Posts created by bjmartin45

posted in The Fog on Dec 9, 14 8:33 AM
First of all, I should NEVER have bought a game that I knew was glitchy, DD or not. Mea culpa, my own fault. But.. now I'm trying to work my way thru it.

I am stuck in the Green House trying to either move the rock on the mannequin or open the gate to the outside that is wired shut. The crowbar has not worked on either.

I have a sharp razor, a crowbar, 2 of 3 sticks of firewood and matches. I also have a couple of triangles, a butterfly wing and a needle.

The hint button is pointing at the refrifgerator HOS, which I have already played.

Would somebody please tell me how to move past this sticking point?

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 7:59 AM
Could somebody help me with this puzzle? It tells me "If I could shove something in this, I could redirect the water and search the net."

Even when I use the object called out in the strategy guide, nothing happens. And I've clicked all over the maddening thing with the object!

posted in Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town on Aug 18, 13 1:16 PM
Is there a way to skip this game?
I have the reflexes of a dead haddock. It's one of the reasons I like Hidden Object games so much.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Aug 10, 12 1:54 PM
Try it this way: all of the four skulls that turn are marked with a symbol on their forehead. Find the matching forehead symbol on the outer ring of the big center device. On the next ring in, on the center device, is another symbol next to the forehead symbol. Rotate the skull with the forehead symbol so that the symbol lines up with the same symbol on the inner ring of the center device. Repeat the process for all three remaining skulls.

Hope this clear enough to help the next bewildered (and frustrated) fishie.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Aug 10, 12 1:38 PM
Thanks, Henx. I really needed the help.

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Aug 5, 12 9:34 AM
Quest to get pirate Grandfather out of jail while pursued by evil Army officer. Entertaining, play it thru (don't let more that about 2 days pass between sessions) or you lose engagement with the plot. Check trophy case at every location. Shooting bandits gives you hints. Hunting clovers is a pain but necessary to finish the game properly. The walkthru will show where the clovers are hiding if your get tired of doing it the hard way.

posted in Mummy's Treasure on May 23, 12 6:46 PM
Hey this game won't run on my tv/monitor. The tv claims "Mode not supported." The resolution is set to the recommended 1024x768. What's with that? Can this game be opened in a window? The problem, I'm 95% sure is the resolution, but I've been wrong before. Any suggestions?

posted in Mummy's Treasure on May 23, 12 6:37 PM
This one is a No Go. The demo won't run on my TV/monitor. The resolution of which is set to the recommended 1024x768, btw;. Most games WILL run on my tv so I have to wonder about those that don't. I wonder if there is some way to open a game in window mode?

posted in Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets on Feb 11, 11 6:36 AM
Thanks to you all for helping me with this frustrating puzzle!

"Start with the biggest and work your down to the smallest." from sailor kelsey
"see an outline of the acorn. Try releasing the acorn about halfway on top of the outline" from comicseller
"only a certain acorn will fit in a specific spot. If you keep trying the same acorn in the wrong spot, it will never stay." from MaryLiLamb
and from me - it's hard to tell which is 'biggest' so if following the above guidelines doesn't work try a different acorn.

posted in Cate West: The Velvet Keys on Oct 15, 10 6:42 AM
I hated the 'dialog' part of this game and just skipped as much as possible. But I bought it anyway because the game play itself had some interesting twists on the usual.

If the creators improve their scripting and story presentation I'd buy all their games. As it is I would hesitate to buy the first Cate West even as a DD.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator