Posts created by loveday

posted in Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror on Jun 7, 15 7:23 PM
Well nearing the end of game the lightbox in hidden room in cellar ... able to light the candle ... place candle ...then puzzle starts or should say stops... puzzle to do and everything freezes cant even close game have to reboot .... have tried several times the first time though i managed to click one of the switches but now nothing moves very disappointing again bf ...smooth sailing until now ...windows xp pc

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 13 12:54 AM
Elephant strikes again with a solid game in the series....but rather annoying the continuous cut scenes - a bit of overkill...great to see the extras and the team having fun.... I recommend this, has good story definitely won't bore u

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Mar 16, 13 12:36 AM
Love this game especially being a standard, worth while purchase..... I would recommend this.........

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on Jun 1, 12 9:26 PM
Well .........here's a waste of time ...oh yeah this a sequel never tried it never will...the heroine some buxom blond with psychic powers ...and some guy who would pass as a young version of Arnie.. body size that is,,,,what are the developers thinking of

Well ........ loads of stupid finds .. loads of puzzles and a storyline that I skipped.. on top of that a cursor goes slow and really doesnt want to work

Well.........pass......no good this...

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on Jun 1, 12 9:07 PM
Love the Series and Loved the game.... have to be a fan for this game to bypass the no Snark chasing side ... or lack of Snark....

Really short this game .....wish they would improve on it... last two were short as well..

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 10, 11 11:11 AM
I would have to agree way too much backtracking/shallow story - I still can't figure out what's with the airship and that hint button.

But this review isn't negative I really enjoyed it as with most C.E and S.E you tend to be able to calculate when it's over and for this one surprise surprise hard to guess........game play fantastic

The bonus game is also lengthy....... graphics were really good, puzzles easy but still challenging.......

A really good C.E, one i would honestly say will be playing again - which doesn't happen that often.

posted in The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa on Nov 7, 11 9:38 PM
I am really upset i thought it was me and the blue key only ...i decided to re-download, if it doesnt work I'll have to try and Live Chat bit of nuisance really...I really like this game.

LOL overthehill60

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 13, 11 11:45 PM

by Bumblefish on October 13, 12:14 PM
After reading some of the reviews, i actually had to replay the beginning to see, if and how the devs have messed up the name of the town. Well, most of you might be used to Hamelin, but here in Germany that town is actually called Hameln without the i.
No need to be shocked or even offended. Towns are often spelled or called differently in different languages.

Thanks Bumblefish never knew that, I thought it was spelt "Hamlin" shows you how much I know

This game has great graphics, nice breather from the onslaught of demons, crazied asylum etc etc. Found it every different the silhouettes and good for me me i hate sitting on a game like to keep moving ..really enjoyed this..

posted in The Lost City: Chapter One on Oct 7, 11 11:23 PM
Found the game frustrating ..good graphics though...hard game to get into for me and i don't like using the walkthrough but for this one had to ..it stumped me several ties..i wouldn't recommend this game though...

I am disappointed that finally we have the continued story of Hidden Expendtions and i had no problems on my acer aspire with my max resolution of 1024 x 600 and now this one doesnt want to fit the screen..

It went into windowed mode with gaps either side - tried to go full screen and it says its been turned off - tried to click on it - it wont work i clicked on widescreen which doesnt have any affect - reloaded again and its portrait mode and full screen disabled.

I can still play the game, played 30 minutes trial but disappointed in developers i would enjoy it more if it was right across my screen..still thinking whether or not to buy..

posted in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace on Aug 6, 11 10:37 PM
Loved this game..bit tedious in the area of hidden objects but nice length - not bad for S.E ..I am surprised. its got me hooked for a third one...

The tral was a good nibble so I thought the game was worthwhile downloading even though its a CE and proved to be a really decent buy...the graphics were really good and the puzzles are worthwhile.

The only downer of the game was xtra play it was very short and mind boggling ...is that all you need to wake up the doctor???

But overall good time wasting fun...

posted in Lara Gates: The Lost Talisman on Jul 23, 11 3:20 AM
This straight up IHOG game was interesting but became pretty dull as you went along not much story ...for me that is.. some of the objects are really small to find so the hint button came in handy.

Liked the puzzles - over all a good lunch break game this one.....the ending shows potential for sequel but i would think twice before i bought..

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 16, 11 2:18 AM
Nice game, excellant mini games... but i found this short but enjoyable and i too agree the ending is really good..doesnt leave you hanging. Not worth it for me being CE though but don't feel ripped off the xtras are good.

posted in Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls on Jul 15, 11 3:18 AM
I found this game tedious not only did you have to hold a hammer over nails but you have to do it a certain way ..and same with the other FROG's not amused by this leaving me rather frustrated if not annoyed when you had to keep trying over and over again to get it right.

The story was a bit bland, the puzzles were alright but the grand finale for the last skull was just a straight to the point door open, your in the temple, do the ihog thing and that's it which was a real shame that you couldnt go looking around inside all of the temple for the last skull.

Overall disappointed but this game is defiinetly not the worst game in my history book ...didnt get bored.

posted in Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight on Jul 14, 11 1:50 PM
I liked this game - graphics were good, better story than most but a bit short - still enjoyable worth the buy to play on my lunch break at work.....

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker on Jun 18, 11 8:14 PM
It took me over 2 weeks to pluck up enough courage to start + finish in the morgue ...this really creeped me out... that doesn't happen that often...i was really freaked..

Bit disappointed in myself i opted to demo the CE then opted out when SE was released so quite tempted to download CE..

The only real down fall of the game is the H/O like 3 lit candles and you have to lite them?? one legged pirate find a wooden peg and put this on them??

Excuse me what has this got to do with H/O??? and What's the point??

Thumbs up for Shiver

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 19, 11 9:57 PM
by Mr_Russ on May 19, 11 2:28 PM

bedheadkg wrote:
I am trying to play this on a netbook, and I'm having a display issue, the bottom part of the screen is missing. The game won't let me switch to windowed mode. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to work round this? It's a gorgeously pretty game and I'd love to be able to at least give it a decent trial.
I doubt it's possible. Most netbooks don't support the 1024*768 screen resolution that the game needs.

Having the same problem the demo is deceptive how was i to know the game bottom was missing ...very irritating. .now have full version and getting no where the windowed mode don't work...can't increase as on netbook and can't window ....help would be nice

posted in Allora and The Broken Portal on May 13, 11 9:19 PM
I surprised myself and i bought this game and played it before Shiver and its really good game loved it but a bit short i thought, the game graphics i liked you could find everything but real short game finished it in a couple of hours... All good though on to Shiver

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 13, 11 9:07 PM
Loved the first one now awesome is the 2nd ..great game, and a great followup to the series? or hoping for a series i would recommend this to anyone who didnt know much about IHOG's or FROG"s its more fun and nothing nasty/ghastly/mobid ...just straight up good gaming.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator