Posts created by malcolmbart

posted in Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee on Aug 19, 17 5:45 AM
This is not a new game, merely a trimmed down version of the collector's edition which I already have. Is everybody on vacation this week?

Running Win 10 and having the same problem. Game installs but will not play. Made the mistake of buying the game.. Would appreciate either a fix or credit.

Running fully updated Windows 10. The game is extremely slow transitioning between scenes.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 16 5:50 AM
Using Win 10 and having the same problem. Very disappointing as I don't usually have problems with the games in this series. I'm glad I played through almost the whole demo as this problem arose in the last 2 minutes. Will await word of a fix.

posted in PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 16 4:22 AM
I am having a problem with saving the man in the water. I managed to get all the shots but the last one. The green circle flashes so quickly that I can't click in time and there is no "skip" available. Do these developers think their market consists of 15-year olds? I can't progress beyond this point, so I will be requesting a credit for this purchase. This is very disappointing as I have always enjoyed the Puppet games.

UDATE: Tried uninstalling & reinstalling to no avail.

posted in Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 16 4:31 AM
Anged wrote:The scenes are very dark and collectables next to impossible to see. Not everyone has big screens and perfect eyesight.
Too many cut scenes for me.
I gave up after 20 minutes.

I totally agree. Not everyone has perfect vision. I had a headache after 20 minutes, so I am giving up and not buying.

posted in Dark Romance: Curse of Bluebeard Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 16 4:28 AM
Running Windows 10. Have the same problem with the skip button. Uninstalled & reinstalled - same problem. Went back in and checked in custom setting that the hint & skip buttons were checked - they were, but still the same problem. Put the slides all the way down to 15 seconds, but still the same problem, Unfortunately, ran out of trial, so I won't be buying this game, which is too bad because I was enjoying it.

posted in Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition on Oct 1, 16 5:08 AM
The hint button is not working for me either. Running Windows 10.

Update: I uninstalled & reinstalled the trial, but it still does not work. All of my drivers & updates are current. This is very disappointing as I do not usually have problems with this series.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition on Sep 17, 16 3:28 AM
This game is taking forever to download. Not a good sign for smooth running. This is very unusual for me and does not bode well for smooth running.

posted in Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition on Sep 3, 16 5:39 AM
After the latest Hidden Expedition, this was BORING. More potions & magic in lieu of intricacy and puzzle solving. I quit halfway through the trial and can see why this is on sale.

malcolmbart wrote:
handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8. Getting runtime error when trying to activate. I've checked all my settings and everything is set correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

Running Windows 10 & having the same problem (run time error 802). Have run through all their suggestions, including attempting to install through purchase history. Finally had to go through running a Dr. Felix report and sending it.

There are just too many people having problems with too many games lately.

After jumping through all their hoops and almost a week of struggle, just received an email admitting that this is a BF problem and they are working to fix it and will contact me when the matter is resolved. In the mean time, am left trying to find another game site.

handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8. Getting runtime error when trying to activate. I've checked all my settings and everything is set correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

Running Windows 10 & having the same problem (run time error 802). Have run through all their suggestions, including attempting to install through purchase history. Finally had to go through running a Dr. Felix report and sending it.

There are just too many people having problems with too many games lately.

leacraw wrote:I'll leave the game play review to others. Sadly, I didn't care for how the custom feature worked for the hint and skip times. Because it is a sliding bar that increases the hint time it decreases the skip time.The reverse is true when decreasing hint time the skip time goes up. For me that isn't an acceptable option in custom mode.
lea

I totally agree. I've always felt that developers who force you to wait an interminable amount of time to skip or get a hint are either control freaks or are trying to make the game seem longer than it actually is.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 16 5:29 AM
Congratulations, Big Fish. Two games in a row that don't work properly. First was a Fear For Sale that left many of us stuck in the chapel. Now we have a Cadenza that gives us sound but no picture, much like that one about a storm that has never been updated. I did not bother to pursue that one further after reading the real reviews (not the ones posted on the main page before any one has had a chance to play the game). After years of being a loyal customer, I'm off to find another game site.

Exactly the same situation here. Running Windows 10; all drivers & software up to date. If I don't see an update by next Friday, I shall demand a refund.

MrsSkippy wrote:Opened up the game, have sound, but no picture

Having the same problem. Running Win 10 and just spent an hour installing updated drivers and other Windows updates, so please don't tell me to check for updates. I have a program that does that automatically. Obviously, this is another "no buy" due to program glitches, which is really getting tiresome to say the least.

CiChDa wrote:I can't get it open.
I am using the 5,3,7 code on the door and going clockwise, counter clockwise, then clockwise.
So what am I doing wrong?
The SG shows 1,3.7......
I tried those numbers too...no go

Help!

I'm having the same problem. This should have had a "Skip" option. I hope someone can help.

SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I could not get the game to load. When you click play, it opens a black box that takes up 1/3 of the screen. Little blue wheel just keeps spinning. Tried to shut it down with the task manager, but the black box blocks it. So I had to reboot. Tried twice with the same result. Running Windows 10 on a laptop.
;;

posted in Eventide: Slavic Fable Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 15 6:42 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:I did try the windows update as suggested (for windows 10) and it did work. It took a really long time to download and install and then restart the computer but after all that time, I went back to the game and it started with no further errors or problems. Thank you Moderator for the suggestion and help.

posted in Medford Asylum: Paranormal Case on Oct 22, 15 5:04 AM
Surely you jest. No ability to adjust volume was a warning. This thing looks as if it came out 10 years ago. No buy for me. Very disappointing. I am seriously thinking of dropping my long standing membership.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator