Posts created by papillion727

posted in Clutter 3: Who is The Void? on Nov 15, 17 7:34 PM
I need some guidance on how to play "round and round"

FreedomII wrote:
"Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win..."

I noticed at least one other comment that said the same. I'm at that point too. Frankly I'm not enjoying the game enough to start over and unless some fix comes through I believe the exact same thing will happen again. At least we got the angel dolls dressed."

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Oct 11, 12 3:05 PM
MacBook Pro running Lion. Can't finish the game. I'm near the end and a puzzle is too large vertically. I can't access the buttons at the bottom to play or the skip button.

Never mind. I just looked at the walkthrough. You don't need the buttons that are half hidden at the bottom of the screen. This is the last puzzle of the game, by the way.

Mac_too wrote:This is not the first ERS game that I have had the same problem on my Mac. The Menu pops up whenever I go to the inventory. If I move my cursor very slowly down to inventory or sneak up on it from the sides, it doesn't always happen. It's annoying to say the least but at least I can play the game albeit a bit slower than I would like.

It's weird that from a programming angle, cursor movement is not interpreted the same as a "click". And in all games you need to click on the Menu button to get it to pop up.

Mac_too, you might try to play these ERS games in reduced screen mode. De-select full screen, exit the game, then restart it. It worked for Song of Phoenix.

Mac_too wrote:This is not the first ERS game that I have had the same problem on my Mac. The Menu pops up whenever I go to the inventory. If I move my cursor very slowly down to inventory or sneak up on it from the sides, it doesn't always happen. It's annoying to say the least but at least I can play the game albeit a bit slower than I would like.

I sent an email and received a reply from BFG. They said that the ERS game engine was not working properly with the latest release of Lion. It won't work in full screen mode. I tried a few of the other ERS games and they worked just fine. It seems weird to me because you usually have to "click" on the Menu button to get it to appear. So you can either ask for a refund or you can go to options, opt out of full screen, exit then restart the game in reduced mode.

I haven't purchased the game yet. Still thinking about it.

magictrix85 wrote:
papillion727 wrote:( Mac Lion ) Just downloaded to try and from the reviews I hoped it was one to buy and I've never had a problem with any ERS games.

When I try to move my cursor down to access inventory, the Menu screen pops up. The box that offers: Resume, Options, Main Menu etc This should only happen if I click on the menu button, which is on the far left.

Ive been having a problem with this too, and its so annoying. any ideas on a fix?

( Mac Lion ) Just downloaded to try and from the reviews I hoped it was one to buy and I've never had a problem with any ERS games.

When I try to move my cursor down to access inventory, the Menu screen pops up. The box that offers: Resume, Options, Main Menu etc This should only happen if I click on the menu button, which is on the far left.

posted in Mystery P.I.: The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove on May 4, 12 5:36 PM
How do you crack the coconut? I've looked for a hammer and a machete and can't find anything suitable.

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Jan 27, 12 5:16 PM
Let's see... I have a PC and a MAC. I could download the game and play it on one and pull up the walkthrough on the other and maybe plow through this game in 2 hours. But why? I have lots of BFG games on both and I spent the money so I could enjoy the challenge of working out some puzzles, look at some amazing artwork and well, you fishies get my drift.

I don't look at the clock or try to rush through. I enjoy myself! This is a great game and even had me laughing at times. I hope the sequel comes out soon!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Jan 27, 12 5:02 PM
The hint button will always give you a clue.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 12, 12 6:50 PM
Though I'm now a retired senior citizen who has time to enjoy Big Fish Games I can offer my point of view because my career was in (computer) systems design and development. When I look at these games I marvel at how many hours and hours many people worked to get them to the production point. The artwork, the MILLIONS of lines of code that went into programming! The development costs are huge.

Remember Myst? How much did you pay for it?

Now think about how much HOG games have evolved since the first ones came out. I buy a few CEs but mostly wait for the SEs - and it's a really long wait because I now have a Mac. I think we're getting a bargain. And the reason is that BFG sells enough copies to generate a fair profit for the developers. You don't see any of the game developers listed on the Fortune 500.

posted in Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Jan 12, 12 11:44 AM
Mac Version. Played though once without any problems. Second game and we are back at the lab trying to sterilize the lab equipment and it won't let us put the "dirty" equipment on the table. everything else has been collected and we're trying to repeat the process just like I did the first time I played the game.

I may have to delete all folders to get rid of previous profiles, uninstall and start from scratch . Any other suggestions?

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 11 1:47 PM
I am another retired person with a fixed income with money getting tighter and I agree with the complaints registered above. At least the other CE games I've bought had a bonus chapter. This game cannot come out as an SE and leave out Chapter six with the canvas unfinished and the boy lost.

Having said that, My career was in Information Systems and I did a lot of design and programming, but never got into gaming. Compare the quality of games from Vogart, Elephant, MCF and so forth to the amateur looking games like The Missing Cases of Sherlock Holmes. If you go to Best Buy and look for a new quality game you will see price tags above the $13.99. BFG has to bring these high quality games out at a higher price initially because of the developers cost. Tens of thousands of hours of work are needed to create these games; those people studied long and hard and are paid well.

After enough games are sold at the $13.99 price to recoup the development cost and start turning a profit they can start selling it as an SE.

posted in 1912: Titanic Mystery on Aug 13, 11 11:15 AM
Just downloaded the Mac version for trial. In the lifeboat area HOG scene I could see the doll on the left and tried to click her face, body, legs, etc. The "hint" indicated that was indeed the doll but I couldn't click on it.

Dumped it in the trash. I didn't think the game was up to BFG standards anyway.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on Jul 15, 11 7:26 PM
First let me say I love this game and have played it several times. MAC version. After the first time the game developed a glitch in Chapter 2 with the 4 color button in the tower. For instance: Red, then yellow would blink. I would repeat the sequence and it would fail. red and yellow might blink again and my response would be accepted. Sometimes the first two colors would be accepted and the third wouldn't, other times the first would fail. It is very random. I'm going to uninstall and install again.

I had this same problem with map at the power station in Hallowed Legends: Sanhain and finally had to skip the puzzle.

Wonder if these are problems on MAC only?

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition on Jun 17, 11 4:22 PM
So tired of being the red-headed step children, waiting so long to get our porridge. I understand that more people own PC products, but it would be fun, just once to have a really neat game come out in MAC version first and let the PC users wait a month or two.
How should I use the game credits I earned last month? Should I buy Diner Dash 2?

I just finished the trial and my eyes hurt so badly that I'm going to instill some Rx eyedrops. No, I'm not kidding. Any developer could make a game difficult with dark HOG scenes, throwing in a few obscure objects. Not even interested in the game for free. "Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors" has beautiful hidden objects scenes. I have played the game many times. MCF has really risen to the top of the class with their last two games and I love the "Curse of the Opera" and "Asylum Conspiracies" by Nightfall Mysteries. Anxiously awaiting their third game on Mac.
Happy gaming young Fishies. Some day when your eyes get old, you'll rant too.

posted in Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise on Mar 31, 11 2:00 PM
Youda Legend: Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond is one of my favorites, so I made a mistake and bought this without trying. Absolutely hated it! Maybe they sold the name to some other developers. I didn't finish and deleted it from my game list. I notice they have some more game out now and I won't even give them a try. Sting me once shame on you, sting me twice ...

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 8, 10 11:34 AM
Do you have the Mac or PC version? The walkthrough shows all 4 in the main room, so if you found 3 in that room check the walk through. I have the Mac version and after finding 3 in Hannah's room I finally found the last one by going to the main room, turning left towards the left stairs and searching on the floor to the left of the red sofa. It wasn't very well defined, but I could see the brass color.

I think the Mac and PC versions differ in power cell locations. I found a site where some Beta testing had been done and that's how I found my last one. Good luck.

Let me know.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator