Posts created by pgillenw

posted in Subject 13 on Aug 9, 17 2:51 PM
The book is giving me quite a challenge. I have found the two symbols needed to use on the safe like to open book to the first page, opens with 100 upside down.

I have rotated the book in all directions figuring the upside down 100 is a big clue.

There has to be a tool in that book else one will never get out of that room.

Any tips for me?

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 10:30 PM
I posted once already about the little evil Dwarf but I have another comment to make.

I just ran into the Dwarf minutes before the demo time was up. Have to say I was glad to see the snorting and grunting dwarf. He is a necessary evil.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 10:23 PM
Lilac13, You have my sympathy. I have a neurological condition and puzzles such as the lines are impossible. Just happy that the added feature, Custom, was there so I could hit Skip in seconds. I don't like having to Skip puzzles but necessary. Developers have a broad audience to satisfy but for the life of me I can't understand the enjoyment anyone of having to do one of these keep in the line puzzles -- but they keep including them.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 10:15 PM
OK I finally put the flames of all candles out. Can't share a sequence to snuff them. Being frustrated I just began to click the flames randomly and the clicks were fast backed by fury. Once the dang flames were out I grabbed the ring and headed for the Monestery building.

I am going to purchase the game.

Good luck to you if you too run into a frustration level.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 6:11 PM
I had already "touched the candle on the right" why because I had realized that a lit candle was required to burn the rope on the cross in order to get the object.

Frankly if touching the right candle means one can not be successful snuffing out the grouped candles then I would have to respond lack of judgement when the code for this was developed. What are the results a big fat bug in the code.

If the dependence does not exist in order to snuff the candles then please provide concise instructions for the snuff.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 1:08 PM
I look forward to The Dwarf appearing. Come on folks it ties this serious together, something to count on.

Evil little guy for sure -- but games would be sillier if evil was completely ignored.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 1:01 PM
I too am frustrated with "snuffing" out the candles. So frustrated in fact that I will not purchase the game until a solution is provided. Tried the left to right but not enough with the left to right theory to get the darn things "snuffed".

posted in Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition on Jan 14, 17 7:29 PM
I swear to you Fishes that I have focused on the Garden Scene (recall where you met the Gardner and patched his leg) until I am green in the face and I cannot see a morphing object. Can you help by pointing my tired eyes in a general direction? For some reason I will not be satisfied until I find the darn thing.

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 7, 16 10:11 PM
Finally after hours and just plain luck I managed to get the sensitive wavelength solved to start the darn machine.

Let me explain --- I have a neurological condition that affects my dexterity. The wavelength should really have been a puzzle this would have allowed a Skip.

Some of us neurological challenged people have a lot of difficulty with mouse actions where you need to point and get through worm like things without running into the lines. While I once took pride coloring -- not possible anymore.

Whack a mole is out of the question when the whacking requires speed.

Consider neurologically challenged folk and make such challenging tasks such as the ones I mentioned a puzzle with a Skip.

Thanks

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 7, 16 6:03 PM
I'm having a heck of a time overcoming the challenge of getting beyond the wavelength settings. There is no skip and hint not friendly.

From my point of view my wavelength looks good.

The message is First Start the Machine. What exactly does the game expect me to do to "start the machine" beyond wavelength tweaking and selecting the lever on the control panel.

A very frustrated gamer here.

posted in Facility 47 on May 19, 16 10:26 PM
I don't get this at all.

Successful with setting 15 - 20 and accessing the frozen room. Managed to obtain a sample stuff in a vial.

Discovered the other machine --- have tried many settings to get to the suggested -5 -3 range --- now what?

posted in Facility 47 on May 19, 16 4:19 PM
OK,

GET HOW TO COUNT
GET THE X-Y COORDINATE X MARKS THE SPOT ON THE GRID
GET THAT USING THE X MARKS THE SPOT NOTE THE COLOR
GO TO BLACKBOARD AKA GREEN BOARD

CLICK ON EACH COLUMN IN ROWS A THRU B AND ENTER THE X AND Y COORDINATE VALUES

CHECK ON THE COLOR WHERE X MARKS THE SPOT ON THE COLOR CHART

RETURN TO BLACK BOARD AKA GREEN BOARD AND FOR EACH A - B CLICK IN IN EACH ROW/COLUMN AND SELECT THE X MARKS THE COLOR VALUE

ON THE BLACK BOARD AKA GREEN BOARD, ADD THE NUMBER OF CELLS FOR EACH ROW A-E. E.G. A= 4 + 2 = 6, FILL IN THE TOTAL FOR EACH A - E SAMPLES UNDER THE COLUMN LABELED CELLS

GO TO THE MACHINE THAT PUNCHES ON A PUNCH CARD AND SELECT BUTTONS ACCORDING TO THE COLOR VALUES ENTERED UNDER THE COLOUR COLUMN ON BLACKBOARD, AKA GREEN, E.G. Y,B,P,Y,R

SELECT RUN.

posted in Frankenstein: Master of Death on Jan 26, 15 7:28 PM
I like scary type plays -- this was not scary -- provided a laugh or two. Story not complex -- nor was the game difficult. Despite the warning that choosing hard mode promised better that turned out to be a spin. Not sure why the map, not useful.

The game was way to short in play. However since the game was short in both substance and complexity this could be viewed as a gift.

Now usually I am forgiving -- but I seem these days to feel as though my hard earned money is spent on games that are not living up to expectations. I suppose one could say "well don't purchase". Valid sure but I do love a good HOG and here BF you have been short on delivering.

I may be slightly hooked on HOG's but I am about ready to kick the addiction.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 5:11 PM
Agree with other seems like a good game. Tech issues get in the way.

The SG can not be opened.
The first puzzle can not play. Stars are not selectable.
The lady on the bed has no voice over, kinda weird.

Perhaps its a build issue. BF you might try the game before posting for release. May be optimal to install on a computer where the game was never developed on or built on.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 15 8:44 PM
Nice story with loads to do.

posted in Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 15 10:14 PM
I truly enjoyed the game and found the map useful. Not true for many games. The developers coding performed flawlessly in this regard.

I assume a sequel is close since the bonus chapter left me wondering.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 15 6:16 PM
I had been patiently waiting for a new release. Was excited to see the Midnight Mysteries game. The main chapters did not disappoint even tho I had to overcome technical programing issues. I was let down I must admit with the bonus chapter.

All in all it was worth the play. I look forward for another game soon.

Let me say that I am getting tired of weird fantasy type games.

posted in Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition on Dec 12, 14 12:09 PM
This game was for me disappointing. I really dislike having to say that it was a disappointment because I do realize the effort it requires to produce a game.

I think we members deserve more of the kind of games such as the recent Dire Grove sequel. Give us substance -- some games with meat to chew on -- I long for a journal that reads like a book. I know you can do better than this game.

Please figure out how to increase your load and save data time. I had to muster all the patience within me to stick with the game. Looking over some of the issues reported here you have some belt tightening to do on the programming level.

I am a 'sucker' for vampire game themes. Overall I truly enjoyed the game and look forward to the sequel.

I'm thinking that we will see a sequel soon.

I'm a 'sucker' for vampire themes.

The game takes awhile to load and when reaching new areas and as well saving game data. This I attribute to programming and I am sure by the time a sequel is introduced the developers will figure it all out.

To game players just nab some patients and stick with the tasks at hand I honestly think its worth it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator