Posts created by ajuma

posted in Fantastic Farm on Nov 28, 09 5:19 AM
I love it...I love it...I love it!!! Ranch Rush was ok, but the timer stressed me out. I love the fact that there is a relaxed mode! I can design my farm the way I want and do the activities without the stress of a timer. Some day, if I feel like it, I'll play the timed mode, but right now, I'm having a blast in the untimed mode.

Rating:

posted in Coconut Queen on Nov 26, 09 6:53 AM
I downloaded the trial and came up against the first glitch within a minute of play. Moving the mouse to the edge of the screen does not work to move around the island. You MUST use the arrow keys! I checked the option screen to see if there was a place to check "use mouse", but no. For me, using the arrow keys makes this game hard to play.

posted in Hotel Dash: Suite Success on Nov 21, 09 7:36 AM
Well, I played it for a bit and it was ok. The elevator is driving me crazy though. Flo keeps going up with the luggage before the guests get there. I'll have to play it longer to see if it holds my interest, but up to now, it's a

posted in I SPY ™ Spooky Mansion Deluxe on Nov 20, 09 3:40 AM
Yeah, just checked and it was released in 2004. I remember playing it and, while it was a great game at the time, these types of games have improved a LOT in 5 years!

I'm STILL looking for a game to spend my credits on. Haven't seen one to hold my interest in quite some time. I'm pretty bored with Hogs.

posted in Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ on Nov 15, 09 6:47 AM
I agree!! This is such a cool game. Some of the puzzles are kind of tough, but it's good to challenge my brain now and then!

There are so many scenes, I'm sure I'll never remember where everything is, so I think the replay value will be pretty good.

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 12, 09 8:26 AM
Well if you .05 version, the only ghosts you'll get is if you find your peep dead when you enter the game, then quickly close it. When you go back, you'll see that the person has died twice!

Before the .05 version, I understand that they happened quite often! I'm really sad that I have the .05 version, and I have no ghosts!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess on Nov 11, 09 11:44 PM
Here's the link for the walkthrough written by Phaedras Phantasy (hope I spelled that right!) S/he did a GREAT job. I got all golds by following the directions.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/48211.page

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 11, 09 7:51 AM
danajoy wrote:I've had the other VILLAGER games and they are more active. Virtual Family is more boring than my OWN family! I wish there were four or five "families" to watch over as in the VILLAGER games. I"m tired of them washing their hair or reading recipes. ugh

There are!!!! Just click on your name on the first screen and you'll see 4 additional slots for games!

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 11, 09 7:47 AM
First you buy the pail of stuff and set it next to the hose on the front porch. The hose must be repaired before you can repair the wall. I suggest waiting until you have some teenagers (over 14) in the house and have them do it. Pick up one of the peeps and s/he will carry the bucket to the workshop wall. Then drop the peep (try to use several!) on the bucket and they will start repairing the wall. DON'T STOP!!!! If you let them go away to do other things, the stuff will dry up and you'll have to start again by buying a new bucket. Every time someone wanders away from the wall, pick them back up and put them on the bucket.

Good luck and have fun!

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 11, 09 7:44 AM
Don't buy anything except for food, or medicine if you need it, for the first generation or so. Keep the money in the bank where it earns 10% interest! When you want to buy an upgrade, have double the amount of the upgrade in the bank. Don't buy the luxury items until you have all the room upgrades done. Consider having only 1 or 2 children in the first generation so mom can work more and food will cost less. Buy the cheapest food. When the organic breads go on sale, stock up!!250 units of food for $15 instead of $15 for 150 of the regular.

Have fun and good luck!

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 11, 09 7:38 AM
Once you start a new generation, your ghosts will be gone....but I kind of like them!

posted in Virtual Families on Nov 11, 09 7:30 AM
Yeah, once you get mega amounts of money, there seems to be some kind of glitch. Keep track of how much money you earn/collect for a bit, then exit and re-enter the game. See if the amount has registered.

FYI: There seems to be a HUGE glitch when you hit generation 30!! If I were you, I'd save gen 29 in case some weird things happen. You might want to check LDW forums to read more about the problem.

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 11, 09 6:30 AM
I'm wondering how long this game is. It's a cute game and I've played most of the demo, but I'm not sure it'll give me my money's worth. I like some HOGs and this one seems pretty cute, but what happens at the end? Can you keep playing and changing your garden? How would you rate the replay value? Will I be bored the second time around?

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Oct 27, 09 9:19 AM
That is strange. I assume you have all of the needed ingredients and are at the Tokyo factory....right?

posted in Bettys Beer Bar on Oct 26, 09 7:15 AM
BBB was one of the first, if not THE first time management game ever. I played it a long time ago and loved it. I bought it this time for the $2.99 price and I'm enjoying it this time, too. Yeah, the graphics are pretty ancient, and the game is somewhat repetitive and boring....but I still like it! for sentimental value!

You of the younger generation are spoiled by great graphics (as I am now). I can remember when Pong was played on a black and green screen!

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 24, 09 6:35 PM
So, exactly how do you use the alt/ctl/del? When my task manager comes up and says that the game is running, do I close it, then go back in?

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 24, 09 6:10 PM
The best advice I can give is to leave your game running (don't pause it) at night. Your peeps need a good nights sleep, just as you do! I find that my peeps tend to get tired around 7 pm. Just close your game and leave it running. In the morning, they should be fine!

If you're playing your game mostly in the evening, go to the options screen and choose "reverse day/night". Leave it running (your computer can be off and the game still goes on!) all day. When you get home in the evening, they should be ok. Just make sure that there is enough food for them. I use 200 units of food per peep per day as a guideline.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 22, 09 4:43 AM
Usually about 4 hours...sometimes a couple of minutes more or less.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 21, 09 7:55 AM
I'm really close. I've got 97 trophies. Just need a few more socks and spots...plus the perfect match!

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 21, 09 4:32 AM
Yeah, you pretty much can't tell if a peep has a major infection unless a) the peep gets sick really quickly twice in a row
b) the peep gets sick, then gets sick again in a short time, or c) doing a dr. consult when the peep is sick. I had one girl who had ALL of the illnesses herself!!! Poor thing....cost me a fortune in meds and dr. consults!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator