Posts created by PotionLover

Have to chime in with the mostly high praise for this game! I can't find a single thing to complain about here. Some reviewers have complained that the game makes it too easy for players, offering obvious and multiple hints...well, all I can say is, these adventure-type games are usually too hard for me, so I appreciate all the hand-holding

Pros:

-- flawless graphics and music,and scenery so beautiful that you want to linger in each location and the music and sounds enhance rather than distract from the experience

-- three levels to choose from (I am playing "casual," and while some may find this totally without challenge, I enjoy being able to move through the game and story without frustration)

-- a captivating, slightly sinister story and enjoyable animal guides

-- cute mini-games that you can skip if you like (someone else mentioned the three blind mice, that was a fave of mine too!) and a "hint" button that really does offer helpful hint (that's not the case for similar games)

Cons:

-- haven't come across one yet...others have said they found the end disappointing, I'll have to wait to see when it ends

Overall, I LOVE this game, it's a top ten for me, and will look out for other Blue Tea games in future!

posted in Shop-n-Spree: Shopping Paradise on Jan 30, 13 8:27 PM
Overall it's OK. I bought it thinking it would be similar to Supermarket Mania, which I love, but the gameplay is quite different. It's static, with no real movement, with lots of looking for objects (almost at the level of a HOG), and lots and LOTS of clicking, which gets very old very quickly.

I don't like the way you see no movement, the customers just stand there and you just click on the objects you want. There's no sense of interactive action such as you get with much-loved TM games like Cooking Dash, Mystic Emporium, or any of the road-building games (Island Tribe, Roads of Rome, etc). You don't feel transported into another setting the way you do with those games, or at least I didn't. There's none of the goofy fun of Supermarket Mania or Sally's Salon or any of a number of the really good TM games that are lively and engaging.

On the plus side, it's easy to learn, with a lot of bonuses and upgrades that you can earn quickly, you have the option to skip or play the mini-games, and the graphics are nice. But after playing a couple of levels I'm already bored and planning not to go any further.

posted in Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers on Sep 5, 12 10:43 PM
I would love one too! Although it's hard to imagine what they would add, lol...if they could just make more TM games that are this beautiful, this clean, this well put together, with the same easygoing pace, I would be happy! I adore this game, it's one I play over and over without getting bored.

posted in Spring Bonus on May 27, 12 10:24 PM
OK this game is redonkulously cute!! I just love it!! The graphics are wonderful, bright and springlike and cheerful and just irresistible.

As far as gameplay, don't let the cuteness fool you -- I am playing it in timed mode and as you progress, the levels can definitely get challenging. I'm no expert at Match3 by any means, so those with advanced skills might not like this -- all the same, the difficulty came pretty early in. At the same time, you can play relaxed mode if you just want to enjoy the game without time pressure, or if kids are playing.

Didn't mind the tips and reminders at all, I didn't find them intrusive. This game is so much fun I could barely stop playing it and am so glad I bought it! Will definitely come back to it again once I'm finished.

posted in Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow on Apr 12, 12 10:02 AM
A beautiful game -- the graphics are clear and stunning, the characters and settings are charming, and lovingly detailed. I like the story, too. This is my first "match" purchase (I usually buy TMs) and I am very pleasantly surprised!

This is one of my favorite games to tune out to--perfect when I need a break from studying (or life, lol). It's not a high-pressure TM game--there is no timer so no pressure to race the clock, but you do get a bonus if you finish faster. The interspersed HOG and "card match" mini-games are pretty easy, too.

Highly recommended if you're a fan of witch/ demon/ mystical being stories that are a just a tad suspenseful but not super-horrifying; if you appreciate beautiful graphics; if you want something that's a pleasant, pretty, low-pressure diversion. Those looking for a tough TM-type challenge or a true "horror" story will probably be bored.

posted in Island Tribe on Apr 2, 12 8:51 PM
Like this game a lot -- tried it after it was recommended to those who enjoyed My Kingdom for the Princess, which is one of my all-time faves. This is very similar, with equally challenging resource collection, terrific scenery and graphics, and similar gameplay. There are some interesting ways it differs from MKftP, but the same basic idea is there: that you actually have to plan, and strategize, and use your resources wisely, not just click click click (I frankly hate those click click click games, a reason I gave up on the later versions of Diner Dash. A little brain engagement is a good thing.)

The game has a very "real" feel to it; you actually talk with an interact with the other characters, unlike MKftP, where you just move them around -- it actually makes you feel that you are part of the little island village, and I found myself getting weirdly attached to the other characters, the farm animals, and the rest because it is just that vivid. I also found the "fog-clearing" aspect a novel and interesting twist. An excellent game for nights when I feel like getting my brain revved up a little.

posted in Wedding Dash 2: Rings Around the World on Apr 2, 12 8:33 PM
I've been hopelessly stuck here too! I don't even try to get expert levels on anything, I just want to be done and gone...but am totally stuck here...will try these tips, thank you so much!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Aug 25, 11 11:54 AM
THANK YOU fishies for all the help!! Especially Mantina (sp?) -- you have to know, I don't even attempt to get expert on TM games unless it's the second or third time I've played it, just finishing is fine with me. Well I was really stuck on this level so I figured I'd try the hints offered here and YEEHAW! I not only finished but got gold!

Here's what I did, as well as I can recall from my blur of activity:

-- Immediately built and upgraded the sawmill, then picked up the wood piles at top; while it was building I cut down felled trees and picked up food

-- Built the farm, didn't upgrade but concentrated on getting one worker down to second farm that could be renovated without costing wood

-- Upgraded to barracks ASAP so that I could send one worker to the pirates up top; I found from playing earlier that leaving them until the end left two workers with nothing to do and a panic rush to gather gold, I know other players said it worked for them to leave these guys to the end but for me this worked better -- I was able to take some out while other workers were working on roads and grabbing resources

-- Right after upgrading to barracks upgraded to cottage (3 workers). I found it's key to keep them moving quickly; think ahead to the next job and as soon as the dude hits the door, send him somewhere. As another poster noted, NEVER have anyone idle, there is too muich to do.

-- As soon as the pirate and potholes are cleared out of the road at right, where all the gold chests are, hit the "RESOURCE BONUS" and send all three workers out to grab up the gold chests; this was a key one even though I had to sacrifice other bonuses to use this one. A big help.

-- Bonuses I used: Until I could clear the right-hand road with all the gold, I ONLY used the "FAST BOOTS" button every time it popped up. THis was especially useful once I started zapping the pirates in the upper right. Aside from this, the only other was the "RESOURCE BONUS" whenever three or more gold chests appeared. Sometimes this meant a long, slow wait but it paid off in the end. As long as you keep hitting the speed bonus whenever else you can, it works out fine.

Hope this is helpful!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Aug 19, 11 5:34 AM
Really love this game!! It's an unusual type of TM (at least for me) since it involves a great deal of strategic thinking and planning -- makes it tough buit I really like that. It feels as if your brain is truly engaged in the game, not just your mouse-clicking finger. I like having to think carefully about which resources to spend on what, when to use them, which direction to start working in, and so on.

The gameplay is fast and challenging, and while I am not fond of the mini-games they're not too annoying and if you fail to finish one it has no effect on the game -- just hit "no" when it asks if you want to replay and go on to the next level. I liked that! And at least they're not HOG mini-games.

I do wish this game had a "relaxed" mode, that's my only complaint in fact. It would really be fun to be able to take your time in some of these settings and finish the level without the constant time pressure. It's the only real flaw in the game.

Visually and graphically, it's lovely, with constantly changing settings, cozy, old-style buildings and even some cute snakes, ghosts, and specters. (A side issue that annoys me in this game and a few others is that bats are "evil" in this game - come on folks, bats are harmless and endangered and it's time to stop perpetrating the ignorance).

posted in Wedding Salon on Apr 18, 11 10:54 AM
Overall I like this game a lot -- the graphics are beautiful and the constantly changing settlings are nicely done. It's very pretty and feminine and the level of challenge is enough to be interesting without becoming overly frustrating. I like the different characters and I love decorating the wedding salon. But I agree with other posters that the mini-games are too frequent and too irritating. I am not a huge fan of mini-games in my TM games anyway -- I HATE the ones in the new Cooking Dash, for instance -- and these are really annoying, especially the "photo taking" one. Ugh.

posted in Cooking Dash 3: Thrills and Spills on Apr 13, 11 3:57 PM
I'm having HUGE problems using my mouse in this game!! Never had this issue before, and I have all the Cooking Dash games. The mouse works fine for everything EXCEPT picking up customers -- it simply won't pick them up, and I can't move them to the seat I choose because the mouse "unclicks" before I am ready and drops them randomly. This is making the game impossible to play. Some levels are OK but others are completely unworkable. Anyone else having this problem? It is enormously frustrating.

posted in Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers on Apr 13, 11 3:20 PM
This is a truly beautiful game that you can (and will want) to take your time over, and relax in much as you would your own garden. I am an avid gardener and this game truly reflects what gardening is like (not that I have such a productive, pretty, or organized garden, I wish!). The graphics are stunning and there are so many things to love:

* No timer, even if you fail to fill an order or care for a plant in time, it's no biggie -- you just make money more slowly, and you can always re-plant another seed.

* The variety of tasks you can do and products you can make keep it constantly interesting; I personally love making the jam cakes and perfumes, and selling the honey and gingerbread...and again, you can take your time and really enjoy this part

* The story is sweet, the settings are amazing, the music and graphics are great...The free gardening option offers hours and hours of extra playtime

Some tips:

* I found it enormously helpful to have two of certain items: the jam boilers, the ovens, and the beehives. Once orders start coming in it's super easy to keep up if you have jam constantly ready...also make sure to keep putting grapes in the food dryer when they ripen. I found the juice maker and flower wrapper didn't get much use so only one of them was necessary.

* Take your time and do not stress out. I play some fast-paced, crazy TM games like Cooking Dash but Fiona is a relaxing change of pace -- it's not meant to be played like those others.

* Start by selling your flowers as quickly as you can, then, once you have some money buy the basic care items: pesticide, sprinklers, plant food, and watering can. The first additional product you should buy is a beehive, and start selling honey. Then buy a flower wrapper and wrap some pruned flowers -- these will sell for more money and let you rack up bucks to buy your next items which should be :apricot tree, blackberry bush, jam boilers, ovens.

* You can try cross breeding on your own, or simply wait to get the recipes when you fill certain orders. It's fun to try but don't get frustrated, eventually you will get all the recipes.

Relax and enjoy it!

posted in Top Chef on Jul 23, 10 8:41 PM
I'm stuck on the same level, just cannot get past it. I don't know why as I'm sure that I'm putting in all the right ingredients but keep getting two stars. And yeah, there are not enough ingredients; like when it says for meat "Italian and German" that would be veal, but then you get another one asking for "Italian meat, white" which is also veal! And there is only one German "spicy" that I can see, mustard. It's too frustrating. I gave up.

posted in Potion Bar on Jul 23, 10 8:33 PM
It's true, he is like Salem!

I posted my review in the other comments thread, so I'll just say that this is one of the most beautiful and most enjoyable TM games I've ever played. Not so hard that it's stressful or crazy=making, but challenging enough to be fun. I loved every minute of it. Not finished yet, but I know that I will find it too short, there are too few levels!

The characters are interesting, the potions and additives are beautiful, and I love the salesman who sells you the various powerups. A great game!!

Are there similar games with an enchanted theme, like this? I like the fact that this isn't overly difficult (other TM players may disagree), it makes it a lovely game to wind down and mellow out with.

I

posted in Potion Bar on Jul 23, 10 8:23 PM
I am crazy about this game!! I love all TM games but this is one of the most charming, fun, different ones I've ever seen. Maybe because I'm a bartender in real life I can relate more... I don't know, but I just love it.

On the plus side:

Not overly difficult (some TM games just get too tough for me and I completely lose interest after failing to pass a level on the tenth try--hey, I have a life), but certainly challenging enough.

The settings are all beautiful, as are the various potions you cook up with all the colors, ingredients, and decorations. The cat guide is helpful.

The salesman who comes in and sells powerups, great stuff, all of them seem intriguing and you can only buy one at each visit so if you replay, you can change that part up and get different results.

The characters you serve are all really cool, good voices and dialogue.

The in-between games (a very easy "hidden object" and a beautiful door puzzle) are fun and easy.

The storyline is interesting but hard to follow..But you can ignore it and still enjoy the game.

On the downside:

Too short! Could use about five more levels because you go through this game quick! You feel a little cheated when it's over.

Characters could use a little more variety in their dialogue.

All in all, a great game. If you like magical stories and settings, some humor, and the chance to play an unusual TM game, this will be a treat.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator