Posts created by erbusbee

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Jul 2, 11 9:03 PM
This game was just delightful! Bright, colorful graphics, a comical main character, interesting fantasy world, and catchy music. The steampunk theme was icing on the cake! The puzzles were too easy, but the hidden objects were straightforward and the problem-solving element was really a welcome change.

I'll definitely give the sequel a try, thumbs up to the first one!

posted in Rangy Lil's Wild West Adventure on Jul 2, 11 8:56 PM
Cool theme but way too quick. By the end of the trial hour, was nearly done with chapter 4, and it looks like there are only 5 chapters!

posted in King Arthur on May 3, 11 7:17 PM
Eh. This is a decent game, but nothing spectacular. It played smoothly enough, and I love the King Arthur theme. I enjoyed the mix of mini-games throughout, and the hint system was clever. However, the characters were over-simplified, the graphics mediocre, and the hidden objects very repetitive. I don't like finding the same spider, snake, and cockroach in every other scene.

Someone else mentioned the poem, and I'd also love to know the credit for the poem at the end. It was beautiful.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Apr 27, 11 10:22 PM
I loved this! Gorgeous visuals, interesting storyline, and the sound effects and ambient noise were just wonderfully immersive. Two thumbs up.

It was a little short to me, but I don't mind brevity when it comes with quality. The developers obviously poured a lot of time and energy into this one. Also, I didn't mind moving around from place to place - it only took a few seconds, so I'm not sure why all the complaints about it? It may just be a matter of perspective. I play a lot of online role-playing type games and it's not uncommon to spend twenty minutes traveling somewhere.

posted in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo on Apr 18, 11 10:47 PM
I feel like I got ripped off on this one. Total play time to complete the game, per the in-game timer: 1 hour 10 minutes. So glad I used a credit for that last 10 minutes of playtime.

It wasn't exactly a bad game, especially since I love aquatic themes, but I should have saved the credit and played the Nemo's Secret game (available here on Bigfish and WELL worth the credit) again instead.

posted in World Mosaics 2 on Nov 21, 10 10:16 PM
I enjoyed the first World Mosaics game so much that I went ahead and got the two sequels last month, to finish up my punch card. The sequel World Mosaics 2 is fabulous. Definitely one of the best "bang for your buck" games on Big Fish, in terms of entertainment hours. I love the HOGs, but I often zip through them in a few hours. These puzzle games, on the other hand, have a ton of content and take quite a while to complete. There are a lot of extra puzzles too.

I'm looking forward to starting the third in the series!

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Oct 21, 10 11:09 PM
I really enjoyed this one. The story was suspenseful enough to keep my interest, the graphics were nicely done and surprisingly diverse. Some scenes were lush and opulent, others austere and creepy. Thumbs up!

posted in Ancient Spirits: Columbus' Legacy on Oct 21, 10 11:05 PM
So much lost potential! This game has all the suspenseful elements of something really interesting: history, foreign cultures, ghosts. Sadly, it's mediocre at best.

There is no soundtrack, just random cheesy "ambient" noises that don't really set the mood at all. The graphics are okay, bright and pretty, but nothing spectacular. Often the images don't fit the name of the object you are trying to find, and names like "can (box)" or "bundle" (of what?) don't even make sense.

By the time I got to the tortilla, I was really just hoping the game would be over soon. Developers? Cooking tortillas isn't game-worthy, exciting, or interesting. Also, finding the same object ten times (ooooh! lantern!) gets really repetitive. At least by the third time I had to find a "can (box)" I had some vague idea what to find.

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Sep 21, 10 10:41 PM
I loved this game! Gorgeous graphics that varied quite a bit - some areas are spooky and dark, some areas are bright and green - so it never got old. The storyline kept me on my toes and gave several surprises. I enjoyed the puzzles too, which were challenging and unique without being frustrating. It took a reasonable amount of time to finish, relative to some of the games on here (I've found several disappointingly short HOGs that were beatable in 2 hours). Progression through the game was pretty logical, and I didn't find myself lost running around. Overall I'm really pleased, and will look for more games from this developer on BFG.

posted in Deadtime Stories on Sep 15, 10 11:48 PM
Love the voodoo theme, love the story, love the characters. I'd be delighted to see a sequel to this, or another game with a similar feel to it. Only wish it were longer!

posted in The Stone of Destiny on Sep 12, 10 8:59 PM
Wow...twelve minutes was about all the pain I could stand.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Sep 10, 10 7:37 PM
This was a gorgeous game, both in terms of the graphics and the music. The overall aesthetic was fun with a steampunk feel, and the audio track really helped set the mood. Thumbs up!

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Sep 9, 10 12:24 PM
I played this game on my partner's computer, and it's one of my favorites from Big Fish so far. The Western theme is a fun diversion from all the "oooh dark spooky" games I've played lately. The graphics are bright and crisp. The characters are cheesy yet loveable. I particularly enjoyed the mini-games on this one, too.

Golden Trails seems more well-planned than other games, and more rich in terms of details and options. You can collect a certain number of sherrif's badges to reach an extra mission/chapter, which really completes the storyline and helps explain the characters. I also loved the option to complete the trophies/badges throughout the game, which gives the player optional fun goals to work on, and makes me more likely to replay the game. I haven't found any other HOGs that I really looked forward to replaying, largely because there weren't any other goals or reasons to do so, but his game is different.

posted in National Geographic ™ presents: Herod's Lost Tomb on Sep 9, 10 12:15 PM
I really wanted to love this game. I was delighted to see something with a cultural/historical focus where I could learn as I played along. The graphics were pretty, and the cut scenes about Herod were really interesting.

Unfortunately, the game itself was painfully boring. You start with hidden object scene A in chapter one, then do scenes A and B in chapter two, then A/B/C in chapter three, etc. By the time the game is through, you will have completed some of the same hidden object scenes a dozen times!

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Sep 8, 10 11:40 PM
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say "bleh". Granted, it's a neat story and the game mechanics are clear and consistent, like the other two Blue Tea games I played here (Enlightenus I and II, which I loved).

However, after the hour trial was up, I was already in Chapter 8. To decide whether to purchase it or not, I checked out the walkthrough to see how many chapters there were, and realized I was already 2/3 of the way through the game. Seems silly to buy it when I'll be finished in less than another hour.

posted in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny on Sep 8, 10 10:10 PM
Well, crud. I'm in the same boat - jerky screen means I can't even get past the start/menu area. I have the latest DirectX and NVIDIA drivers, just double checked. No improvement. I'll be emailing customer service next.

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 7, 10 1:47 PM
I realized something - you can only have a max of five hints. When you have five, no fireflies appear. That explains a lot. Once I used a hint, I started seeing them.

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 6, 10 11:29 PM
I'm having a ball with this one too! I'd love more games that are a mix of RPG and HOG like this. Very fun!

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 6, 10 11:03 PM
OK maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any fireflies, and I'm already up to chapter 10! I see blue sparklies with the titles/headline text sometimes, when I complete a quest or whatnot, but I doubt that's what I'm looking for. Can anyone help?

posted in Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower on Sep 5, 10 11:02 PM
While a lot of the HOGs have replay value because you search for different objects, this seems to be a one-time deal. If you remember odd jokes, you'll remember which item goes where the second time around. It's still a great game, even to just play once.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator