Posts created by AlderGames

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 29, 11 10:16 PM
Hi BaloogaWhale,

I can't help with technical issues here directly, so I suggest you to contact Customer Support with your issue and they will provide us the necessary information to fix the problem.

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 29, 11 1:55 PM
[removed by moderator]

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 29, 11 12:08 PM
BaloogaWhale wrote:When I click to play, it takes a bit and then my screen goes black like the game is going to load and then it goes directly to the screen in the game manager that says thank you for playing....and play again? I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still does the same thing? I also tried to restart my computer. I have never had this problem before with any game. Any ideas??? Would really like to try this game.

[removed by moderator]

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 11:53 AM
vastawufilis wrote:I enjoyed the concept of the game but really found the main character's clothing (or lack thereof) to be offensive. Was it really necessary to dress her in such a way?

The clothing is based on various fantasy artworks and designs to make the character fit into the atmosphere of the game. I'm sorry if you feel it offensive, we didn't meant to offend anybody...

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 11:24 AM
roxlyn28 wrote:why make a game that won't work. i have tried time and time again to find arrows and nothing. first off i clicked on an arrow and nothing. then came on here and tried what u suggested but when i went to try it there was absolutely no arrows to be seen. i know it works with my computer so its not that. thanx for a game that doesnt work. i dont understand. by the way there was no rows or columns to be seen at all.

It seems to be some kind of a technical problem.
Does the square game board appear with red, green and white disc-like tokens? (More or less it should look like the ones on screenshot #1 and #2. On screenshot #2 you can also see 5-5 arrows along the bottom-left and top-left edges. Those should be also visible on the first level.)

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 10:11 AM
patriciablake wrote:I like match games and looked forward to this one. However, I don't seem to be able to get into the game. I am told to click onto one of the arrows. I don't see any arrows and it looks from the purple line that it has not completely loaded. I tried twice.

The purple line is your mana bar which shows your magical energy/health. Click on any of the rows/columns on the play area to push tokens onto the board and try to match 3 or more of the same tokens.

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 7:45 AM
ToonaCat wrote:Hi Andras, I kind of like your game - it's more of a strategy puzzle than traditional match-3, but I can't figure out how the death wizards are hurting me, and how I defeat them. So far I just keep making matches as usual. Is there any help in the game that explains things? If so, I didn't find it.

Runs pretty good in high res on my Windows XP, music fits the mood, and the game is a little different and fantasy based. I'm just really having trouble understanding what does what.

Good Luck!

Hi ToonaCat,

Thanks for the quick review, I'm glad you like the game.

About the Battles:
You are hurting Death Wizards and other creatures by making matches and they are also trying to make matches to hurt you!
Magical energy "balls" are flying into the enemy from the tokens matched by you and vica versa.

Basically who makes matches faster or making bigger matches (match-4, 5, 6, 7 or double/multi matches) wins. (The bars on the bottom show the remaining energy/mana.)
Later, spells will make these battles a bit more strategic.

Good luck for defeating those creatures!

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 5:42 AM
Here's my first tip for you:
Try to check the High Resolution and Detail mode in
Main Menu/Options!

The game starts in low resolution mode by default, so everyone can play the game even if having a quite old desktop PC or a slower notebook, but probably your computer can cope with the detailed graphics.
I encourage you to try it! You can always return to the lower detail mode if the gameplay slows down or getting choppy...

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 5:09 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:... my only concern is it said something about time...don't let your manna or something run out. ...

Basically your mana is decreased at each step (token push) and increased by making matches.
On battle levels the enemy creatures try to reduce your mana in various ways to defeat you. On puzzle levels (potion, scroll) the mana also depletes by time, but on Normal difficulty level it happens really slowly...

posted in Magical Mysteries: Path of the Sorceress on Apr 28, 11 5:01 AM
Greetings to Everyone!

I'm Andras Albel, programmer and designer of Magical Mysteries.
I started this discussion to get some direct feedback, which helps us to make better games for you!

I'm going to give you some Magical Mysteries tips and tricks here and I can also answer your questions!

(With any technical issues please contact BFG Customer Support ...)

posted in Bee Garden on Nov 24, 10 2:34 AM
Glitters2 wrote:I am stuck on Cactus Rush......have played it several times a day for literally months. My highest score was just over 1,000. There is NO way to reach 2,000. What is the secret?

You have to train Smart Bees continuously in the Research Lab (green hive) to double your honey production.

posted in Bee Garden on Sep 22, 10 11:48 PM
Ntrtain wrote:I'm having troubles on Level 4 Andras, when the second order comes in there is no jar!! Hence I cannot fill it or fulfill the order, the timer starts and the conveyor belt stops but no jar. Other than this I love the game. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

It's really weird. I've never seen this issue. Does it always happen (100%)?
Maybe some performance problems can cause sg like that. Have you tried turning off High Resolution mode? Have you updated the game? (v1.00 should appear on the splash screen.)

You can send your computer's spec in PM to me. Maybe we can figure out sg.

posted in Bee Garden on Sep 9, 10 11:12 PM
Ariinya wrote:My only criticism of this game is... why aren't there more of them?! Develop, develop...!!! I will chain you to the computer whilst you code, mwahahaha.

LOL . We will try our best without chains!

Ariinya wrote:Obviously, I really like this game, and I hope more great time managements come out soon. I have to find your website... maybe you look for beta testers?! Oooh ooh!!! Me Me!

Sorry, currently we're not looking for beta testers.

posted in Bee Garden on Sep 5, 10 1:23 AM
Gieyo wrote:Keep my drivers regularly updated, Direct X too. Switched to window mode, deactivated Hi res and custom cursor.
It ran just the same. The bees while the levels are loading (single bee on white background) move at what seems to be teh correct animation speed, all the rest just slows down (not sure if it freezes as I decided to shutdown aplication before it actually did ).

Seemed a nice game. If it may help, the ant one that BF released a few months ago ran fine on the same computer (graphs and animation seemed similar).

There's an updated version with performance improvements available to download.

posted in Bee Garden on Sep 5, 10 1:19 AM
Lisa522 wrote:Has anyone checked this game out since the update?

Wondering what exactly has been changed and if it warrants giving this game another shot...

In the updated version:
- The game performance is improved with 15-20% (only noticable on slower PCs).
- In low resolution mode (if 'High Resolution' is unchecked in the options menu) some special effects are also turned off to make the game playable on low-end machines.

posted in Bee Garden on Sep 5, 10 1:14 AM
Ntrtain wrote:I love the look of this game and the power ups but I'm really dissapointed, I purchased it and can't get past fourth level. The bees are really slow, no rain power up offered until after I loose the first order which comes in almost immediately. I've purchased everything possible to get but even with the three hives I can't get the orders done quickly enough. ANY suggestion appreciated

Hello,

I suggest you to read the discussion "Ask the Developers!" for some useful tips & tricks and if you have more questions I'll try to answer...

Have a nice day!

posted in Bee Garden on Aug 29, 10 9:56 PM
Lauralei wrote:When ''You get a bonus planting plot!'', what does that mean? The soil was always there and free to plant on, no? Is there an advantage to matching the seed with the plant "picture" imprinted on the soil or does it matter? When you're racing the clock and killing pests, these things are important! *chuckle*

Bonus planting spot:
When you complete an order or making a jar of mixed honey one or more of the planting spots get marked with an image of a specific flower. Most of the levels have some marked spots initially.

If you plant a matching seed into a marked spot, you'll get the "Instant Bloom" effect: the flower grows and blooms instantly! You don't have to water, compost and wait for growing.
It's a really great advantage and it's especially important on "rush levels".

posted in Bee Garden on Aug 29, 10 9:49 PM
Lauralei wrote:The job requirements seems to change within the levels, i.e. 4/5, 4/7, 5/6. How do you know what the pass requirement is for each day? Bottles or bottle combo? Money? When you fail, how do you know by how much? In other words, am I close or should I just pack up and go home?

The goal is always to reach a given amount of money before the day ends. Your progress is shown by the coin column on the bottom left corner. If the coins reach the arrow, you reach the goal, if they reach the top than it's an expert score!
Move the cursor over the progress meter to see the goals in numbers.

Regarding the order stat at the end:
e. g. 5/6 means that there were 6 orders and 5 were completed. The number of orders can change. It's because if you complete your orders faster than there will be enough time for more orders to come!

Lauralei wrote:Is it time to give up?

Absolutely not!

Good luck!

posted in Bee Garden on Aug 28, 10 2:42 AM
Sluggish cursor:

For players who can't run the game or experiencing lags, sluggish cursor, graphical issues, etc. I suggest the following:
1. Update your DirectX and video driver. DirectX 9 is required to run this game.
2. Turn off the High Resolution and optionally the fullscreen mode in the options menu.
3. If the cursor is still sluggish turn off custom cursors in the options menu.

Probably there will be a game update in a few weeks which will include some performance improvements.

posted in Bee Garden on Aug 28, 10 2:39 AM
For players who can't run the game or experiencing lags, sluggish cursor, graphical issues, etc. I suggest the following:
1. Update your DirectX and video driver. DirectX 9 is required to run this game.
2. Turn off the High Resolution and optionally the fullscreen mode in the options menu.
3. If the cursor is still sluggish turn off custom cursors in the options menu.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator