Posts created by BlueHolocaust

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 30, 12 10:14 AM
I may have posted about this in the wrong forum before, so here I go again...

This game has glitched out on me; when I got the Hexagon Mirror, it didn't go into my inventory and I now have nothing to do... except the puzzle that requires the Hexagon Mirror! So unless the game puts the mirror down instead of into your inventory and I've missed it, I can't continue. I'm going to reinstall and try again; it's a pity, as I was quite liking this one so far.

posted in Hodgepodge Hollow on Aug 30, 12 10:10 AM
You know, I love creepy games with ghosts and murderers and abandoned hospitals full of small brown hidden objects. But I cannot get over how much I love Hodgepodge Hollow.

It reminds me of when I was young and devoured fantasy books, falling into a brighter world. It's a cute game with a real fairy tale feel to it. The art is both gorgeous and adorable - real shades of Froud and Rebecca Guay. The music fits the atmosphere and is unobtrusive in that nice way that doesn't have you muting all sounds if you get stuck. The plot is quite simple, but has a nice twitch in its tail. The hidden objects range from RIGHT THERE to what I'd call pretty challenging - I have a good few HOGs under my belt now and I still find myself using the help key on replays. The potion minigame is fun, similar to Deadtime Stories (another favourite of mine) but not particularly difficult. All in all the game is medium-long in length. I have owned it for quite a while now and have replayed it maybe four times. There must be a sequel in there somewhere... right? *hopes*

A real feel-good game. Safe for pretty much all the family. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a blast of fantasy in their gaming life.

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Aug 30, 12 9:56 AM
Both thumbs up! I loved this one. The graphics reminded me a little of the early Discworld games (and Josh Kirby's covers!), but they're up to date and clear - they have to be, as some of the hidden objects are pretty hard. For me, that's a plus! Beautiful use of colour, decent music, nice (if a little simple) plot, AWESOME sense of humour. I started looking for the sequel as soon as I'd finished.

One minor niggle - Brunhilda's voice acting. She's a little flat and she can't pronounce "Filemon".

Other than that, pretty much flawless! I'm waiting in anticipation for Brunhilda II.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Aug 30, 12 9:47 AM
I loved this one. It has gone straight to #1 on my "please make a sequel" list! Look what you guys did, you beat Brunhilda

Also... I am not easily scared. But I was pretty creeped out by this one...

(SPOILER ALERT)

...it's a toss-up what did it; between the witch's voice and her face!

posted in The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage on Aug 29, 12 7:56 PM
queenjessica wrote:I am having the same problem. Found the fuse but can't find anything to take it out.

Don't worry. Keep going and the part you need to detach the hook will show up... iirc it appears when you put one of the caged pets down.

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 21, 12 8:20 PM
Well, this game glitched out on me. I completed the puzzle for the Hexagon Mirror, but the game doesn't recognise it as in my inventory and I can't see it. So I am completely out of things to do except the mirror placing/light puzzle and can't advance. It's a shame. I'm going to try reinstalling. Anyone else had the same problem?

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Sep 15, 10 7:58 PM
I agree. I'm not finished yet - I think I'm in 7 at the moment after a long night's gaming - and I am *so* impressed. More please!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 13, 10 5:41 AM
I agree, I adored this game. It may even knock Dire Grove off my personal top spot! All I have to say to Ghost Ship is - awesome job, please make more!

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Aug 26, 10 5:25 PM
I was completely fine first playthrough and now I'm getting the freeze issue on the first jigsaw too. Bah.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator