Posts created by BadWhippet

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 15 6:43 PM
I've tried the troubleshooting problems as recommended (my DPI was already set at 100% anyway) but this game simply won't work in Windows 10 - even with various compatibility settings. As the original poster said, there is a black screen, a bit of sound effect and music with a custom white pointer, but absolutely nothing else.

It's a shame - this series looks great. I'll try a couple of other things like screen refresh rate, but it looks like this might be an uninstall title.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Oct 11, 15 5:18 AM
Same here. It's flashing and flickering right from the first logo and into the game - so badly that we cannot bear to look at the screen.

I've tried every compatibility setting so far (from Windows 10) to get this running on my mom's new laptop. Her AMD drivers are fully up to date. I've even tried manually altering the Game.ini file settings manually. Nothing works. This one might become a refund request as I only bought it for mom (it's not a game I would play).

posted in Monopoly ® on Feb 17, 13 4:49 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and confirm that the version that is installed, is dictated by your operating system during download.

If you have the incorrect version, please get in touch with <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> so we can provide some more specific help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

This isn't quite the problem.

My version IS the UK version (all the place-names on the board are the UK's "Old Kent Road" etc). However, the game is using American names to trade, offering us a place we've never heard of in excchange for another we've not heard of).

This is actually an older bug that has already been fixed in the Android/Blackberry app versions (although the Chance cards still use American names like "Go To Reading Road..." but those are bearable). Trading is really, really difficult with this version though. It's not the version of the game at fault; that's correctly detected, but the game is using the wrong property cards when trading.

posted in Monopoly ® on Feb 17, 13 4:39 PM
It's a lovely game, and the best version for giving the true feel of the original board game. It's great to be able to set different behaviours for landing on Free Parking, whether you want forced auctions etc. Really wonderful in this regard.

But it has one big, fat bug for non-US versions that really lets it down: although my board and property cards are the correct UK version (my locale settings have been identified correctly) all the trading offers are done in US names! The computer opponent will offer you a property you will never have heard of, and will ask you for another that you won't have heard of in exchange. The Community Chest and Chance cards also refer to American street names and stations "Go to Reading Road and if you pass Go..." (huh?) and it's really, really difficult to keep track of what's going on, spoiling the experience hugely.

This same game has been released for smartphones and tablets (I already own it on the Blackberry Playbook), and that version has been fixed (the trading at least - chance cards are still broken). Unless you are a US player, I don't recommend buying this game from BigFish until BigFish can obtain the updated version that properly supports international versions of the game like the smartphone and tablet (identical) versions already do. For now, I'll stick to playing on my Playbook and hope BigFish can get the updated version.

posted in Monopoly ® on Feb 17, 13 4:34 PM
This game has a big, nasty bug in it for non-US versions (or at least in the UK version): although the board and property cards are the correct UK version (and the colours too) when trying to trade (or invited to trade) all the place-names are from the US version instead. Being totally unfamilar with the US version, it's hard to know what's being traded. UK players don't know any of the US names and have no idea what's going on in the offered trades.

The trading bug was fixed by EA for all the tablet and phone editions of this game (alas, not the Chance cards which still say "Go back to [unknown-place]". I can live with the faulty Chance cards etc, but the trading in US place-names completely ruins the game because we don't know what places are being referred to. This is almost a show-stopper for non-US players.

Can BigFish please obtain the updated version for BigFish buyers too, please? It totally ruins the game when having no idea what "Ventnor-something-or-other" is.

PS: I've also reported it as a bug in the hope you guys can get the newer version for us.

posted in Zuma Deluxe on Dec 8, 12 8:40 PM
Ndugu - that is a massively helpful post! I've been stuck on the very lowly 5-4 and 5-5 all night! Just tried the Gauntlet mode and I already feel more skilled at it. Thanks!

I agree.

In terms of raw imagination and atmosphere, this game really does give many big-name game developers out there a real run for their money. For me it was the right balance of creepy and grim but not to the extent I had to stop playing (some games DO affect me like that, but not this one). However, a few other people here have commented that they found it too much so it's probably good to take BFG's warning on the purchasing page seriously.

Well, the thread title gave me a laugh!!!

It's a tough game and even though I consider myself a seasoned pro at MCF titles, I hit the forums within 5 minutes of playing after walking past the swing some 20 times with no clue what to do next!

So you're not alone. Pop a question here and someone will soon set you on your way.

I must say I liked it (well, maybe not the pimples, but I tried not to think too much about that).

I think it's clever how, when this game is SO clearly about mannequins and not 'real' characters, we just get lost in the game and forget this. The ultimate fate of mamma was a shock, but it's NOT mamma - it's a mannequin made to look like her - almost impossible though to keep this in mind during the game. I thought this psychological mind-twisting was sheer brilliance on the part of the developers and it gave the game an edge that makes other titles feel all too twee and cartoony.

So, pimples aside, it gets a huge thumbs-up from me!

I have to say that some of the thread titles in this forum are good for a laugh too! "Mother's nose hairs" can only be a Mystery Case Files game questions, can't it!

I can't watch horror movies on my own and I can't play spooky games either, but I didn't think this game was too bad. For on-the-edge-of-your-seat tension, I think Return To Ravenhearst was worse, but in terms of graphic intensity, this title is far more powerful.

The main 'problem' (not a problem to me - I liked the twist) is that even though you can SEE the characters are meant to be mannequins, you cannot help but keep thinking them human. I think this is the psychological twist - it plays with your mind and I think it's very, VERY clever at doing it.

Quite a few people have commented on having to turn off the sounds. They didn't trouble me, but I can see how they would upset some people easily.

I can't watch horror movies on my own and I can't play spooky games either, but I didn't think this game was too bad. It IS intense though. The main 'problem' (not a problem to me - I liked the twist) is that even though you can SEE the characters are meant to be mannequins, you cannot help but keep thinking them human. I think this is the psychological twist - it plays with your mind and I think it's very, VERY clever at doing it.

Quite a few people have commented on having to turn off the sounds. They didn't trouble me, but I can see how they would upset some people easily.

I remember this one. There's no trickery to this token, but it is a blighter to line up properly. It just needs VERY precise positioning. Good luck with it!

Thanks, sunfish!

Knowing there was a thread somewhere, I set out on a search and finally found it. For anyone else unable to complete the last bit of the game, here's the thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/187933.page

You hit the nail on the head, Mo. File me in Group 2 for sure!

The main bonus content is all the picture discs you needed to match in the game in order to empty the locked capsules (only available in the CE edition). However, there are a couple of secret tasks...

*** SPOILER BELOW*** (use mouse)
Identify all the morphing objects in your journal to reveal extra hidden object scenes.

I have to agree with the original poster. I found RtR was too hidden-object focussed (it doesn't need to be - the MCF series is unqiue and can leave mass hidden-object scenes for games that are sold purely as that genre). This game was perfect. The puzzles were incredible and I loved them all (well, that eye one drove me NUTS but it was still totally original and a fun idea). EfR has kept all the best bits of RtR (the storyline, the creepiness and the incredible atmosphere), but improved on the gameplay, the grimness and the twist.

The 'horror' element was done so well too. The psychological twist where we KNOW all the 'subjects' are mannequins, yet uncomfortably they keep becoming human with the crying and distress. I thought this extremely clever.

Well done BFG developers!!! This is an EPIC release!

I found and completed the first secret page of the journal, but I can only find 13 of the 16 clues for the second one. Does anyone know if there are any solutions, hints for this bit? I've flipped through my journal a myriad times now and cannot find any more clues.

Many thanks in advance!

The credits - ALL of them! The outtakes, the "Associate Mongers" morphed from Associate Managers, the outtakes, the dev photos at the end and "camera shy".

I admit I missed the snow shoes from RTR too - yes, I remember us all posting about why we still had those in our inventories after that game!

Hopefully, in any sequel (PLEASE let there be one), that blasted eye-poking puzzle will also be tossed down the cliffs!

I hope it wasn't that horrible eye puzzle! Took me AGES to get through that one!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator