Posts created by moonladydi

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 on Feb 5, 18 11:34 AM
Yep, you can add me to the list as well. Not only did I NOT get the Bonus punches, my last purchase did not even get ONE. It has been several hours, and though it shows in my Purchase History, the game does not appear on my Punch card report at all. I have raised a ticket with Customer Services to resolve this. I'm glad this is the beginning of the month, so there is time to rectify the coupons.

posted in Ancient Spiders on Apr 29, 17 10:24 PM
I cannot get the Demo to play. Looking at previous discussions from people with the same problem (including players who purchased the full game) it seems this will only work on older Macs which include the Rosetta translator. Here is what Wikipedia has to say...

<quote> Rosetta was initially included with Mac OS X v10.4.4 "Tiger", the version that was released with the first Intel-based Macintosh models.[3]

Rosetta is not installed by default in Mac OS X v10.6 "Snow Leopard", but can be retained as an option via the installer or Apple Software Update for users who need to run PowerPC applications.[4]

Rosetta is neither included nor supported in Mac OS X v10.7 "Lion" or later. Therefore, with Lion and later releases, the current Macintosh platform does not support PowerPC applications.[4] <unquote>

There is more to follow in the article, but it's all Jargon to a "techno-challenged" granny like me. Please include a warning to customers, or ask the Developers to update their game. Thank you

posted in Monopoly ® on Sep 19, 12 7:36 AM
Aside from the language issues, (Game board is UK English, dialogue such as Property Names are American English) the game itself seems to cheat. I rolled a double, landed on Chance, should have had another roll afterwards, but wasn't allowed. Then the AI rolled doubles, landed on Chance, got a similar card to mine and was allowed to roll again. I un- and re-installed the GM as suggested, but it didn't resolve the language problem. Repaired the C++ thing first time, and had to do it again after re-installing the game. This is too Hinky and I won't be buying it. Trade Mania is a lot more fun.

posted in Monopoly ® on Sep 19, 12 6:51 AM
I live in England so get the Board view in the UK English version, but the Trade info such as Property Names are in American English. Hard to know what you're swapping that way.

Hi Sinclair, Welcome to the Pond

What you liked about the game (her watching and nodding) seems to be what annoys most people. Other than that it's a great game. You might think about posting this in the Game Review thread in the All Games Forum, so fishies interested in the Game Comments can see it.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 7:04 AM
It may not have an interactive Map, but the spirits can open portals to jump where you need to perform some action, saving all that backtracking some HOGs impose. How cool is That! And I didn't feel lost like I do in most Adventure games. ERS have been slightly disappointing recently, but not this time. All I can say is WOW!

posted in Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West on Aug 28, 12 3:54 AM
This is a completely different M3 game. Interesting premis, dropping marbles into a bowl and hoping they roll to others the same colour. There is only a certain amount of aiming you can do. Worst thing is that it has a Timer. Only played a few minutes of the Demo before I'd had enough of it.

posted in F.A.C.E.S. on Aug 26, 12 3:44 AM
I have the Collector's Edition. Outstanding graphics, as you would expect from Vogat games. Dark & Eerie without being too scary. A bargain at DD prices.

Looks like no-one answered you Ark. Did you give up and Google it?

A halberd was a weapon from the Middle Ages . A type of battle axe consisting of a long pole or spear with an extra blade like an axe head near the end. You needed two hands to use it.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 17, 12 5:07 AM
I remember thinking "AH HA!" when the first ghost I freed gave me her power.

Eye = Reveal the invisible
Hourglass = Freeze time
Bird cage= Tame animals
Two faces= Turn evil to good (I thought this one looked like the Drama masks)
Heart= Animate non-moving things (strange symbol to choose, but I can't think of a better one either. Feet maybe? They sure walked ours off!)

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 5:12 PM
Thank you Shadowfax

Having now completed the game and the Bonus, I can safely say the ending can stand alone as a reasonable finish if you prefer to wait for the SE. The Hint system is excellant, so the SG can be ignored. The Bonus adds another element to the game. It is quite long, and a lot of fun.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 4:54 PM
The magic eye reveals the stuff on the table, but you can't pick up the slingshot/catapult until much later "spoiler" after you collect a pea

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 4:51 PM
Have you looked inside the box like a treasure chest? My memory isn't great, but I think that's where I found it, if not in a H0 scene.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 7:41 AM
This is mainly in response to complaints in the Review thread.

There is no Widescreen option...
I had no trouble seeing it without black bars Fullscreen on my 17" WS laptop with Display set to 'stretched'

You cannot access the Extras/Bonus content from the beginning...
You can use the Music soundtracks and the Wallpaper immediately. I did! You do have to complete the game before playing the Bonus chapter.

The SG doesn't indicate length of Bonus chapter...
Maybe not in the Demo, but I can tell you it has 10 pages in the Walkthrough part of the Extras. Cannot guess as to length, but the 8 regular chapters only total 36 pages. It looks like you need the Bonus to finish the game. I don't know if they will change that in the SE version. Will be some angry fishies if they don't

The background noises are annoying...
You can Reduce Volume or Mute the music and environment sounds separately in the Options

There is no Map or Journal...
I'm afraid this is true, and you have to return to previous scenes frequently.

One complaint I have that I didn't see mentioned was the Inventory Box. It opened just about every time I needed to back out of a scene. Very annoying!

Hardcore players will be angry at the numerous sparkles, but I prefer having them. Despite the drawbacks mentioned, I couldn't wait to buy this game. Loving it!

posted in Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion on Jul 20, 12 2:25 AM
I have a technical issue that no one else has mentioned. There is a lag in response during some of the puzzles and minigames. It gets worse later in the game. Near the end is a Match 3 puzzle that is like wading through treacle to complete. After I selected two pieces to swap, the game was practically at a standstill. I had to sit and watch the pieces for a few minutes each time before they moved. I can't remember why I didn't just skip it as I had that option with other puzzles.

eta: The minigame is in the shed by the Grassy Meadow in Chapter 5.

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 17, 12 4:16 PM
The game froze in the first 5 minutes, and I had to use Control Alt Delete to get the task manager to shut it down. I won't bother to reinstall the Demo, it's a No Buy for me.

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Jul 7, 12 2:13 PM
You need to collect light bulb/vacuum tube thingies to earn Hints. Warning... If you spot a bulb during a puzzle, pick it up before you finish the puzzle. You won't be allowed to collect it afterwards.

I found this was more of an Adventure Lite than a HOPA game, and it looks like it is going to be really long.

posted in Flower of Immortality on Mar 14, 12 11:11 AM
Don't know if this should be technical or Comments, but something seriously wrong with the language. One of the first H0 scenes, the list says Curve so I'm looking for a French Curve. Give up and click the Hint button, and it indicates a MOUSE. Same for a Hammer. Two hammers in sight, but it doesn't want either. See a loose handle but can't match it up with anything. Hint indicates an area on the edge of a shelf. Place handle on area, and you suddenly have a File. Well at least it's a tool, not a cockroach or something.

posted in Amerzone: Part 2 on Mar 8, 12 4:10 AM
I'm so glad I don't buy LFAs or Adventure games. Those that do are extremely upset about popular Large File Adventures being split up like this. The reviews for part 1 were not good, so I wonder if anyone will even bother to try part 2. People with slow Internet or Download limits may appreciate the idea, but surely you should be catering for modern technology and Future generations? Even an old fogey like me has Hi-speed Broadband Maybe will make a few sales with a DD later. I don't think many will buy this now.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 12 3:04 AM
spoiler, hi-light to read Oooh Sneaky, putting some of the Owls IN the H0 scenes

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator