Posts created by Dark_Promise

I am stuck at the scroll as well. No crashing or error codes. I have the scroll, pieces all over. When I click the pieces nothing happens. If I pull up the scroll and then click a piece the scroll goes away and nothing happens. Hint says go up but when I go up hint says go back down. If it is just me being stupid would someone please drop me a clue? Obviously, some have gotten past this as they are talking about the bonus. Can anyone share how they did it?

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 15 6:13 PM
More Witches... Keep them COMING!

MANY people are not Christian of any kind. Some follow other religions, some are "none of the above". Many of us enjoy witches, vamps, occult, Ouija, alchemy, ghosts and the like. They keep making them so there is an obvious market. I suggest you vote with your dollars like the rest of us.

posted in The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest on Jan 18, 15 3:44 PM
I have some ideas on how to block this. I run a large forum myself and understand the mods pain. Does anyone know how to contact a mod about this? I looked around the "contact us" stuff but can't find anything about this specific kind of problem.

posted in The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest on Jan 18, 15 2:45 PM
Make sure you hit report on ALL of them.

posted in Monument Builders: Cathedral Rising on Jan 14, 15 12:13 AM
Hey guys, I hate to tell you but you don't know what you are talking about. Spam in a forum and your BILLING info are two separate worlds. Spam is the bane of every forum owner and every mod WORLD WIDE. Fighting spam is an art not a science and there ARE no easy fixes. Ever heard of proxies, spambots, regenerative IPs? Other things I am not even going to name and save the world some trouble by not teaching others about it. Do you realize the reason they do it is because they get money every time you click on their spam post? DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! People here are feeding them or they wouldn't be coming back. I have run a very large forum, often over 1000 posts a day for over 15 years. I know what I am talking about.

A couple of months ago I went back to the forum of an old game, so old all the threads had been locked. Everything except the new spam that had been thrown up all over the section. I didn't click on it, I noted the game and URL, mailed it to the mods and not only did they clean it up I got a very nice note and a game code. They didn't need to give me a thing. What I did was part of protecting a community I value. It was very nice of them and I certainly would not expect them to do it again but it shows the kind of company BigFish is. They are trying people. Work with them, to their faces, instead of posting snark in a thread that doesn't even look like what it is.

Well, my beef is that the old/discounted games are SE. I would be interested to pick up the other games at a decent discount if they were the CEs.

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 27, 14 9:57 PM
This was a good game but it is very touchy about the order you do things in and it allows you to do things you should NOT do yet. I am going to try to write a walk through if anyone would be interested?

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 27, 14 7:12 PM
Talk to Hewitt. Go past him to the Apartment Car. Go into the Service room on the left. Check the backpack and the suitcase on the shelf. Take the items. One will be a key to room 1 on the Sleeper Car. Don't forget to check the grate outside the door. That should get you started

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 27, 14 7:02 PM
Have you opened the suitcase yet? I just played the first two cases through three times so I will try to help you

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 27, 14 6:48 PM
Okie Dokie, I just played the first two cases over three times to get a firm answer on what is going wrong for all y'all. The problem here is that the game lets you do things before you should and it screws you up. Cleaning the license plate when you first can causes one too.

There is only ONE cup of tea made period. Don't bother with the teapot until you are on case two, have the pills and the cup from the front of the stage. Play into it a bit and then go back and take the teapot. Put on burner. Heat tea. Click teacup in inventory. Add tea then the pills one by one until you get to the correct sediment.

I know with the license plate if you do it early you are just screwed and have to start over. I have a sneaky suspicion the same applies to this tea.

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 7:00 PM
First click on the snake thing on the desk. Take the elevator upstairs. Look out the window and see shiny thing. Go back down and out to the garden and pick up shiny rock thing. Use oil can on faucet. Turn on water. Go back to desk, clerk will notice water on and go out to deal with it. Place shiny rock on snake thing and you will find money in it. When the clerk comes back in you will have enough money to rent the room.

Good luck!

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 6:55 PM
Use the overlays

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 6:54 PM
UPDATE:

I restarted, still no intro cut scenes. I did not clean the plate at the obvious time (when you open the trunk). Went back when it was a task, cleaned the plate and did receive the code to use on the suitcase.

To fix this bug either you should not be able to clean it at first or the code should go into your inventory then. Hope the developers bother to check this thread. Sigh.

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 6:50 PM
UPDATE:

I restarted, still no intro cut scenes. I did not clean the plate at the obvious time (when you open the trunk). Went back when it was a task, cleaned the plate and did receive the code to use on the suitcase.

Hope this helps someone else

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 2:41 PM
I posted this originally asking for task help but it seems this is a bug. The license number was NOT added to my inventory. Yes I cleaned it with the hankie multiple times and nothing. Looks like I will have to start over. Hey maybe THIS time I will get to see the cut scenes at the beginning so the story makes sense. Sigh.

OK, so the only active place on the map is outside the hotel with a sparkle on the back of the car. Click on car, click on license plate. I figure those are the numbers it wants to open the suitcase in train compartment two as when you click on it it says it may be the drivers license number (I am assuming they mean plate). That is CFA 461. OK, back to the train but it still keeps saying I need the code. All I have left in inventory is the break, crowbar and handkerchief.

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 2:35 PM
Sounds like a tech glitch. Sigh. Got the key, popped the trunk, cleaned the plate long ago. Never got the number placed in inventory. I guess I will have to start over

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 23, 14 8:52 PM
The screwdriver is in the compartment to the left of the door

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 23, 14 8:50 PM
OK, so the only active place on the map is outside the hotel with a sparkle on the back of the car. Click on car, click on license plate. I figure those are the numbers it wants to open the suitcase in train compartment two as when you click on it it says it may be the drivers license number (I am assuming they mean plate). That is CFA 461. OK, back to the train but it still keeps saying I need the code. All I have left in inventory is the break, crowbar and handkerchief.

Help anyone?

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 23, 14 8:44 PM
Go back to the back platform. There is a handrail to the right side of the door. Use the screwdriver to remove it. Go in the door. To your right is a wooden compartment. Use the handle to force the door and you will find the hammer. Go back outside the train where you were and bash the window in

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 23, 14 8:36 PM
Well I can help with one but I am stuck in the same spot. The list goes in your evidence in the center row. I think it wants you to use the numbers from the license plate to open the suitcase -461 but when I go back to the suitcase it says need code and the map just keeps going back to the car as do hints.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator