Posts created by ScaniX

posted in Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Feb 3, 12 4:35 AM
I think they actually changed it, the screenshot is gone on the game page, isn't it? ^_^

posted in Secrets of the Dark: Temple of Night on Jan 10, 12 10:50 AM
Do you see the state "acitvated" or "60 minutes left" in the game manager list?
Is there no buy, play or uninstall button on the right side of it?
I recently had the problem that the layout of the elements in the list of the new game manager was wrong, so that those buttons were off to the right side where you could not reach them. It seems to be implemented as some sort of website or flash application.
In my case it helped to update the Internet Explorer. You could also try to update flash (download the installation for IE, not for other browsers as BFG uses the IE version, at least AFAIK).
If this does not work, click on the green envelope on the right side and contact customer support, they will come to your rescue for sure.

EDIT: Fixed language oopsies...

posted in Exorcist 2 on Dec 20, 11 5:50 AM
I have no problems with the topic at all, so I tried this one.
I found the voice acting really good.
The second (and last) good thing about the game is that they managed to work fine on a 16:9 environment (they are even rendering decorative bars on the sides to fill up the screen).
Other than that I was really wondering why they bother to bring out a game in such a low graphics resolution (I think it is 640x480) with nearly no good animations (objects do not move realistically, e.g. the pliers just floated by the bolt to remove it, persons do not move lips when talking).
All in all I had enough after just 4 minutes or so, couldn't take to look at something that ugly... ^-^

PS: The "ghosts" seem to have escaped from a comedy movie or something, they look rather stupid. Nothing to keep anyone frightened and without a creepy atmosphere, such a game does not work.

EDIT: Removed "<". THIS IS NOT HTML!!! ^-^

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny on Dec 14, 11 11:39 AM
You have to have this AND look at the clock to transform the numbers into directions.

EDIT: To actually make sense...

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Dec 11, 11 10:17 AM
Mh... That is sad. It seems you are doing everything right. The log cannot be removed, you just have to remove the branches and the shield, so it should work as you described.
There are videos in youtube of this whole thing, but it seems you already did all that.
I think some other fishies have successfully asked for a refund, so if you are about to give up, then contact the CS and tell them your problem. They might even help with the problem with some knowledge that we don't have.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Dec 10, 11 3:10 AM
Sorry, although I finished the SE not long ago, I have no perfectly clear image of that scene in my mind. ^-^
Have you tried other scenes? Missed something else? Sometimes the games won't let you do something unless you did something else before.
Just looked up a video of it. Removing the branches and the shield seems to be all that is necessary to get the copy of the rock image. That is what I did when I played it.
Did you just click on the paper or did you move it around?

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows on Dec 9, 11 4:41 AM
The sketch is used pretty late in the game.

posted in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek on Dec 8, 11 8:16 AM
The left and the right side are independent of each other, just puzzle around the parts on the left side until the image is correct, then do the same for the right side.
After both images are complete, you have to pull the levers in the correct order indicated by the numbers and arrows.
I hope this helped.

EDIT: Fixatized grammaticks.

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Dec 7, 11 5:36 AM
Hehe, yes. Seems to be that way.
I kinda missed the "reset" part in your post, so I had to make my own experience.

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 11 1:57 PM
WTF? Sorry, but I am just playing this and recognized that he adds up the number of knifes taken per round to 4, thus the game is indeed unwinnable. ^^
I thought you have to look for an additional dagger somewhere. But... wait for a mistake from him? ROFL.

EDIT: Indeed in the second round he did make a mistake. I think (although I am not 100 percent certain) that you have to let him win once. It happened after I "lost" during the second game, it did not happen when using reset (for like... 1000 times). XD

posted in Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Dec 3, 11 1:11 AM
I just found it hilarious that on the game page they write "discover giovanni's fate" and in the screenshot below you see: (highlight to read or just click on the middle screenshot on the game page)
A pile of bones with a skull and the text "Oh, no. I think I've found Giovanni".
^_^

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows on Dec 3, 11 1:07 AM
If you mean the upper part of the prince which is in you inventory, you have to put it together where it is needed, not at the workbench. Just put the part with the legs there first, this one might be a bit tricky to find (at least I missed it at first).

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Sep 7, 11 2:30 AM
As far as I remember only until the game is installed and activated. Then you can just launch the game manager to start the game.

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 11 6:28 AM
A quick google showed it was a beta in october of 2010 under the name "Dark Legends Nightmare Realm". Maybe you remember it from that time.

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 11 2:20 AM
It took a moment to figure it out, but I liked the idea that you have to find out what exactly is happening.
Use one hint at a time until you understand it.

Hint: Look carefully on the tile you click on and the other ones.

Hint: All tiles are advancing one position everytime you click, but what about their orientation?

Hint: Only the tile (pipe) you click on rotates as well as moving forward, all other tiles just move while keeping their orientation (e.g. narrow end keeps pointing up).

Solution: Try to memorize what direction every pipe needs and only click on the tiles that need to change orientation until all pipes match.

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 11 12:18 AM
Hint: Did you already pull it down from the stage?

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 11 12:10 AM
We wondered the same thing when finishing this puzzle. ^^
The only connection that comes to my mind now is a clock. When it is 20:00 o'clock the small hand points to the VIII (8 in the evening).

EDIT: Grammar, har, har!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on Jun 3, 11 3:17 AM
Game is playing fine on my Windows 7 64 bit system with only two bugs:

- When moving forward from the bridge with the fishing pole there is an error message "image not found: brick..."

- When switching to desktop and back the graphics are messed up. Looks like it switched to a low resolution mode or something.

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 11 10:03 AM
To tell the developers not to include that in games would be plain wrong. If we would ommit everything that at least one player does not like, we would have empty rooms. We would only get very booring games. And: Yes, I like peaceful games. Still sometimes I just want to shoot at something.
The only way to resolve this is to add warnings. As it is done for the cowlike humans (vegans) or people with allergies on stuff to eat:
Warning:
Contains nuts and dead animals

Normal games have a lot of warnings nowadays:
Strong language
Brutality
Nudity
Comic mischief

I have never seen "mistreatment of animals" or something, but why not? Just add those warnings to the games and everyone can pick the ones to his/her/its liking.

posted in CreaVures on May 31, 11 2:11 PM
The game looks cute and promises some fun gameplay later on when all five characters (thus the V in creatures) have been introduced.
The first impression shows the very low polygon count of the scenery and characters. The animation of the characters is ok, but not great. The scenery looks fine, although it looks bad compared to similar low cost games like "Trine".
I appreciate it that BFG offers games like this, though. The previous platformers here looked pretty lame.
I have to say that I am playing "The Witcher 2" at the moment, so I am used to pretty much the best graphics there is at the moment. ^^
I might buy this to burn a credit if I manage to get used to the look and if I find some good puzzles. At the moment (I am currently in level 2 or so with spikey) there have not been any puzzles yet.
Still the game is very cute and fun to play and it is finally something different than the HOs and RPGs and FPSs I am usually playing now.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator