Posts created by ginricky49

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive on Mar 8, 18 11:15 AM
As a followup to my previous post on 3/5, it seems the issue has resolved itself. The day after I posted my issue with the cursor, I opened the game up again and the cursor was perfectly fine, I was able to click on the whale, and I continued on to finish the game. Go figure.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive on Mar 5, 18 4:55 PM
Okay, had an issue with the game crashing so I created a new profile. This worked and I was able to get past the part that crashed. Now I'm in the final chapter and I'm trying to access the whale in the HOG. The cursor changes to a simple white arrow and won't let me click on the whale. When I do, it minimizes the screen and pauses the game. I could not exit the game from the main menu because once again the cursor changed and would not recognize the exit command. I had to hit control, alt and delete to get to the Task Manager and then end the game from there. Any suggestions on how to get the cursor back to the game cursor? I'm about to give up on this game.

I'm using Windows 10 and haven't had any issues with any of the other recent games I've downloaded.

I am well into the game and am about to enter the castle. I've just changed the time back on the clock in the chapel. I clicked on the statue in the middle of the room, the one with the "odd" symbol and now I cannot exit out of that area. Everything else works fine -0 the Hint button, the menu bar, etc. but the X to exit that cut screen isn't functioning, like it's frozen. Clickling outside of the screen doesn't return me to the room or close the window either. I'm basically stuck and can't go any where but to exit the game completely. Any suggestions?

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 16 8:44 AM
I was having the same problem as the rest of you. Nothing worked. So I just clicked on all 6 parts in a random order until the brain finally opened. There were 2 different sounds the lobes made when clicked on. I kind of keyed in on the sounds to help me. I do believe the combination is random, also. Very frustrating!

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 16 9:46 AM
I used Sazoria's suggestion to change the difficulty mode to "Easy" and had no more problems getting the program to continue in the Souvenir Room. I had the same issue with the ;previous Haunted Hotel game - must be a programming error. I'll go back and try this method to complete that game's Souvenir Room. Thanks, Sazoria, for the tip!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 13 12:24 PM
I still must be doing something wrong. I tried what you suggested but nothing happened with the magnet. When I went back into my inventory, I still had the same number of magnets as before I tried to use one. And when I completed the location, none of the task items were collected. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help so far

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 13 10:40 AM
I still must be doing something wrong. I tried what you suggested but nothing happened with the magnet. When I went back into my inventory, I still had the same number of magnets as before I tried to use one. And when I completed the location, none of the task items were collected. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help so far

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 13 10:39 AM
I still must be doing something wrong. I tried what you suggested but nothing happened with the magnet. When I went back into my inventory, I still had the same number of magnets as before I tried to use one. And when I completed the location, none of the task items were collected. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help so far.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 31, 13 10:22 AM
kandikc wrote:ginricky, the magnets can be used when you are searching for items in a a location. If you click on the magnet icon when you first go in to explore a site, it will automatically collect all the items showing on the list.
As you visit a site more frequently other items will show up after the 1st set of items have been found, and you will need to find those ones, or use another magnet. I hope this helps.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 30, 13 5:35 PM
In the Tools category of the Inventory, there are magnets that supposedly allow you to get an object that you need for a task. I'm at level 23 and have earned 16 magnets. The only problem is that when I click on the magnet icon, it doesn't activate the magnet. I'm wondering if you have to be at a certain level before you can use the magnet? Or am I supposed to activate the magnet some way that I'm not aware of? This would be a great solution for getting the items for tasks that you can't get as more items are added to each location.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 29, 13 10:36 AM
Thank you for all of the information that you have posted so far about this game. This is my first foray into this type of game. I am wondering if you can explain how to use the magnets that are in my inventory. I have 15 magnets but when I click on one to use it, nothing happens. Do I have to get to a certain level before I can use them or am I not doing something that needs to be done besides just clicking on it? Any help you can provide re. this is appreciated.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Dec 20, 12 10:35 AM
If it is the queen of spades, you will get it from the Duchess after you trick her with the mirror.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Dec 20, 12 10:31 AM
How far have you gotten? I am almost finished with the game. When I've gotten stuck, I just go to the walk through on the Forums page. Good luck!

susielee wrote:I would love to purchase the game, but, it's soooo SLOW. It's like everything is in slow motion. That takes all the enjoyment out of it. Don't usually have this problem.

I have the same issue with my computer and ERS games. I have tried updating my video card drivers and graphics software but it never seems to make a difference. I love the games but am very frustrated by how slow everything moves. When I downloaded the free trial, I only got as far as the bridge to town! What should have taken 10 minutes tops took the whole 60 minutes! Don't know what else I can do.

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Jun 7, 11 5:31 PM
rtrooney wrote:Runes:

Book in library
Owl in library
Next to notice at base of elevator
Upper left at cannon door

Thanks! This was extremely helpful.

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Jun 7, 11 5:30 PM
Make sure that you entered the symbols in the correct order. The order is found in the book on the desk down in the library. Once you've done that, you should be able to get the rune from the owl.

posted in Wild West Quest 2 on Apr 23, 11 4:12 PM
There are 55 "chapters" in this game. I did have trouble with the hints not working, had to restart a level a couple of times, and was asked to find items that were not on the screen. But overall, it was a fun game to play. My husband worked through 40+ chapters in one sitting. I hope they get the issue with the hints straightened out. This is the 2nd game (Wild West Quest being the 1st) to have problems with hints, which will definitely effect my decision to purchase Wild West Quest 3 when it comes out.

posted in Wild West Quest 2 on Apr 23, 11 3:44 PM
Well, I followed another gamers advice and restarted the level until the scissors were not on the inventory list. I had to restart the level from the menu option about 3 times but I finally got an inventory without the scissors.

posted in Wild West Quest 2 on Apr 23, 11 9:09 AM
I am having the same problem. I just need to find the scissors before I can move on to the next level. I hear the hint button activate but there are no sparkles and no scissors highlighted. Did you ever get beyond this point and how?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator