Posts created by Sorrybut

posted in Rescue Team 4 on Dec 15, 14 11:24 AM
I seem to be the only one unable to pass 20 with 3 stars. What am I missing there?!

posted in Island Tribe on Oct 12, 14 6:11 AM
Thank you for fixing! That was a nice surprise.

Now if by any chance you could get your fixers onto the mac versions of the defender series... ;-)?

posted in Island Tribe on Sep 5, 14 7:32 AM
Well yeah - what's really bugging me is that this is not a first. After the disaster that was the latest mac versions of "defenders", I would have hoped that someone had an eye on new mac releases. Not happening.

Why not make it obvious during trials, then?!

I'll just have to remember to check the forums before buying anything. And so should you, other mac users. The really *big* fish can hardly be arsed, it seems ;-).

posted in Royal Defense Ancient Menace on May 20, 14 5:35 AM
I keep coming back to see if anyone of the powers that be ever reads this...

Seems they don't really mind the embarrassing fact that they offered a whole bloody series that simply isn't functional on mac.

(Yeah, I did get a free game, but still have three that won't play.)

Those of you who bought at the app store: I looked, but didn't find it.
Probably another issue of "not available in your country" :-(.

Seriously, Big Fish: This is BAD, BAD policy. Pfui.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess III on May 9, 14 5:32 AM
These last mini games, with the coins, birds and dragon are very hard for me - I don't have a very precise mouse, here ;-).

Anyway, finally, I did the first. Broke the developers record, even.

BUT: I don't get gold for it! The shield stays silver...

Okay, I don't really need to see that bear. Bugs me just the same.

Later, after trying the first level again in one go: There he is, that bear. Okay, then :-).

posted in Iron Sea Defenders on May 6, 14 3:26 AM
Right, what they said: Hearts disappearing for no reason, plus the usual mac complaints as no choice of difficulty level, never enough anchors to gain.

PLUS: Om higher levels, ships "disappear". They will still be shot at, but pile up on a spot before the first gun(s). They are not visible any longer, but their target icon and bar is. Only it never diminishes, or does so very slowly. And of course, they won't ever move on....

Seriously: I have been quite happy with all my games up to now, hardly any glitches. So for the new series of "Defender" games, I updated to 10.9.2 and bought them unseen. Can't help feeling a bit cheated and much disappointed.

You really made a bloody mess of this, and it would be highly appreciated if anyone at least took notice.

posted in Rebuild the European Union on Feb 20, 14 6:59 AM
Quite...

What ever would we do without you, ActionWorks ;-)!

posted in Strike Solitaire 2: Seaside Season on Feb 19, 14 1:19 PM
Yep - 10.6.8, no chance. Deleted it after three tries.

(I quite like the fact that when I don't pay attention and want to download something that will only work from 10.7 on up, it gives a polite notice. So why put something on there that plain won't even start up?!)

posted in Rebuild the European Union on Feb 19, 14 12:26 PM
Thanks, ActionWorks - I hadn't really seen that bloody cart either ;-).

Of course now it's all terribly easy....

posted in Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures on Jan 3, 14 12:09 PM
Oh- YES :-).

Probably the most fascinating game in a long while. Hard, yeah. But so very satisfying when you finally get gold on one of those that just took one more try, and one more, and....

Also, mostly nice music. Addictive, challenging AND pretty.

Thank you, people!

posted in Glimmer on Sep 21, 13 7:33 AM
I bought this one out of sheer curiosity for the bad comments ;-).

Yeah, it is not really challenging. You can't lose. But it's pretty, it's different, the story makes you wonder and the sounds aren't obnoxious.
Nice one to relax and just slowly get on with it :-D.

(It didn't lose my progress. But then, I wasn't able to put a name on it anyway.(on a mac 10.6))

And now I've finished it, I must say, I liked that story!

posted in Druid Kingdom on Jul 5, 13 12:15 PM
Yes. They all have a point. If you're not willing to do this for hours and hours, you're going exactly nowhere. Nowhere near gold, that is.

However: I must say, I have rarely enjoyed one of these games for so long. I'm pretty sure that even after you've bought all the relevant upgrades - which I haven't, yet - there will still be some levels you can hardly win. This makes it challenging for much longer than all these others where gold is easily attainable first time around.

I have been frustrated and have given up on several games.
But this one still seems worth it, somehow ;-).

posted in Royal Defense: Invisible Threat on Jun 15, 13 2:00 AM
Okay - same here, on the mac 10.6.8.

Download okay, no opening. I must say, I do download - AND buy - heaps of these silly little games, so am not really motivated to go an get treated like a child by the support team - even if they are a friendly lot ;-).

There's clearly something decidedly wrong here, so maybe you guys should indeed take a careful look at it.....

Yeah well... You do get clues for the first two goes - emptying right and left side. But what about the third? You can empty it, but remove nothing. And there doesn't seem to be a third clue about.

Aha! Never mind. Found it ;-).

posted in Pizza, Pizza! on Apr 11, 13 12:52 PM
Came here especially to hear about what you all thought about the music. It's really why I bought that thing, to be honest! Very nice.

Because: Pretty, it is NOT. I hesitate to call those "graphics", at all.

Since there don't seem to be any more items to buy after the first row, I also find it annoying that these just sit there. (Okay, there are more. Not any prettier, though).Then again - not that there's much to look at anyway.
(Especially after playing something like "dark parables", everything here looks like some newbie's been playing around with fonts and beginner's icons.)

But as I said: Sound makes up for it all. Very relaxing. Quite the absorbing mind-number after a long, hard day ;-)!

Plus: Only at stage "spinach" at the moment, so it seems to be going on for a while, which is a very good thing.

posted in Deep Voyage on Sep 9, 12 8:02 AM
It does keep freezing. I'm on a mac (10.6.8), so this is no biggie for me. But it sure does freeze, a whole lot more than any other game I've seen.

And it has been doing so from early levels all through the game - until 103, on which I seem to be stuck for good ;-).

posted in Wings of Horus on Aug 23, 12 9:55 AM
It is certainly the hardest, let me tell you. Seems it's important to get the specials filled, so just match anything you can as quickly as possible....

posted in 4 Elements II on Jun 3, 12 8:27 AM
Yes, me too ;-).
Love it. Even if it's undemanding and a bit "Disney-ish" indeed. It just seems - generous, somehow. Lots of things happening, lots of cute details to watch.

I'd certainly get it for all my kids, if I had any ;-)!

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on May 12, 12 8:55 AM
I liked it a lot. One of the most beautiful I've found, really.
It does have its challenging boards, but on the whole, it was rather easy.
Still. The beauty of it, absence of nasty sounds and even a reasonable story line make up for that, in my book.

One I'd gladly request - and there aren't many of those.

(Request not to the ultimate game freak, but to someone looking for entertainment that's not at all insulting to either eyes, ears or brain ;-).)

posted in 7 Gates: The Path to Zamolxes on May 6, 12 3:49 AM
Probably not a mac issue, since others have reported it. But here, too, on 3-1, the middle bottom tile just keeps renewing....

- and yeah, works on the second try. Still. Not nice :-).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator