Posts created by cal711

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 27, 18 3:44 PM
I did my 2nd run-through of the game and found out where the other shield is in the "River Boat" scene (the one I couldn't remember when I posted my earlier reply); it's:

* a "40" on the lower railing to the left of the mouse

I'm posting this in case anyone is having trouble finding the one I didn't mention before.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Apr 22, 18 1:34 PM
There are 3 trash items in that scene ("Carpentry Cabin"); here they are:

1) a crushed can on what appears to be blueprints on the table
2) a pizza box located above the 3rd column of listed objects to be found
3) an amber-colored beer bottle in the center of the window

Hope this helps you keep on with your game! If you need any other help, just ask.

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 12, 18 3:54 PM
I posted this in the "Riverboat" section of this forum but I'll post it again. On my first run-through of the game, I mistakenly thought that there was only 1 shield per scene so I didn't make note of where I found them. I later went back and replayed the other 4 parts of each scene. I can't remember where I found the 1st shield in the "Riverboat" scene but here is where I found the other 4:

2) a "66" to the right of "MISSISSIPPI" on the front of the boat
3) a "66" above the red apple at the bottom right
4) a "66" on the right side between the green lamppost globe and the blue left arrow
5) a "60" on the 2nd blade from the top on the left side of the paddlewheel

Another poster in the "Riverboat" section of this forum found shields elsewhere in that scene so you might want to check out that post as well. I hope you're able to find all of them eventually. In some of the scenes, some of those shields are so pale against the background (clouds, waterfall, etc.) that they're nearly invisible... it just takes a little time to find them. Good luck!

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 6, 18 5:36 PM
After I found the first shields in each scene, I decided to keep track of the other 4 just to see if they were in the same place when I got to my 2nd run-through of the game (which I haven't started yet). Here are the locations I found for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th shields in the "Riverboat" scene:

2) a "66" to the right of "MISSISSIPPI" on the front of the boat
3) a "66" above the red apple at the bottom right of the scene
4) a "66" on the right side between the green lamppost globe and the blue left-pointing arrow
5) a "60" on the 2nd blade from the top on the left side of the paddlewheel

I hope this helps. If possible, could someone let me know if these shields that I found are the same in your game?

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 5, 18 8:43 AM
Kathy0531: I've had the same problem. Some of the shields are very obvious but others are nearly impossible to find. I make it a point to find that shield before going after the hidden objects, otherwise I might forget about it. I just use my mouse to move the cursor over each little section of the scene in order to find it. Some of the shields are very light and blend into the background of things like clouds and some of them are very small too. It can be kind of aggravating but they are there. I'm still on my first run-through of the game so I don't know if the location of the shields stays the same each time the game is played or if they just randomly move each time.

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 5, 18 8:39 AM
There are 5 shields for each scene but not all at once. I didn't realize until I was already past the first group of 3 scenes that they all have several games to play as well as several more hidden objects scenes to them. Some of those "extra" scenes involve the names of the objects being scrambled, missing their vowels, or just having clues to identify them. In addition, not all of those scenes have a shield in them... at the top left of the screen, the shield icon will be darkened and have an "X" to indicate that there is no shield but others will have that icon lit up and will display the number of shields already found, meaning that there is a shield in that one.

Once I realized my mistake, I backtracked and clicked on every scene enough times to play all of the games and find all 5 shields for it.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 24, 18 12:51 PM
Yeah, what linnovak said!! I've loved these "simple" HOG games for years and I have no desire to bother with the dark macabre ones, especially those silly inventory ones. The only ones I anxiously await are "Park Ranger", "Cruise Director", and "Big City Adventure" (I sure wish the next one of those would hurry up and get here).

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 23, 18 7:07 PM
I'm another one of those people, candyelvis. Games like "Park Ranger 7" (I have the other 6 too), "Cruise Director" (I have all 4), and "Big City Adventure" (I have all of them too) are the only ones I'll spend my money on.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 23, 18 7:04 PM
I'm right there with you. It's so great to see that some companies are still willing to make the simple HOG's that I (and obviously a lot of others) love. I've tried 1-hour trials of a couple of those dark and dismal games that involve inventories, storylines, characters, and dialogue but I find them tedious and aggravating, exactly what I DON'T want in a game. I want simple hidden object scenes, some fun puzzles, and enjoyment. I now have all 7 "Park Ranger" games and I feel like I know my way around that place pretty well... it's almost like I've actually visited there for real!

To anyone from game companies who might happen to read forums like this: PLEASE don't give up on games like this (along with the "Big City Adventure" ones) because there's definitely an audience willing to pay for these.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 23, 18 6:59 PM
I just finished my first run-through of the game and I always make "cheat sheets" so here's the locations of the trash in the "Sports Center" (trophy room):

1) water bottle on the floor behind the dog (Jack Russell)
2) brown beer bottle in front of the bowling ball rack
3) brown beer bottle between the pool cue rack and the dartboard (hard to see)
4) paper shopping bag between the pool cue rack and the little girl

Hope this helps. If you get stuck on any others, don't hesitate to ask.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Jan 25, 18 4:19 PM
Glad I could help you out.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Jan 18, 18 7:18 AM
This one does take a little time. The straight sections of pipe have a white arrow on them (it can be hard to see and I've had to go back and switch them because I've missed one) and you need to rotate that section until the arrow is pointing in the direction you want. It also helps to look at the route to get from A to B and from C to D before you start clicking on the pipes because it can get a little confusing. I've played this game several times and this puzzle is still a little tricky for me.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of the game!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 on Jan 11, 18 7:05 PM
If you're still looking for the headphones, they're located over the arm of the seat to the left of the orange lift vest. All you can really see of them is the black part that goes on top of the head.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 19, 17 11:20 AM
You're very welcome. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to come to this forum because there are always people willing to help out a fellow gamer.

Enjoy the rest of the game!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 18, 17 5:11 PM
There are only 2 pieces of trash in this particular scene:

1) a crushed can between the man and woman
2) a green beer bottle to the right of the red and white flag on the "City Cruises" boat

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 18, 17 9:47 AM
The only thing even close that I was able to find online was an "Exploratorium" in San Francisco. I looked for anything similar in Barbados but came up with nothing so I guess it's just something invented for the game. Looks pretty cool though!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 18, 17 9:44 AM
You need to figure out all of the clues for each wheel, then find the correct number on the corresponding wheel, and click your mouse until the little ball rests on that number. Be careful not to mouse-click too fast because if you go by the number, you have to keep clicking until you're all the way back around to where you wanted to go.

For me, Clues 1, 2, and 3 were easy but I didn't know the answers to 4 & 5. Instead of leaving the game to check for the answers online, I just used a Hint. If you want the answers, just let me know and I can either post them here on this Forum page or send you a private message.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 11, 17 10:58 AM
The first time I played the game, I thought it was just the clouds moving, which I thought was a very nice touch by the game designers. As I struggled to find some of the objects that first time around, I glanced up and noticed that fortress going by and was even more impressed that the designers went to that much trouble. I haven't seen the other ship yet but now you've got me curious and I'll deliberately linger in that scene in order to see it too. Thanks for the heads-up!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 11, 17 10:55 AM
@littledannheiser: Here's a list of the trash items in the "Recreation Deck" scene:

1) crushed can to the right of the walking track on the right side of the yellow cleaning machine
2) wad of paper behind rock and grass to the left of the blue and green glass balls wrapped with rope
3) paper cup between the stack of cannonballs and the big anchor behind the treasure chest

On my 2nd run-through of games like this, I take the time to write down the location of the trash just in case I forget. So if you're stuck on any other scenes, just give a holler. Enjoy the game... I know I am!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Nov 4, 17 5:36 PM
The "Eagle Eye" is a bonus you get if you don't use the Hint or MegaHint while searching for objects in a scene. You're awarded 100 points for each scene in which you don't use a hint.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator