Posts created by BeckyArtImagine

posted in DinerTown: Detective Agency on Apr 4, 11 7:44 AM
Really simple, fun, and easy to play game! Great for kids (as some have mentioned), and just an all around exciting experience with Bernie the Budding Detective, and all our familiar pals of Dinertown!

posted in AGON - The London Scene on Apr 3, 11 10:44 AM
Sorry guys! I apologize (I bow deeply)! I had no idea I was being harsh, just thought I was being direct. Will be more careful from now on in our pond!!!!

posted in Making Mr. Right on Apr 3, 11 9:58 AM
I think this game is winningly addictive too, and just plain FUN - but

ember89 wrote: i think if it were truly to work, the game should be about the relationships and maybe actually playing matchmaker - as the description allows.... build communities of singles and help men AND women gain the skills they need to win the guy/girl of their dreams...

if this were added (and a few things I write at the bottom), I would feel the game would be complete.

That said, I LOVE it!

It's appealing in its visuals and animations,
I like the fact that while it seems like it's guy-bashing, the Dr. is surreptitiously falling in love with HER man,
it combines quite a few types of games that I like together (build games, match 3, time management,
and the romance element is GREAT (it really suckered me in, and I'm the type to play games like Fable 3!!!!)
There is a place for this kind of game, and I love that, but:
maybe balance out the "only guys could use some life skills to get their mate," misperception (cause I know I had to do a lot of this kind of training myself, but I'm a woman (as opposed to the assumptions given in this game),
fix the playability part of the game (in terms of all the comments in the forums on this site), like:
making the resting station pause mood deterioration,
adding the option of buying extra dating tables to put in so that you could manage your time a little more effectively (and grab a full set of smiles for each man to go for the gold),
make the match 3 LONGER (I just start to get into it, and begin to work for some power ups, and the count down timer stops me - sigh),
add a Guy's Gift Shop, with things like cars, tools, camping (ETC) and sports items,
add for the Girl's "mate improvement" stations like mechanic abilities (under a hot rod hood ), learning how to throw a football properly, and how to bait a hook without hurling or sticking yourself (all that would be done GREAT with YOUR artists' and animators' style ),
and fix all these things by maybe putting out a collector's edition,
and I think you'll have a tongue-in-cheek, fun hit on your hands!!!!!!
- seriously, if you did all of these things, and added your own creative additions to all of this, I really would think it would be one of the greatest games of all time... it would be really clever, and really kind, and a well thought-out game, all at the same time!!!!!

posted in AGON - The London Scene on Jan 7, 11 7:33 AM
You know what guys, (removed by moderator). Almost all the posts here explain that this is a series-based game and that BF was caught unawares about how short it was and how difficult it might be to get the rest too late to change anything. (removed by moderator) and to be able to accept with grace and compassion when someone makes a mistake (we are all human), especially a game site so reliable and so great as this one. (removed by moderator), be glad that you got to play what you could, and what you can, and realize that OTHER STUDIOS are developing most of these games, and have their own agendas and made their own decisions for THEIR SPECIFIC NEEDS, and that Big Fish is being cool enough to search for them, research and test them, and then go through business agreements, and a bunch of management and copyright (removed by moderator)

posted in AGON - The London Scene on Jan 7, 11 7:31 AM
You know what guys, (removed by moderator). Almost all the posts here explain that this is a series-based game and that BF was caught unawares about how short it was and how difficult it might be to get the rest too late to change anything. (removed by moderator) and to be able to accept with grace and compassion when someone makes a mistake (we are all human), especially a game site so reliable and so great as this one. (removed by moderator), be glad that you got to play what you could, and what you can, and realize that OTHER STUDIOS are developing most of these games, and have their own agendas and made their own decisions for THEIR SPECIFIC NEEDS, and that Big Fish is being cool enough to search for them, research and test them, and then go through business agreements, and a bunch of management and copyright (removed by moderator)

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Nov 29, 10 1:23 AM
Wow, I loved this game! During some time off I got sucked into this one, and had so much forget - about - all - time - and - space fun with the beautiful details and the interesting historical facts (bonus points for coming up with ones I had never heard of before, btw - it's great to hear things that are over and above the repititious common - knowledge facts), that I forgot to eat for a while and just sat gleefully in front of the computer for like 10 hours straight. That kind of take-you-away engagement is what you want in a game! Thumbs us to you guys, and by all means, those of you that are surfing the forum trying to decide on whether to take a gamble on this game or not, please, buy it!

Oh, and PS - I was very satisfied/content with the way you guys portrayed Leonardo Da Vinci - as an art student and a Da Vinci devotee, it is rare to find facts and portrayals about Leonardo from an artistic and engineering point of view, without it being dumb-ed and numb-ed down in a very patronizing, condescending, "you're the public and so you don't know anything, so we have to talk to you in primary-speak" sort of way. I usually see him described in the usual human - interest type angles, with the same five old facts about his Mona Lisa, Helicopter, War Machines, etc, and the sensationalized speculations about his private lifestyle (of which to date we really know very little about, despite people's gossip). It was nice to see a clear, honest, humble portrayal of this multi-faceted, artistic, scientific, and humanist man. Thanks for doing him and his subjects justice (and Shakespeare's, too!) without going over the top and/or fawning at his feet.

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Nov 29, 10 12:53 AM
"Is it me or are you tired of these gloomy, evil, human sacrifice-type games? I want something soothing that is beautiful to look at."

Hear hear! Who wants something more horrible and harsh than the regular world already is all by itself? I want something engaging and interesting to release myself into for a while, to relax from all my cares and stresses. There's nothing like an engaging, historical, imaginative puzzler for that - it's like a good book!

FYI - for another good hidden object/storyline solver game, check out Snark Busters (AFTER you buy and play Flux Family I and II ) !!!

posted in Spa Mania on Nov 16, 10 12:03 PM
I loved it, too! See why on the "Welcome To Spa Mania" thread......................

posted in Spa Mania on Nov 16, 10 11:59 AM
Ditto the above. I found you could use it, but only if you wanted to get perfect scores. You didn't HAVE TO, to pass a level, in my game.....

posted in Spa Mania on Nov 16, 10 11:50 AM
OMG OMG OMG I love this game!!!!! Thanks to all who imagined it and made it real !!!

For anyone who is surfing the forums wondering to buy this, it's a real great game! Well worth the regular price.

Here are a few elements:

-Satisfying game play - you can master each skill after a few tries, and if you want to go on to an extra level of challenge, you can go for perfect scores/levels easily, This is great if you are playing a few games at once, like I do, and may be stuck at a point in another game that is more challenging, and are bored of playing one that is less. Just the right balance of enjoyable challenge, IMHO.

-Serene and relaxing board music - full of great sounds like rain-sticks, reverberating and resonating gongs, and delightfully twangy Indian and Spanish strings, among others. (for I while I had too much on my plate and would play this just to calm me down and get myself into a meditative state )

-Serene and playful color combinations in each level/board/area - with the added bonus of being able to play with these colors/combinations yourself in Jade's outfits, shoes included... really nicely done, Spa Mania... (you haven't really lived until you've meditated on what colors/patterns/combinations can do for your mood, I'm tellin' ya, don't think it's a wuss thing, try it out...)

-An honest, modest, honorable story - with engaging and authentic characters from around the world, in their colorful, inherently interesting, authentic, anthropological cultures; positive, uplifting, humorous messages with something gentle to teach (or remind us of), while all the while keeping it light (without making too much of itself, or taking itself too seriously).

Ingeniously crafted, thoroughly thought - out, and seriously fun, this is a must - play if you like world culture, serene music (think Enya, but better) satisfying gameplay, a global and green consciousness, and down - to - earth warmth.

Loved it, loved it, loved it, gonna play it again and again until I feel like I have gotten as high scores as I can get!

Try this game, you will be rewarded for spending your time and your money.

Peace and Blessings To You All - Thanks PlayFirst and BigFish!!!

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Sep 4, 10 7:51 AM
I Suppose that after all of these positive comments another one is moot - but I have to chime in and jump up and down excitedly about how interested I am in this game and how thrilled I am playing it. I am an artist who loves saturated color, thought - out details, and LOTS AND LOTS OF IMAGINATION (in everything ). This fits the bill for me completely! Not only am I intrigued by the persona created in Our Girl Hero, but also by the world that all of the details indicate (what fun, can I be there, too? I'd be a really good Snark Buster!!! And I'd look great all decked out in steampunk clothes, too... Pleeeeeeeeease????? ). But mostly (call me silly if you want ) I really enjoy the fact that this is a game that gives a satisfying combination of simplicity and challenge. A lot of stuff is straightforward, and a lot of stuff CERTAINLY ISN'T ,and it makes me force myself to not hit the hint button until I find the solution, which gives me an immense feeling of pride and satisfaction that I figured out each little mystery myself, just like the character has done!!!
So WOW Alawar Games, you've thrilled and interested a girl who loves the movie The Dark Crystal (to give you an idea of what type of richness in aesthetics I'm into , and is constantly looking to NOT be bored in interactivity, WHILE I am enjoing the visual aspects of a game in an immersive challenge. THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!
More in the series??????? Please????????

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator