Posts created by jpflier

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 25, 12 1:45 PM
Well I guess I won't be playing this one, either. The game won't open, aside from a brief flash of black and the icon appearing on my tool bar for those few seconds. I have uninstalled and installed again, tried to change resolution without luck. Guess I will have to ask for a "refund" as I used a coupon code for purchase. Have not had this problem in quite a long time...

posted in Stone Age Cafe on Jan 4, 12 2:54 PM
adr8p wrote:I would buy this game if the cursor was fixed

Agree...

I too own most of ERS games (can't say all as I am not sure...) but i own a lot of BFG, and have been a very good customer of them. I have noticed a lack of quality over time and have to say I am very disappointed, I guess the only thing to do is vote with my pocketbook. I hope they get it together as I miss the old . Valdy, hope all is well with your computer and that it has many "years" of life left, it is very discouraging to see that blasted blue screen!

Valdy wrote:
jpflier wrote:
Valdy wrote:I played the trial version for half an hour, and then bought the full version. While installing, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when my computer had recovered, and I still had the trial version on my Game Manager and uninstalled it, I was told that THIS GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT !

I own a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop and NEVER before had any problems with any of the ERS games. So now I have to contact CS and ask for my money back. I just can`t believe this, especially since the trial version worked.

ETA: I would like to make a suggestion: Is it possible to add at the main page of each game where we can find the system requirements, whether a game is actually compatible with 64-bit? Because it seems that there is quite a difference between Win7, 32-bit and Win7, 64-bit. And this is now the second game in a short space of time which gave me a blue screen and told me the game was incomplatible with 64-bit.
So instead of getting a near heart attack, I`d rather know beforehand whether I can or cannot install the game.

I have Vista 32-bit and played the trial version for 17 minutes and got the "blue screen of death" and mandatory unexpected shutdown as well. Am now going to uninstall and not buy, pity really...I too have played other ERS games without this type of trouble. Not worth downloading...

Great idea Valdy about the system requirements, hope BFG listens. Happy Gaming all! Enjoy the game, looked to be a good one.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you experienced this as well. It`s something that gives me a near heart attack when it happens. And I am so surprised this happened to one of ERS` games, because I own all of their games and never had this problem. I have a feeling that this game was perhaps made in too much haste? Otherwise I can`t imagine why this particular ERS game seems to have quite a lot of problems in it.

Valdy wrote:I played the trial version for half an hour, and then bought the full version. While installing, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when my computer had recovered, and I still had the trial version on my Game Manager and uninstalled it, I was told that THIS GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT !

I own a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop and NEVER before had any problems with any of the ERS games. So now I have to contact CS and ask for my money back. I just can`t believe this, especially since the trial version worked.

ETA: I would like to make a suggestion: Is it possible to add at the main page of each game where we can find the system requirements, whether a game is actually compatible with 64-bit? Because it seems that there is quite a difference between Win7, 32-bit and Win7, 64-bit. And this is now the second game in a short space of time which gave me a blue screen and told me the game was incomplatible with 64-bit.
So instead of getting a near heart attack, I`d rather know beforehand whether I can or cannot install the game.

I have Vista 32-bit and played the trial version for 17 minutes and got the "blue screen of death" and mandatory unexpected shutdown as well. Am now going to uninstall and not buy, pity really...I too have played other ERS games without this type of trouble. Not worth downloading...

Great idea Valdy about the system requirements, hope BFG listens. Happy Gaming all! Enjoy the game, looked to be a good one.

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 4:25 PM
I have to say I really like this type of game. Adventure, no HOGs, don't get me wrong I like HOGs, just like an adventure game every now and then for something different. The puzzles were hard, but not so hard that I found it frustrating. Plus there is an excellent hint system built in. It gives 2-3 hints and then reveals the solution. It is an older game and the heroine does move pretty slow, but that should extend the game play! I like the pace of the game, after a really bad work week this has been something to relax and unwind with. Used a game credit for this, am downloading and hope the game lives up to its demo. Enjoy...

posted in Hexus on Jan 11, 11 5:08 PM
Thanks to the developer for participating in the forum. I have tried this game and find it to be interesting and different. I appreciate you trying to fix problems (glitches/typos). I had never tried your previous game and just tried it and found that a lot of the typos and item explanations (fan/ventilator) were fixed. That's what I call customer service!! Thanks for caring about your customer base. Have a great New Year and I look forward to seeing more in the future from you guys. Keep up the good work!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 9, 11 11:09 AM
kiminee wrote:I tried, really tried, to enjoy this game. Hint system is absolutely horrid, giving area (sort of, close) instead of actual, and taking way too long to reload. Sometimes still couldn't find object even after hint. Glitchy too - when looking on **** screen for robot heads, said I had 2 left to find; used three hints, all pointed to same area, clicked and clicked and clicked and nothing there; left the game & came to forums, no walkthrough, no help; went back to game to look again and now said I had found all heads. GRRR!!! Objects are poorly rendered in many cases ("granola bar" looked like silver wafer; "packet" looked piece of paper, one screen jaw is gray rectangle (for robot) in another looks like a denture, etc. etc.). Some hidden objects nothing you would recognize - like "cyber onion ring" - well, it was round. Often had better luck in **** scenes clicking randomly on parts of scene that didn't look quite right than I did looking for the objects themselves. Got stuck on stupid stuff that shouldn't have happened - like digging in yard by robokids, used shovel, dug hole, nothing there - used shovel other places in yard, no hole, nothing - had to select shovel, dig, select shovel, dig, select shovel, dig all on one same spot to find it.

Upshot: game play interferes with game enjoyment!!

Couldn't agree more, I tried to like this and just couldn't. Too much frustration trying to play the game. Not enjoyable at all.

Definitely a no-buy here.

OK, I am intrigued enough to download, I have been very discouraged lately by the quality of games here. I appreciate all the comments made. This sounds like a good game, hope I am not disappointed. Have a safe and very Happy and Prosperous New Year , fishies and BFG. Now to see to my download...

Played 36 mins of demo and have to say I am hooked. Thanks BF. Is a fairly easy game, but love the puzzles and adventure style play. Easy on the eyes IMO. Have been having eye troubles lately, so this is a big deal to me. Can't add to the great reviews made by our regulars (thank you so much for your excellent reviews!) Off to buy!

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 28, 10 3:30 PM
Thanks, appreciate all the reviews, my eyes don't need the strain...Don't even want to demo

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 25, 10 9:55 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! Thank you to all the fishies that have assisted me this year and to BFG for all the great games! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 25, 10 9:48 AM
Goofyduck, I hope you get well soon, will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I look foward to reading your reviews, they are a deciding factor in whether I buy a game or not, too! Feel better and wishing you a Merry Christmas!

posted in Chicken Invaders 2: Christmas Edition on Dec 18, 10 12:09 PM
Disappointed, was expecting to like it, but not as fun as the other CI. Was a little boring. Sorry, but for me a no buy. Other two posts explained game play perfectly. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

posted in Kaptain Brawe - Episode I on Dec 6, 10 3:34 PM
Very well put, couldn't agree more. By the time the "sequel" comes out I have either forgotten or just don't care what happened in the earlier game. Too bad, but I will wait...

posted in The Dragon Dance on Nov 30, 10 4:39 PM
I am excited to try this one. Love puzzles, IHOG/Adventure games so this sounds like one that is right up my alley. Appreciate all the comments, both positive and negative, it helps a lot when I am trying to decide if I want to download or not. (Especially after the bad luck with tech problems lately.) Thanks to all the fishies out there!

Ok, 25 minutes of trial period passed and I have to say it is a buy for me. The hint system is a good one goes by pretty quickly, however the only way I know I have a hint ready is the dragon comes back to play. Glad there is a WT just in case it is needed, good move BF! I am happy to say I have not ran into any glitches/tech problems on my Vista, so that is a huge plus at this point.

Some negatives: small print for the HOG list; some of the items are extremely small and can be hard to find (but at least it is not a junkpile); some dark areas (have to tilt my laptop to see some areas better). Haven't had problems placing objects, but I owe that to the comments made by other fishies, thanks everyone!

Thank BF for the great game!

jpflier wrote:
canajungirl1 wrote:definitely not fixed here. DL demo took about an hour then once it finished it started DL again !! geesh

Same exact thing happened to me, I am still waiting to see what will happen when it finishes...

Welllll...it states error downloading, so evidentally there are still issues. The error note stated "Installation Error. The downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run. (771)" Now off to tech support, lovely...

canajungirl1 wrote:definitely not fixed here. DL demo took about an hour then once it finished it started DL again !! geesh

Same exact thing happened to me, I am still waiting to see what will happen when it finishes...

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 13, 10 4:01 PM
gingergal wrote:Thanks for the heads up re language - I was looking into purchasing this game but now I won't - thanks!

There is no trial version and no warning on big fish games re that in a game which is important to me, and I wouldn't have found out until after I purchased it.

Yes there is far worse language in 'real life' and I can't do anything about that BUT I can choose what books and games I play and I am fed up hearing bad language everywhere, so in my 'private' area, I don't want to choose to be exposed to it. So warnings are good

I am in agreement with you. Will not be purchasing, glad I read the reviews first.

posted in Avenue Flo: Special Delivery on Nov 13, 10 10:03 AM
sparkle76 wrote:spoiler:

there is a sneaky orange bottle behind the fire hydrant in front of the laundry

also a sneaky blue balloon on the blue roof of darla's cafe

hope this helps

Thank you!!! That sneaky, sneaky bottle that was the only one I was missing, after looking forever I read your post and sure enough there it was!

posted in Youda Farmer 2: Save the Village on Nov 6, 10 2:15 PM
Not normally my type of game, but the more I played it, the better I liked it! It was a really fun game during the demo. It gets harder as it goes along, with multiple timed tasks. Seems to be a decent length game, looking at the map. Am off to buy and will try to come back and give a better review. Happy gaming!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Oct 23, 10 8:41 AM
Thank you, Sheria! I had tried this last night and it did not work, but I did not uninstall/reinstall game manager. I did this morning and worked like a charm! Thank you! Off to play now...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator