Posts created by Belladonna32

posted in Hidden Fears on Nov 8, 17 2:46 AM
I had the same problem dollfaye until I decided to exit the HOP and have another look around. I then found the map which allowed me to access another area where I found the thing I needed to open the suitcase. Once opened, the suitcase gave me the remaining items in the HOP.

This is not going to be an easy game but if you like a challenge and something which plays more like an adventure game than a HOPA then this is certainly worth trying.

If you haven't already, do look at the guide and buttons and the tutorial, I don't usually bother with these but in this case I found them useful

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 29, 15 10:15 AM
I can't comment on Midnight castle because I've not played it but I can give you some info as to how windows 10 is working for us:

I have D/Ld it on my desktop and DH has put it onto his laptop. Both are working fine as far as we can see.

I did try out some of my older games and all of them worked except Drawn: Dark Flight which wouldn't play at all (no cursor)

I obviously haven't checked all my games (far too many) but so far, so good.

There is just one thing - if any of you run Norton DON'T use the new windows browser because some of the Norton protections are not compatible. (this came from Norton)

Both our PCs are HP so can't speak for any other make.

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case Collector's Edition on Aug 14, 15 3:05 AM
I have a similar problem to that I found in the latest Phantasmat game.
There is supposed to be an alternative to playing HOPs (in this case bubble shooter) and using this option is actually one of the achievements.

However, when the HOP appears, there is nothing there to activate the BS alternative
I have many other games where these alternative options work perfectly so it is not my computer nor my system.

If there is no way to activate something required to get one of the achievements, there is no point in buying the CE version of the game.

It's a pity - I like this series but guess i will just have to opt for the SE and forget the achievements.

has anyone else had the same problem - I've tried setting up in a different profile but it still no difference.

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville Collector's Edition on Aug 9, 15 11:18 AM
Annie
I have the same problem - no way to activate the M3 and since this is one of the achievements, there seems to be little point in buying the CE version if getting them is impossible before we start.
Not sure what is happening here - I have lots of games with this (and bubble shooter) alternatives which i always prefer to playing the HOPs. All the other previous games worked OK although I do now have the same problem with the bubble shooter option in the latest Dead Reckoning game!

posted in Taken Souls: Blood Ritual on Apr 12, 15 8:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. I had the same problem; I wasn't aware that I was in the middle of a puzzle (was just trying the demo but i suppose i could have left something un-finished.
When I went back to look for a save button the whole thing just froze on me.

Just found that I already have and have played the first game, so long ago I didn't remember it and didn't recognise this as a sequel.

thanks Miss Lisa

posted in Origins: Elders of Time on Mar 24, 14 9:45 AM
Sorry for the duplication - I thought it hadn't posted.

posted in Origins: Elders of Time on Mar 24, 14 9:43 AM
Played demo for 30 mins and like the game. Like the fact that the skip is available on hard mode (for emergency use) and you can change modes during the game.

The task list is a little obvious & mostly not necessary but you don't have to read it.

Puzzles not difficult so far but a bit different so interesting.

Like the achievements and collectables but a pity they can't be accessed during the game.

No indication of length but looks like being a good SE so far

It's always worth checking for SR - I have found some good games that way.

posted in Origins: Elders of Time on Mar 24, 14 9:42 AM
Played demo for 30 mins and like the game. Like the fact that the skip is available on hard mode (for emergency use) and you can change modes during the game.

The task list is a little obvious & mostly not necessary but you don't have to read it.

Puzzles not difficult so far but a bit different so interesting.

Like the achievements and collectables but a pity they can't be accessed during the game.

No indication of length but looks like being a good SE so far

It's always worth checking for SR - I have found some good games that way.

posted in Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows on Dec 27, 13 3:50 AM
I didn't get that far!

The game froze up on me during the initial cut-scene when I tried to respond to the questions.

In view of all the other problems, I'll wait to see what happens before trying again.

posted in Treasure of the Caribbean Seas on Nov 11, 13 4:32 AM
Thanks for the review JustTheFacts

You've confirmed my thoughts so nothing to add except "ditto"

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 28, 13 3:21 AM
I too didn't get my bonus punches. Since the games I had bought were in the ERS sale I did wonder whether that precluded them from the extra punch. Having searched extensively on the site for some indication, I then contacted CS along, probably, with about another 100 or so members, all with the sames problem; needless to say, I still haven't had a reply.

This does emphasise the fact that we now have nowhere on the site to air these problems with other members; I accept that this is the tecnical thread for a particular game and the bonus punch issue does not necessarily relate to this game, but there is no general games thread available for these issues.

BF has made the decision to close all the chat forums and whilst I am not happy about that, I accept that it is their perogative and we have to live with it or go elsewhere, However, I think that we should have a thread where we can air problems relating to games in general. Had this been the case yesterday, we would all have raised the question re the bous punch there (leaving this thread intact for this game) and would have known that it was a general problem rather than all of us contacting CS individually and swamping them with e-mails, all saying the same thing.

I now know that others who have bought the ERS sale games have received bonus punches, so it it not down to which games were purchased but a general glitch. I just hope that it will be sorted out in time for us to complete our cards by the end of the month.

You are quite right Valdy that 1st is Sunday, but that still precludes another bonus Monday.

posted in Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 13 11:46 PM
Haven't tried Final Cut yet but I do play Nancy Drew games so will look out for that - thanks for the heads up

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition on Apr 15, 13 7:17 AM
I played it on a desktop windows7 without any problems.

posted in Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin on Feb 22, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Cleo - long time no see (we met in London last year)

I bought this game when It first came out but haven't played it yet.

I can't remember too much about it but I know I liked it (which means it is HOPA with plenty of adventure and not too many HOs). I think there were some opening scenes which some people didn't like so do try it first.

hope this helps a little.

posted in Journey: The Heart of Gaia on Nov 7, 12 11:00 AM
I was offered this game as a beta but when I tried to play I had the same problems as now with the cursor - it floats all over the place and I can't control it properly at all; I lasted for all of 2 minutes beforeIi found it just too frustrating.
I've tried to switch to the system cursor (despite the fact that it could well be too small for the game) but it just won't accept it.

I reported this as feedback when I tried to do the beta but nothing has changed - it's a great shame because I'm sure it would be a really good game - but there's no way I could play it with the cursor as it is.

I'm running windows7 on this machine and wonder if it is just not compatible?

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 6, 12 11:28 PM
Hi everyone

I've Finished

Brilliant game - enjoyed every minute

Congrats to everyone else who has finished.

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 6, 12 12:34 AM
Marie
So glad you managed to get this sorted.

I've **arrived in maxico - done the bar and now I've just arrived at the Temple of Dawn**

Stopped at that point because it was late & time to

hope to play some more later today.

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 4, 12 11:55 PM
Hi everyone

Played a little last night & now I've just reached ** the mansion in France**

Will be trying to play some more later. had some trouble in ** the mine ** where I'd missed something but got there eventually

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 3, 12 8:19 AM
great game - thanks for the tips Mr. Russ was really struggling until i saw I had to right click to examine/interact with things.

I'm now at the ** Mine ** just entered but have to stop now because we're out for the evening.

Happy gaming everyone.

Marie - do hope your second attempt works OK.

SYL

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator