Posts created by uschina

posted in Namariel Legends: Iron Lord on Jun 12, 13 7:46 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Almost missed this one! Toiling away trying to make deadlines, I found this little gem by BF. Cannot wait to play this game when I get a little more time. Absolutely wonderful. I love the storyline, the graphics are great, there are voice overs. What else could you ask for an SE. Thanks BF for a nice game in the middle of the week. And, yeh! No HOG scenes. I will treasure this little chestnut even if the CE games this week are the same old, same old.

Me too, I almost missed this good " no HO scenes" Adventure game, since it was marked in the Adventure section - Hidden Object game. I'm so glad I read a review that told me it is a pure Adventure game with none of that junk piles in it, so I bought it immediately without even trying the Demo and I'm happy I did!!!
My biggest wish to BF is going to the Adventure Categories and finding exactly THAT and not as it is now - just Hidden Objects - they have their own category.

This game had a good story and good graphic but just a little adventure.
Why on earth do we get to choose between categories like adventure, puzzle,
hidden objects, kids games and so on - if in the end ALL WE GET is a HIDDEN OBJECT GAME with all the other categories thrown in.
What bothers me the most are those boring HO list junk piles, even a child
would get bored to death having to do that same thing over and over again.
Please make games in the categories people choose and everyone will be happy!

posted in Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls on Apr 10, 13 7:14 AM
Well, what do I think of this game? Very good story but the game get's killed by all of those boring HOS in it.
There are quite some interesting story-games but unfortunately all of them full with
HOS which drives me mad. I am not a Factory worker who is punished to do the same thing over and over again!
If you can't do without them, then please just 2 or 3 of that time consuming rubbish.
Please keep Adventure and HOG as games on their own and a lot of people will be happy.....

posted in Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town on Aug 21, 12 7:17 AM
Would have loved to find out how to wake that sleeping beauty, but after running
from one HO into the other I just got sick and tired of it.
Seems to me they never will stop with this childish HO lists which just don't fit in an adventure game.
How on earth can any adult sit in front of a picture and click for simple items that are written down like a shopping list???
2 HO's in an adventure/puzzle game are already 1 two many.
Please developers make straight HO games for those who like to do the same thing over and over again and for people who hate it - pure adventure/puzzle. If that day comes I will buy one game after another.

Could have been a good game - but since I hate those HOGs more than anything
this is not what I would call a game. You can choose in that one Mahjong instead -
which I did, but still with so many of that it also becomes boring doing the same thing
over and over again.
Of course some think it is a long game because you sit for hours clicking on HOGs
which is a cheap way for the developers to lengthen a game.
I am sorry I bought that game and wish they would after all those years of
producing the same thing now really make seperate games for Adventure lovers and
those HOG lovers.

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on Jun 2, 12 2:14 AM
[removed by Moderator]

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family on Jan 29, 12 8:25 AM
Very disappointing to get one junk-pile-list (called HOS) after another and I found
this game under Adventure games, well that must be a joke.

posted in Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres on Dec 7, 11 8:42 AM
HOGs, HOGs, HOGs all through the game, sorry but how can clicking HOGscenes
be called a GAME????

Please developers make also games for the people who only want Adventure/Puzzle Games.

grabbinbugs wrote:Incredible graphics, best I have ever seen in a game. I am about 1 1/2 hr into the game and there are no sparkles anywhere. The anti sparkle crowd should be jumping up and down with glee. Instead of the typical HOG scenes the objects are morphing objects and there are random numbers of them to find depending where you are. Some are not that easy to spot. Voice overs are well done and music is randomly used. Great sound effects. Not the easiest game I have ever played by far but the strategy guide is fair decent and keeps your place. There is a journal but no map that I can see. Mini games a bit sparse at first and they are not overly difficult but not a walk in the park either. I rate it a 10

Well, I belong to the anti HOG scenes crowd and I am not jumping up and down
because this morphing objects are even worse. Pity, I'm sure it could be a good game
but I am not willing to put up with that !!!!

HoudiniCats wrote:Could have been a terrific game but way way too many Hidden object scenes...by the end of the game I was bored and only finished the bonus because I paid the extra money for it. Some folks will love that aspect, but for me, I was less than enthralled.

The morphing objects were sort of fun, but didn't make up for the lack of excitement in the game....

Sorry, but the persnickety felines only rate this as fair to middling.

That's exactly how I feel, how on earth can one call one Hidden object scene
after another call a Game ???
What makes me really cross is the fact that the further you play the more of that lists
you get - lazy or uncreativ developers!!!!

posted in F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition on Jul 14, 11 7:18 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

Well, under the Adventure tab you also only find Hidden Object Games
and I also find this HOG scenes insanly boring. It's about time they also
brought Adventure/Puzzle Games without HOG scenes for our taste.

posted in Mystery Novel on Jun 30, 11 7:40 AM
jeffory wrote:You know there are some people who like the sparkles instead of wandering all over the place and having to click on everything in site to know what to do next, if you do not like the sparkles that is fine but quit griping about them because a lot of us that are not that great at these games (and I presume the ones who hate sparkles are geniuses) like to have some idea of what to do next, have been reading about the hate of the sparkles for weeks now and just had to finally say something!!!!!!!!!!

Well I hate those sparkles not because they point to something but because
they normally trigger a junk **** scene which I really hate in these games.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 16, 11 9:15 AM
ElephantGames wrote:First of all - we are greatly inspired with your comments on MT Void. Thank you for all I would really appreciate you can tell me what we can do better in our games, what do you like and don't like about Mystery Trackers, what do you enjoy the most in the HOPAs in general-quest part, Hidden Object scenes

or minigames .[/quot

This was a real good game, interesting to play - the only thing I don't like in any
" Hidden Object game" are those boring List items which one has to do over and over again.
At least in this game I could explore much longer before the next one came.
I know this is an easy way to lengthen a game (klicking for Butterflies, needles and so on) but at least let us have a SKIP button - that would be wonderful !!!
Otherwise I must say this was the best game I bought in a long time.
Thank you and I wish for more games like Mystery Trackers

posted in Blood and Ruby on Apr 5, 11 8:54 AM
Far too many junkpiles, sparkling areas, HOG's or whatever one may call it.
Can't stand them anymore !!!!

posted in Maestro: Music of Death on Mar 26, 11 11:21 AM
seahorsequeen wrote:
QEIII wrote:
geri_mac wrote:graphics are great and so is the story but there were too many hidden object scenes for my liking.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I don't like too many H0G scenes either so will take this into consideration. I've only played 15 mins of demo so far. I will play demo for a bit longer before making my mind up. I never demo or play any CE's. I'm rather a skinflint and as I don't like the screen savers etc or a few mins extra play I am very happy to wait to the SE's come out.
Agree with you both and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't buy a CE (I mainly can't afford the price)lol

Same here, I don't like this hidden object scenes at all - wonder what is hidden
about it ? The developers throw the items around in a picture and we have to put up
with that boring clicking. What a cheap lengthening of a game !!!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 11 10:28 AM
Well, this game looked so promising - beautifull story, very nice graphic and
then you end up doing nothing else then finishing this stupid sparkling
scenes. Now where comes the adventure in - I ask you???
It is like watching a good film and after every two minutes you have to put up with ten minutes "adverts".
The terrible thing is there are no other games without theses **** scenes to buy-
please BF can't you help people who just can't do the same thing over and over
and over again without getting bored to death.
This game could have been so nice if the player could explore and find the
items he needs by himself - but like that the money for a CE was a waste.

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Feb 1, 11 8:07 AM
Good Grief wy did I buy this pure ****-List game?
The story is good but to me it's not a game - just a constant clicking for items in a
list I don't even need. For straight HOG lovers it must be great, but please developers
there are also people who want to play good 'Adventures' games without those
boring collecting lists and in this game there where certainley toooo many of those!
Aren't there gamers out there who also would like to play without those?????

posted in The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure on Jan 27, 11 6:16 AM
besstan wrote:this game not for me sorry besstan

How disappointing, after downloading that huge demo all you get is one HOG-list
after another. No buy for me

bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

This is now called an "Adventure Game" and still full of those Item-Lists which spoil the whole Game!
I really can't anderstand why you give us the option to choose "Adventure" and give us games that all belong to 'Hidden Objects"???
Please, is it not possible for you to get Adventure Games without those HOG-lists
in it?
I would appreciate that very much.

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 5, 10 1:52 AM
I was just going to buy that game when somthing told me let's first check the Forum,
and now I know I am not going to buy this game - since I get sick if I have to go through another HOG list.
There are really only this stupid-boring HOG games and they even have the cheek to put them under ADVENTURE-games. What is going on with Bigfish, don't
they know the difference???

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator