Posts created by Micha1234

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 18 9:43 AM
cathybobcat wrote:I would not consider this to be a player friendly game, but one that is more for advanced players. It was very slow moving and boring with very foggy graphics, making it difficult to see. If I wasn't using the hint, I was skipping the over abundance of puzzles. There was not an easy flow to this. It was tedious to finish the demo.

Gameplay was not even interesting, but often times appeared to be very disjointed and confusing as to what you are supposed to do. It was complicated.

There is much going back and forth performing senseless tasks. So you bring the dead body back to life temporarily to get some answers as to what happened to her...how convenient...then you ask her questions by clicking the conversations...all the while saying how bad you feel to do this to her, but you just have to find out. Then when she is allowed to return to her rest, you find a horseshoe in her hand that you have to collect....guess it didn't bring her any good luck, did it?

There were a few mini games that should have had a skip...pushing piano keys by watching the guy's eyes?....come on. You have to look through 3 peep holes in 3 different doors by adjusting a lens to find something interesting? Also matching dates on wine bottles. Whether you like doing it or not you have to. There are no instructions for these that I found. You're on your own. One of the worst was spraying the scent to find the correct doorway....seemed like maybe a glitch because I had a hard time getting it to work....it was time consuming and I looked at the guide, which was useless....as the hint was at times, also.

And yes, I wish there had been a skip for the hos....particularly the last, which was so dark and items obscured that I had to use the hint to find the music notes. I'm noticing more and more the dim lighting in hos, making it difficult to find items. There is no alternative to play that I saw. As usual, the puzzles outnumber the hos...of course.

The best part of this demo for me was the passed out guy at the bar~

Ditto!!!! I got as far as that peephole nonsense and I was out.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 18 8:34 AM
jennsmom wrote:I did NOT play the demo long enough to find out how "puzzle" heavy this game was, and not even puzzles that add to the story, just there to stretch out game play. I'm so disappointed with too many puzzles, flashing tool bag, and illogical solutions to problems, that I am stopping where I am (at the "zoo") and will put this in the trash and chalk it up to a poor decision on my part.

I didn't even make it that far. Utterly illogical, useless minigame instructions....... that stupid tool kit......

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 18 11:22 AM
have you checked the SG?

pennmom36 wrote:@DesertHermit

I hear ya, I have issues with ALL Amax Interactive games, and never any of the other devs games. It is frustrating because like you said, it's obvious that it is an issue on the devs side, otherwise other games by other devs would be affected

Ditto!!!

posted in Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition on Jan 28, 18 8:06 AM
Scull puzzle on the book......could not get that to work at all. Nothing happened. Had to skip.

For me it started out as a nice game but it became rather tedious and illogical as I progressed.

The graphics in this game are really beautiful, don't think there's much music (don't remember hearing any) and, as usual, can't tell you anything about VO since I always turn those off.

Like SquirrelGirrrl mentioned before, the logic is rather limpy I.e. that torch, later on I do have a knife but it won't cut open the purse, I have to find a dagger or some such for that, I have wire to pull something out of a hole but that can't be used either, and it goes on like that.

I found the instructions for the minigames sometimes rather confusing, the mechanics in those tedious, and some of the solutions in the SG did not match up with mine. So consequently I skipped pretty much all of those.

I do like that they have those icons on the inventory bar that tell you if there are collectibles in the scene.

I think I would have been better off playing the whole demo through and then deciding if it's a buy instead of being compulsive and hitting that button half way through. Lesson learned.

ciscaR8 wrote:no problems dl the game. But when i put the shears together with the screw game freezes and i cant get out of the game. i regret i came back to gameclub it worked 2 games and the 3rd game it is not working again
Cisca

Cisca, chances are quite good that it is actually this particular developer and not BF. I always avoid their games like the plague because they always crash my computer. If you check some of their games the technical threads are most of the time quite long, always with the same problems, and a fix is not in sight.

I have played the whole game now, this one was pretty long for me; maybe I'm just a bit worn out......

Music and graphics are nice, as usual can't tell you anything about voice overs since I always turn those off.

This game had a lot of mini games, some I really don't like so I skipped those, I found some of the instructions rather confusing and also had some I couldn't get to work at all (like the one with the birds or the one painting the doll), don't know if it was just me or if those mini games were just technically a bit wonky. I couldn't get the one with the lenses in the second chapter to work at all, my mouse could not turn the knobs.

The hint button was sometimes completely useless to me (again i. e. that darned doll painting), for me that needs a fix.

I had an issue with the map, in the second chapter when I got to the scene with the gnome the map only took me to that point and never into the little house. Why??
Also, supposedly the map shows all morphing objects, collectibles, and wedding guests. I always made sure that I had nothing left showing on the map so according to the map I should have had all morphs. However, once I checked the achievements I was missing 4 morphs...... HUH????
I also had a HOG scene I couldn't get out of after I finished it so had to shut the game down. Worked fine after that.

So I think I'll give this 3.5 stars.

Brendansoma1 wrote:I don't know what this game is called, but it's in the bonusgame and you have to line up 2 dancers. I finally got them and then there's a landscape!! Has anyone gotten that? And if so, what is the best strategy?

For me.....the skip button.....

Brendansoma1 wrote:I skip this too. I try to practice after finishing the game, but the witch seems to get more tiles than you do. What is the strategy?

I would like to know that, too.......

judy76073 wrote:tried it, did not work - at 6 AM central N. Amer. time
will wait to purchase and hopefully there will be a good sale on CE's this weekend.

Same here.

posted in The Legacy: Prisoner Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 17 10:05 AM
It's a nice game but a bit on the short side.

posted in The Legacy: Prisoner Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 17 10:03 AM
That's an achievement I actually got.....just please don't ask me how. I just did the puzzle starting with the green chips. I'm pretty sure I had more than 20 moves when I was done......

Excitement this morning......MCF!!!!!!!

But after playing through the demo rather disappointed. I didn't see anything new worth spending money on this. It is so horribly linear and really not much to do, not like the older ones where you ended up wandering around looking for your next task.

I felt the HOP scenes were rather cluttered and the minigames nothing special.

Can't tell you anything about the voice overs since I always turn those off.

I also don't feel like this has anything to do anymore with MCF at all.

I'm off to dig out one of the older ones and enjoy that.

This game reminded me a lot of the Cadenza games, too. I own most of the Myths games but will not be adding this one. The defs put so much effort into the graphics but for me that's where it ends. It is way too linear and there is simply not much to do.

posted in Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition on Nov 9, 17 7:39 AM
scpotamus wrote:I could not get it to play on Custom. Just started over. I finally put it on Advanced and it worked.

Mine wouldn't play in custom mode either. Casual works for me. Win 7 64-bit.

P.S. once I was in the game I was able to change it to custom.

posted in Hidden Fears on Nov 8, 17 8:39 AM
Wow.....just wow....how bad can a game be?????

Takes forever to open, overloaded with cut scenes, tutorial is limpy and incomplete at best, HOPs are tiny items, mini game instructions were awful; I had lots of issues to pick up items I needed, the game mechanics need an overhaul. And to top it off that nonsense with those ghosts and the flashlight. And why is the map only usable part of the time???

There's also really not much to do . The ratio of cut scenes and game play should be the other way round.

I don't have a sensitivity to flashing lights but this game has so much of this even I felt uncomfortable.

I do like games that make you think and are non-linear but this one has nothing that appeals to me at all. Maybe if it would at at least work properly but such as it is? Pass.

I played the whole demo and didn't even get 30 minutes out of this.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 6:35 AM
nanafraser wrote:Another stinker from Epix! I don't understand there technical style is very good, but themes, & where to go next confusing, mini game. & whats up w/ map? Try to add something to make game less relaxing? I may play 1 outa a 100! I'm sorry but this modern who done it stuff is borrrring! I loved there Myths of The World games, but then they started getting bad! Really Epix if your reading this? PLEASE!!! get some new writers that understand what HO gamer's like! I'm being honest! Your good Devs, just horrible story lines & the other things mentioned!

I'm with nanafraser here......completely tedious and boring.....blah blah blah.....I don't care for gadgets no matter what they are dressed up as - here, we get a tablet (ooohh) - same difference. I did play the whole demo through, mainly hitting the skip and hint buttons, that's how interesting I found this. Nothing new, nothing exciting, I'm off to do laundry......

posted in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition on Nov 2, 17 7:31 AM
It's a nice game, graphics are really good, game play is good - when you get to play, which brings me to the one thing I don't like about the game, and a pet peeve of mine.....way too many cut scenes. Constantly interrupts the flow for me. Drives.Me.Nuts. Maybe with a coupon.

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 29, 17 10:17 AM
Win 7, 64 bit, I have gotten two access violations during the game. One in the main game, one in the bonus game. Can't remember what it was.

As for getting a fix for this game........ they got our money and that's that.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator