Posts created by firekat7

lol. Try waiting about 5 seconds before you click on the king. Also, I wonder if it depends on exactly where on the king you click, lmbo. I've noticed this game is very particular about precise clicks.

As far as the hollow log goes, you will receive a lantern for that. As far as the fllare stone goes, you will use it later as a signal.

Well, I did figure out how to get in the boat. After you place the salt orb, you have to talk to Nuada. Once you've had a conversation with him you can get into the boat. Also, the strategy guide uses the flame stone later in the game, not on the hollow log.

lindaloo, I had no trouble clicking on the king and having the conversation. That scene took a few seconds to load, so maybe you clicked too soon?

Hi Lindaloo27. I'm having trouble with the bonus game, too. I wasn't able to get as far as you did. I got as far as putting the salt orb on the boat, but when I try to get in the boat, it tells me to find the salt in the forest. I assumed the salt orb was the salt in the forest, silly me. I was not able to look into the dark hollow log. I assume that that was what the flare stone was for, but it doesn't work. Were you able to look in the log? If so, how did you do it?

posted in Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Feb 16, 18 1:47 AM
Well, I just figured out the answer. The first thing you do is aim the egg so that it hits the row with the purple and silver clearing cubes. This leaves only the green and red. Then shoot a green cube at the green clearing cube. Then shoot the remaining stacks of red. This sequence gives the least amount of moves.

posted in Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Feb 16, 18 1:41 AM
I am stuck on puzzle level 3005. I've figured out that what is stopping me from getting three stars are the two frozen reds in the front. There must be an order of clearing cubes plus a combo of egg and weasel in the correct order in the correct place. Anyone figured this one out yet?

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 17 9:10 PM
I am stuck after sewing on the bunny parts. The next logical step is to cut the threads, but when I pick up the scissors to cut the threads sticking out of the poor bunny's sewn on parts, the scissors go back to their spot on the shelf without cutting the threads. I've tried clicking on everything. The only thing that seems workable is the drawer at the bottom of the cabinet, but I can't find anything to open it with. That little key looking thing where the yarn is supposed to be (but there is no yarn) is the only thing that makes any sense, but it doesn't seem to work anywhere. I was hoping that it would open the drawer, but nope. I sure hope somebody finds the problem. I can't tell if it's a tech problem or a blank mind problem, lol. Any help would be appreciated.

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 17 9:04 PM
I finally got it, but it took a lot of futzing around with the buttons. It was frustrating, but I hate to skip games. Must have taken me at least 10 minutes of head banging.

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 17 9:01 PM
Jennifer422 wrote:I was able to play the main game with no problems but when playing the bonus chapter I am stuck trying to fix and dress the bunny. I was able to attach all of the missing limbs but now it wants me to use the yarn. There is no yarn there. I can't find it anywhere else and any hints I ask for just directs me back to the non-existent yarn.

I am having a similar problem. I am not able to use the scissors to cut the threads sticking out of the poor bunny's sewn on parts. The only thing that seems workable is the drawer at the bottom of the cabinet, but I can't find anything to open it with. That little key looking thing where the yarn is supposed to be is the only thing that makes any sense, but it doesn't seem to work anywhere. I sure hope somebody finds the problem. I can't tell if it's a tech problem or a blank mind problem, lol.

posted in MatchVentures on Nov 27, 17 9:17 PM
Thanks SynthpopAddict,

I had tried all of the strategies you've laid out here except the part about doing small matches at the top. That strategy worked for me. I ended up winning the battle after about 4 more tries. I haven't had that same problem with battles on later levels. I guess it was just super bad luck on level 52.

posted in MatchVentures on Nov 25, 17 10:29 PM
ekstra2000, I am in level 52 battle room with the warlock overload, and I swear he is cheating. He gets 3 turns for every 1 of mine. Towards the end of the battle, he may get 4 to 5 turns in a row. One time, he even got about 6 more turns after the battle was over. Is there something wrong with this level, or is the warlock overload just an a*****e? lol

Thank you Ontarioguy! What an easy way to earn an achievement!

Like a lot of other MCF fans, I was quite disappointed in this one. It does not feel like an MCF story line and the characters are shallow, nothing unusual or interesting about them. One of my favorite aspects of MCF are the quirky door lock puzzles. While the door locks in this game did have multiple levels to solve, they were really easy and had none of the quirkiness we all love so much. There was no snarkiness in the dialog. There was nothing surprising. This game did not engage in the mental stimulation that a Master Detective deserves. On top of that, it was very short, only 5 hours for me for the main game, and I am not a fast player.

One thing that was missing that I like is a secret room in the bonus section that has an object to find in each scene of the game. I did not like that there was no way to go back and find the missing pieces of the letter (edited to say that you can find the missing pieces when you replay the HOGs), neither was there a way to go back and find missing collectables. There were several achievements that required doing poorly in the game, such as skipping puzzles and HOPs.

This is a pretty good game as far as HOPs go, but not a 5 star HOP. As an MCF game, I would give it a grudging 3 stars.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Nov 7, 17 6:05 PM
Hi sazoria, I tried this and it didn't work (PC desktop W10 64bit) I hope it works for at least some people. Thank you for your suggestion.

sazoria wrote: Current fix for games that won't play in windows 10

There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

posted in Factory Katz: The Grand Banquet on Oct 12, 17 12:26 AM
Never mind. I didn't realize the map had the tabs on the side for different floors. It's in the garden shed in a box.

posted in Factory Katz: The Grand Banquet on Oct 12, 17 12:20 AM
I've looked everywhere to find something to cut the chain. The obvious place would be the tool room in the garage. I clicked on everything that looked like a bolt cutter or a saw and clicked on a bunch of stuff that could never cut a chain. Does anyone know what the cutting tool looks like and where it is. I click on the map and it is supposed to indicate which room to go to, but it just gives me the boiler room again. When I go back to the boiler room it tells me to look on the map. I'm guessing this is the final scene in the game, and I won't be able to finish until I find the right tool. What is it? A pair of razor sharp clown teeth? lol

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 6:57 PM
Thanks for the info skpjazz. Maybe you can post in this thread once you've found out how many levels there are. Happy treasure hunting!

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 3:54 AM
Is there a way to take a quick glance at all the levels you've finished. I'm new to this genre of M3 games. It took me awhile to realize that finishing all the boards doesn't automatically give you a gold badge. I think I may have forgotten a treasure chest or two and would like to go back and get those without having to start a new profile.

Thanks for your help.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 3:47 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 1, 16 11:08 PM
Thank you bfgBellerophon,

I had the double music issue in another game, too, so it's definitely not a Gummy Drop issue. I double checked my sound drivers and they were already up to date. I've found that to solve the problem, I exit the game and then exit the game manager. When I go back in, the problem clears up. I'm finding that closing the game manager after each game exit makes things run more smoothly and load more quickly. Maybe I have just been playing too many different games, lol.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 31, 16 1:14 PM
St. Petersburg. This city was working just fine until a few days ago. I got that error message that is a Notepad list of strings, starting with the the App Data Roaming for Gummy drop. I rebooted but that didn't solve the problem. I uninstalled the game and rebooted, problem solved. Starting yesterday evening, the St. Petersburg city music plays inside the levels and the Gummy Drop music plays at the same time. While annoying, it's liveable; but today, the St. Petersburg music plays in every city. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am playing on a PC with Windows 10 64-bit. All drivers are up to date.

Edited to say that the St. Petersburg music is only sporadically playing in places that it shouldn't. I'm guessing this happens if I leave the game open for too long when I am away from keyboard. Either that or the Halloweenies are playing tricks on me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator