Posts created by mutantarcade

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 9, 10 1:05 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and thank you all for the positive comments on Skymist - we love getting feedback on our work (even the negative feedback - that's useful too!) so hearing that you all enjoyed it really makes us happy. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, and again, thanks for all the support!!!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 7:43 PM
Hi Curiosity64!

There's been a bit of confusion about how the ring puzzle works - you actually don't have to click on the disc, you just have to click on the hexagonal space in the middle of the ring (once you close the doors using the gem control pad) and the disc will be automatically inserted. Sorry about the confusion - hope it wasn't too frustrating for you!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 5:19 PM
Hi OliverSouth and Topmomo--

If I understand your situations right, all you should have to do is use the control panel with the gems to close the doors inside the ring, then click on the hexagonal space in the center of the doors - the gem holder will automatically connect to the ring at that point.

Hope that helps!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 4:23 PM
Hi WastnTime--

Also, if you're using the newest version of the game (it was posted to the site the evening of the 6th), you might try just using the "Restart Level" option from the game menu - several players who have encountered this issue have been able to progress by doing this rather than starting off fresh from the beginning of the game. Hope that helps!

Kai

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 3:23 PM
Hi waltdu!

Sounds like you might have hit a glitch in the goal messaging for that area; the objective should read "Restore the flow of power to the cable control switch."

You might also check the walkthrough for Skymist - it can provide you with more details on how to complete this part if this hint doesn't help you.

Kai

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 1:07 PM
Hi charliehenry and einram71!

If you've downloaded the updated version of the game (it was released the evening of the 6th - see the sticky post at the top of the forum for Skymist), you just have to bring up the game menu from within the level you're on, then click "Restart Level."

Sorry you've gotten stuck - hope this helps!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 12:55 PM
Awesome! Glad the update worked out for you and that you're not leaving us!

Kai

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 10:50 AM
Hi jinocchio!

For those of you who got stuck on the bar, in the new version we added a "Restart Level" button on the game menu. Unfortunately this does mean you have to restart the level, but this time through you won't be affected by the Bar bug. And we figure that it beats having to restart the entire game.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

PS - the updated version was released the evening of the 6th - so if you haven't checked on it since then, it's available now.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 10:43 AM
Aww...thanks, you guys!!!

As far as we're concerned, BFG players are absolutely the best customers in the world - it's totally worth a little extra effort if it keeps you all happy!

Kai

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 7, 10 10:38 AM
Hi pchy, Harriju, and Vaugh!

Thank you so much for your kind words about Skymist! It's been quite a lot of work getting this game made, so it's always wonderful to hear such positive feedback from players. And yes - we are hard at work on the next one!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 8:23 PM
Hi Reada--

Unfortunately, I don't have a good way to provide you with my credentials as one of the developers on Skymist - unless you'd like me to post some of the game's source code, which I assure you, is not a terribly exciting read.

Anyway, regarding the skip button - I'm not sure exactly where you're at on the puzzle, but assuming you're at the point where you're able to turn the letters on and off with the four red buttons in on the wall, what you need to do is work on the puzzle a bit - the way the skip button works is that it lights up (so you can use it) after you've spent a while trying to solve the puzzle.

I'm sorry this point in the game has been so frustrating for you, and I hope that this guidance helps you get through this part - if you're still stuck, please feel free to respond here or PM me, and I'd be glad to help you out some more!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc. (really!)

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 5:45 PM
Hi there everyone!

The updated version of the game is now available to download - check out the sticky post by the moderators for details:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/104798.page

I'm posting specifically in this thread so that those of you who are still stuck on the Bar can finally move on - the game now has a "Restart Level" button, accessible from the game menu. Just click it, say "Yes" to the dialog that follows, and the level will restart. In addition, the Bar bug itself has been fixed, so there should be no more getting stuck there.

I'll be monitoring the forums as the new version of the game gets out into the world, and if any problems come up (and hopefully this time around none will) we'll be ready to get them dealt with.

As always, thanks so much to everyone for all your patience and support!!!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 5:40 PM
Hi there everyone!

The updated version of the game is now available to download - check out the sticky post by the moderators for details:

I'm posting specifically in this thread so that those of you who are still stuck on the Bar can finally move on - the game now has a "Restart Level" button, accessible from the game menu. Just click it, say "Yes" to the dialog that follows, and the level will restart. In addition, the Bar bug itself has been fixed, so there should be no more getting stuck there.

I'll be monitoring the forums as the new version of the game gets out into the world, and if any problems come up (and hopefully this time around none will) we'll be ready to get them dealt with.

As always, thanks so much to everyone for all your patience and support!!!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 5:35 PM
Hi everyone!

If you didn't notice the forum sticky, the updated version of the game is available to download - details on what was changed are in the post provided by the moderators:

As always, I'll be around monitoring the forums to make sure things work out okay for everyone with the patch - so please don't hesitate to post in here (or PM me, or whatever) if you come across any issues. Hopefully no one has any major problems, because I'm really hoping to get a little more sleep tonight than I've had in the last 48 hours!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 2:35 PM
Hi Katie!

Since the object is pretty close to the edge of your screen, it might be that in your case it's just not quite visible due to how the game is displayed on your monitor. There are a couple ways you might try addressing this:

1. You could try switching the game into windowed mode (hit the Menu button, then Options, then uncheck the "Fullscreen" box) - from windowed mode you should be able to see the "one ball" and click on it. After doing so, you can always switch back to fullscreen mode by again opening the Menu, selecting Options, the re-checking the "Fullscreen" box.

or

2. You could try using the Hint button, which should show you roughly where the object is when the sparkles fly across the screen, then just follow the sparkles a little ways with your mouse and try clicking just outside the screen. With a little luck, you may manage to click on the object in the process.

Sorry you're having a hard time getting past this part - hope these suggestions help!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 11:00 AM
Hi Bee!

Absolutely ! As soon as it's ready, you all will be the first to know.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 9:31 AM
Thank you, djrum! We're happy to help, and as far as we're concerned, it's the very least we can do to make sure you guys are satisfied with the game.

EDIT - I've been asked to keep things from getting overly technical in responding to player issues, particularly since the BFG Customer Support team are the ones who are actually trained to deal with these problems.

Kai

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 9:26 AM
Hi Sunny!

Sorry to hear that you ran into a problem with the hint system - I did see one other player report of a similar issue (I think on the Museum level) so that's definitely something we'll be looking into.

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention, and I hope you've enjoyed the rest of the game!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 9:05 AM
EDIT - I've been asked to keep things from getting overly technical in responding to player issues, particularly since the BFG Customer Support team are the ones who are actually trained to deal with these problems.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 5, 10 7:34 PM
Hi everyone!

To start with, I want to express our gratitude to everyone here on the BFG forums who's downloaded Skymist, from those of you who have played it and loved it to those of you who have run into some problems with the game and provided feedback and information on your experiences.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator