays itself - all it needs you for is to move it around where it needs to go, directing you every step of the way. It would be a great teaching-learning tool for new game players, but a choice of difficulty levels with the option to turn off the sparkles and the copious verbal clues would have made it a really super offering.

I will most likely buy this game because I was enjoying the story line and want to know how it turns out. I may very well wait for a DD or CotW, though.

I sincerely hope that someone from [removed by moderator] reads these posts and takes them to heart for their future game development.

Happy Gaming, Fishies!

The wording under the "Try It" button says, "Play the FREE sample version". That usually means playing to a specific place in the game instead of for a certain amount of time. HTH. Happy Gaming.

posted in Julia's Quest: United Kingdom on Jul 13, 11 5:45 PM
Truly, to each their own! I found Around the World in 80 Days to be much better than Julia's Quest. As my Dad used to say, "That's what makes horse racing."

Firster, you play and enjoy Julia's Quest and I'll do the same with 80 Days. That way, we're both happy.

posted in Be Rich on Jul 12, 11 8:44 PM
I played half the demo in Career mode and half in Sandbox mode. The trouble I had with the sandbox mode was that there was no way to zoom out so that you could see a larger area of your community. Once I got the initial screen area built up and all upgraded to three stars, I would have moved on to another area, but the houses started needing repairs at such a rate that, between repairs and donation collections, I couldn't move on to other areas of the property. I found that to be extremely frustrating. I wanted to build up more neighborhoods, not spend all my time in repairs and collections. A lot like real life, I guess, eh?

Anyway, for that reason, I'm going to pass on this DD. I'd rather play something else not quite so irritating.

Happy Gaming, Fishies.

posted in Foreign Dreams on Jul 10, 11 2:39 PM
Have you tried using the hint button? I used it a couple of times during the demo and it worked very well for me. Good luck!

posted in Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare on Jul 9, 11 11:44 AM
For those who get stuck, there are videos of many of the levels on YouTube. You can search by the game name and then "Part xx" with the "xx" being the level you're stuck on. Each video shows a replay of the level. Very helpful.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator