Posts created by GamingGrampa

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 23, 17 6:55 PM
Quick report on level 18, you were right on the money jules, at architect I had to reset 8 times to get a setup with a bolt, at master it took 10 tries both still had to use one extra move to get the needed number of bricks, so in the end I was down 10 coins. It sure beat the alternative!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 22, 17 11:24 AM
Thanks jules, I was under the impression that on the timed levels once the clock starts your committed, nice to know. Those are my worst enemy as I have arthritis in my hands thanks to 40 years of construction work, I have been buying the 9 block of eternal freezes to get through the toughest ones, so maybe I can make a little more headway using the restart trick.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 21, 17 9:18 AM
I couldn't agree more jules, the starting layout can make or break a round. I think you may have been the one to tip me off to the ability to back out and restart a board, I was just reaching Berlin when I started using that trick, it has made quite a difference in my gameplay, "Knowledge is Power"!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 20, 17 3:10 PM
I guess I'll have to play devils advocate here, I haven't had much trouble with them, other than a couple times when the bottom gummy was only one space clear. Most of the time I have lucked out with a lighting bolt and line crush combo definitely does some damage!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 20, 17 12:26 PM
Jules, I think she is referring to the cute little rattlesnake that is hiding behind the yucca bush at level 34-2, is that right globetrotter?
Or it could be the one sitting by the road at level 43!
Okay, my eyesight must be getting worse, I didn't see the 3rd one between the Wyg-Wam motel and the shoe tree!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 19, 17 11:02 AM
Thanks jules, I guess I'll stay with my original plan and do like marie and buy into Amsterdam when I have enough vouchers.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 18, 17 10:40 PM
Congratulations marie, does that mean after you complete Amsterdam you can travel to the cities after Amsterdam free? I got really close to finishing Vancouver a couple weeks ago and I have been thinking about using 400 of my vouchers to go back and finish it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 17, 17 1:08 PM
Thanks for the tips about levels 45 & 57, I'll definitely take your advice. Just finished the 4th monument as I'm pacing myself while I ship mass quantities of resources to New Orleans, this is like a little vacation!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 15, 17 10:00 AM
Real cute snowmanvt, and you are correct Marie, old Route 66 starts in Chicago and I believe the official end is in Pasadena, I live on Foothill Blvd. which is what the last leg of the "Mother Road" is between San Bernardino and Pasadena California.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 14, 17 1:57 PM
Hey snowmanvt, I'm really familiar with Route 66! I live on it in San Bernardino, CA. This should be fun.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 11, 17 10:31 AM
Hi glitter, I noticed this morning that my game looks a little different and the free treasure chest I got was nicer looking and accurate, I also left a little message for you on the senior thread about Berlin and New Orleans (where I'm at).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 11, 17 10:08 AM
I noticed that too, but it did seem to fix the little glitch with the treasure chests. Well back I go to New Orleans, gee what fun ?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 9, 17 10:36 PM
Hey seniors, been a while since I posted and I wanted to take a moment to thank jules , eli and the the other "A-Team" members for the very helpful tips for the various cities, I am now in New Orleans and your tips about the brutal levels made it a lot easier to deal with. I'm at level 42 and still fighting! And Glitter, hang in there Berlin is a prep for N.O. the monuments keep getting real expensive and be sure to study the N.O. level help thread, "knowledge is power"!!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 9, 17 9:14 AM
I'm with you Marie, just finished the 4th monument and if I'm lucky I might get out of New Orleans by Labor Day! I am taking Lawaters advice and just doing the minimum to get through.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 9, 17 8:19 AM
Level 32-2 "eli173" I know you posted your tip in March of last year but I had to make a comment, the direct deal is 1,000,000 bricks and blue caps and I must have been really lucky, 15 seconds in I was able to make a bolt ?? and take out the paper, the rest was easy (and I suck at timed levels)! Also thanks for all your great tips about N.O. Knowledge is power!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 15, 17 9:27 AM
Woosywoosy1, to respond to a message go to the bottom of the page and hit reply. On your problem with Paris 115 you didn't say whether it is intern, architect or master level. I completed 115M last week and I gave up one of my lives to refresh my memory just now, if memory serves I used a combo boost going in and carefully positioned a bomb and bullet together to clear the center area to get more baby blues. If any of you big time veterans want to chime in on this we welcome your input, I'm just in London now.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 23, 17 11:44 PM
Welcome to Paris bowiecowgirl arrived on Saturday morning and so far no real difficult levels. I've punched 4 stamps in my passport so far, I've also been exploring that hideaway island lots of colors!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 21, 17 8:37 AM
And a beautiful Saturday morning to all my new lady friends on Gummy Drop! Got on the forum and had to scroll over to page two, I am now in beautiful Paris so I am enjoying myself immensely!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 19, 17 7:58 AM
Marie1931, I truly envy you, in spring of 1974 while on the last cruise of my navy hitch two of my buddies and I traveled from Amsterdam where our ship was ported for a nine day stay to Paris, after taking in the sites and enjoying the nightlife on day one we spent day two traveling around the suburbs and local countryside, it was the most incredible day of my life!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 17, 17 1:37 PM
bowiecowgirl, lord kalvan, and trav3lgirl a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm a 64 yr. old Navy veteran and grandfather of four, I don't play all the time cause I still work, I'm finishing New York and then it's on to Paris! Loved that city in the real world! l'll look forward to these little chats with you ladies, thank you for the tips.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator