Posts created by Lyndy20

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 11, 18 6:18 PM
It sounds like you're on the last screen which contains two locations.

The arrows let you scroll to different locations, not levels. If you can no longer scroll right, then use the left arrow to go back to other locations.

Each location has multiple game modes comprising Hidden Object and mini-games. The icons clipped on the locations will give you an idea what game mode you'll be playing next on that location. If they contain letters, a half-moon or butterfly icons you'll be playing Hidden Object modes. Other icons represent mini-games. You'll need to play the mode shown to get to other modes.

Hope that helps.

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 9, 18 8:24 PM
Just carry on playing the location where you missed the shield.

posted in HexáMon on Dec 26, 17 11:06 AM
This is certainly one difficult level to beat. I've been on it for ages!

I got a 7 once, but most of the time it's 3 or 4. I've also tried various strategies, but I agree that it's really going to come down to luck.

Just as well it's an addictive game otherwise I'd be well frustrated by now!

posted in HexáMon on Nov 15, 17 7:29 PM
Hi Larissa_Jane

Each level has goals to complete. Some might be a certain amount of points, some might be a certain level of monster, etc. You carry on playing until you've achieved the goal(s) or you can no longer make a move.

The number of eyes of the monsters tell you what level they are. Match 4 of a kind and the monster upgrades to the next level. You can make matches of 5 or more; they won't affect the upgrade but will give you higher scores. Some strategic planning is necessary, depending on the board and if the goal is a high level monster, because the board can fill up pretty fast!

posted in Factory Katz: The Grand Banquet on Oct 12, 17 3:44 PM
This game is great fun. I like the "old school" approach and am thoroughly enjoying the mix of HOGs and mini games. I'm having a good laugh, too, thanks to Oskar, the cat.

This is the biggest thumbs up I've given a game in a long while!

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 27, 17 11:42 AM
Hi SynthpopAddict

Another great batch of tips from you!

I've revised my opinion of MatchVentures being less content heavy than Silver Tale. I'm realising, as the game progresses, that no it isn't! Loving it all the same.

Trophies: That 8 matches in 5 seconds is going to be a toughie for me. I'm too slow to do that the normal way. How I think I might be able to do it is by lining up doubles, so 4 moves instead of 8. But that will be a work in progress, alongside the match 7's, lol. A busy work period means I'm going to have to put aside the fun and games for the next few days.

Regarding bombs: you can buy additional bombs. Click on the plus sign next to your stash and you can buy another bomb for 50 gold.

Enjoy the rest of the game.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 7:16 AM
Thanks, Skpjazz, I'll keep your advice in mind!

No, you're not going senile. My cute craggy marauder (thanks, ekstra - I'd forgotten the name!) appeared in both previous games, so I wondered if he'd turn up here as well. After all, what better place for a bandit to hide out than in a dilapidated castle?

I've had a few battles and am enjoying them. It remains to be seen how tough they get as the levels progress, though!

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 6:44 AM
Hi Davy

Yes, you need to make match 4 and match 5 for big strikes. Match 5 (the bomb) will give you an extra move.

Keep building up your sequence as this gives you additional hits. If you've not used sequencing yet, they're the icons alongside your character's life panel and you make the sequence from the bottom up.

Also, keep an eye on your opponent's sequence. The higher up that's highlighted, the closer your opponent is to a strike against you. You may want to delay that by matching your opponent's icons.

Don't waste moves. If you can't make a 4, 5 or sequence match, then "steal" from your opponent's sequence, if possible.

Hope this helps.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 25, 17 5:59 PM
I'm loving what I've played so far. Not as busy as Silver Tale but plenty of familiarity. The limited moves are very generous so far. Entertaining dialogue as well, with that cheeky leprechaun. I'm a huge fan of battle M3s, and can hardly wait to get to a battle stage.

Skpjazz, as you've played this game already, please tell me - did you happen to find a certain cute fellow with long black hair lurking in the castle? He was that loveable bandit in Runefall and reappeared in Silver Tale. I've got a soft spot for him - how sad am I?!!

posted in Owl Rescue on Aug 12, 17 7:43 PM
Brilliant! Thanks, skpjazz, that makes perfect sense and wonderfully explained!

And I got to level 30. It gave me 60 coins each time, lol. Click on Play, get 30 coins, exit the level and get another 30 coins!

Wouldn't it be great if we could enter and exit all the rooms in our homes and get showered with coins!

posted in Owl Rescue on Aug 12, 17 4:57 PM
Brilliant, thanks! That money making tip is going to come in useful!

I do think I need to experiment a bit more, as I was getting confused last night. Or maybe that was because, like SynthpopAddict, it was early hours, 4am, lol!!

It's the star egg I'm confused about. When I make a 5 match sometimes get a star and sometimes a coloured egg. Are they random? My favourite levels are fast becoming those where the objectives are to create the eggs, create and combine, so I need to make stars, although not as many as first appears.

For example, if the objective is to create x amount of stripes, x amount of stars and x amount of combos, then the combos also reduce the solo stripes and stars.

It's huge fun, but I wish I knew that I was getting a star when I wanted one!

posted in Owl Rescue on Aug 11, 17 11:53 AM
Hi skpjazz

It was luck more than anything else! For example, I didn't realise powerups could be combined until the mouse accidentally slipped. I wanted to go up but went sideways instead into another egg and stuff happened! I did like experimenting with some free moves, which got me all excited thinking of Button Tales!! I keep the free moves in reserve now in case I have a problem with objectives - creating bombs for example. I've gone back and read yours and SynthpopAddicts posts on PR and your review here; great stuff so I'm well armed with knowledge!

I've bought OR now and it's making me giggle. Not only are there rotating boards, splitting boards, column movement, but now the rows are sliding back and forth and I'm only at level 20. Huge fun!

posted in Owl Rescue on Aug 11, 17 11:28 AM
Hi SynthpopAddict

You should be able to scroll the map by holding the left mouse button down and dragging. Sometimes you do have to go back for a HO.

I demoed PR last night. OR is certainly more challenging right from the early levels than PR was. I'm only on level 20 with OR and am looking forward to seeing what else is in store. The mechanics offer something a bit different, and that doesn't always sit well with players who struggle very early in the game. We saw that with Button Tales, initially! I figured things out in OR with a bit of luck and experimentation, but I do think the devs should have included a tutorial for new players.

PS. Good luck with the studies and job search

posted in Owl Rescue on Aug 9, 17 5:37 PM
Hi SynthpopAddict and skpjazz

Good to see you two again!

Owl Rescue is quite fun. I like the mechanics where some sections of the board rotates, some boards split up and merge and split up again, columns rise up and down and then you're trying to meet all the objectives within the limited moves.

I've not played PR or PS, so this is fresh for me. Might have to look at those others, but not yet. Phew, I'm exhausted after the OR demo, too tired, even, to demo C&F3 or continue with 5 Star Rio, lol!

I know I'll buy this game. Those owls are just too cute, particularly the angelic blue one!

posted in Quest of the Dragon Soul on Jul 27, 17 7:30 AM
I love battle M3s and I intend to buy this game as soon as time allows me to play. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. Nice graphics, cute pet and, of course, the battles. There is always an element of strategy with battle M3s, looking at what you need to fill up your mana bars, what you need to level up and also how you can slow your opponent down. That's the appeal for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game progresses.

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 1 on Jun 29, 17 8:24 PM
I loved the first game; I love this one even more. Still amusing, tongue-in-cheek, but with extras that give you a break from the cards.

I particularly liked the Match 3 mechanics. Hope to see more of that in Chapter 2, or a zombie Match 3 game!

Thanks for the fun.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Jun 29, 17 5:51 PM
I rather like this game, in large due to its similarity to the clutter games. But it also stands out in its own right for graphics and nice mini-games. When the demo ran out for me I was enjoying a nice puzzle with odd-shaped pieces. (If the devs are reading this, it would be nice to be able to move the jigsaw pieces away from the playing area. Piling up pieces on top of the puzzle spoils seeing the picture develop).

[Removed by Moderator] In view of that, although this is the type of game that I would normally buy, I think I'll wait and see if any updates come out.

posted in Lost Island: Mahjong Adventure on Jan 11, 17 10:01 AM
Yes, it is the same game as Lost Island Eternal Storm, plays exactly the same, but with Mahjong instead of hidden objects.

Personally, I love Mahjong so I've got both versions of the game!

posted in Legendary Slide on Dec 12, 16 5:31 PM
Hi subcaptain

There are different tile sets available in the game. If you look bottom right on your level, next to "Menu" is a customisation button. From there you can scroll through the different tile sets and your tiles will change so you can see what they look like. This way you can find the tile sets that matches other players' descriptions.

Sorry I can't help with level 70 as I'm not there yet. If you are following someone else's advice for this level, then swap your tile set to match or describe your set as best you can when seeking help.

Good luck.

posted in Legendary Slide on Nov 30, 16 12:42 PM
Life keeps getting in the way, so I'm only on level 40 at the moment! It'll probably take me another month to finish, lol!

Middlered, technically this game is Slide 2. Slide was first introduced in the devs' previous game, Legendary Mahjong. In that game Slide also had three stages, so the same amount of levels as this game. I've checked back over "Slide 1" and am quite sure that the levels are different. So if you ever fancy more, do check the first game out!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator