Posts created by alvertis5706

posted in The Great Tree on Jul 12, 10 3:26 PM
I googled The Great Tree, and found the developers website which has some info.
Somebody in their forums asked about the "ancient fire power", so I have a little better understanding of that, but there's not much else there. One of the Mod's said there is a "manual" file tied to the game, but I didn't find one with my BigFish download. The website does have a description of "characters" which can give you some insight into what all the different bugs are capable of. eg I swore one of those bugs was nosediving straight at me; turns out I was right, that's what it does!

I also learned about this game from another gamer; I would never have found it on my own! It's unique gameplay is quite entertaining!

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 12:57 AM
Is it thumbs down because you wanted an adventure game release, or because you didn't notice that it's described as a hidden object game ???????

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jul 11, 10 12:52 AM
This was a DD bargain buy for me; and I agree that it is a great game. I haven't had any technical difficulties (yet!), and everything plays perfectly on my laptop with Vista.

tocbooks posted the following in the technical problems thread; maybe it will help some others:

"Try unchecking Aspect Ratio in the game's Options menu. I crashed, had long load waits, and had very jerky gameplay before, but after unchecking that option, the game works and runs like a dream"

posted in Super Smasher on Jul 9, 10 12:53 PM
"I'm not into arcade games" either......except, I'm finding (thanks to having demos to try), that I sorta love smashing and blowing up things! I have never had good manual dexterity, so I started this game at the lowest difficulty out of 3 levels available. You start off slowly popping balloons, and as the levels advance, there are balloons going in every direction, characters who jump in front of your targets, and certain balloons that need multiple clicks. You earn tokens to allow you into a Smashing Saucer game, where you need to hit certain plates as they go by on a conveyer, and avoid hitting other ones. You pick up "tickets" to go into another "minigame", which essentially is a blitz game ......I failed this 3 times, so somebody else might want to comment on it !!!
Besides 3 levels of difficulty, there are 2 modes of gameplay: Smash Quest and Smash Mania. You start with the Quest mode, then you can play the completed levels in Mania mode for a more difficult game eg. in the 1st level in Mania mode, you MUST pop all the balloons in a group, or lose points.
I can see where this could become one of those obsessive-compulsive-just-one-more-level type of games. Your number of hits and percentage of hits are also recorded, and there's always the goal of trying to improve them, along with your
over-all score.
After 10 rounds of balloons, you start throwing pies........
So do you like to smash things?? Maybe you should buy this game......

posted in Fishdom 2 on Jul 7, 10 12:57 PM
For those of us with Fishdom Obsessive-Compulsive disease (just one more level....just one more level...), it's nice to have some new items in the game.
This includes the M-3 creatures, the tank items to purchase, and the tanks themselves. I've always liked the timed version, even tho I've had to do some boards over 3 times; but for those who want totally relaxed play, there's now the untimed option. I've only played the original Fishdom, and there were a couple of things on this one that I had to get used to. The board and the squares are smaller and looked "minature" to me (this was in full screen mode), and the power-up bombs and the lightening blend in more, so they are more difficult to notice.
During the demo, I guess I became accustomed to this (Fishies gotta be adaptable!!). At the end, I like the change-ups from the 1st version, but I really really want that 4th tank in the premium edition!!

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 5, 10 1:06 PM
Is there any logic as to when the pest magnet plant activates ??? It seems arbitrary; is it? Or is there something I can do to help it along?
And does someone have a strategy for the fertilizer plant? I bought one and felt it was just another place to click on, and really didn't do too much to 'help' me.
I sold it back and bought another pest magnet plant. SMASH THEM BUGS !!!!!!

posted in Galapago on Jul 5, 10 1:49 AM
This is a funny match-3 game. The creatures to match run on and off the board in a floppy seal like gait....at the end when they leave, there is a 'bonus frenzy' where you click on them like crazy to get extra points. I had to laugh every time I went into maniac mode to end the level. There are various power-ups you earn by getting combos: tile exchange, shuffles, a tile burner, etc. It can be played in relaxed or timed mode, and you can switch between them.
The BFG description says it is 75 levels; I finished 10 levels in about 1/2 hour.
The levels start at easy and advance...I can see replay value in this one, if nothing else to improve your scores.
I think I'll buy it just to make my Fishdom creatures jealous.......

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 4, 10 7:01 PM
Excellant advice!! I've been shooting myself in the foot not having blooms that I previously sold off............

BTW, does anyone else take '9 days' to do a '2 day' task ??? LOL !!!!!

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 4, 10 10:11 AM
I too was pleasantly surprised by this game. I generally shy away from ones labeled "time management".......hate the ones where you walk people around, and tend to get bored with the burger/pizza shops. This game has a nice variety of tasks to keep you busy, and keep your attention riveted....I found myself constantly trying to juggle all tasks and found myself getting agitated about my money (lack of) situation. It really is an absorbing game.
I also have a laptop touchpad, but I developed a 2 hand approach while playing Zuma: one hand uses the clicker on the pad, and the other directs the cursor.
I love zapping the bugs!!

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 4, 10 9:59 AM
I'll make you all feel better about your experience: Guess who needed money and immediately sold off the giggling potion that was supposed to complete the task.........duh. Big duh.

posted in Dream Chronicles on Jul 3, 10 3:45 PM
I skipped weighing on the scale, and just did the posts at the gates......it seemed to work fine that way; and a lot less work.

posted in Dream Chronicles on Jul 3, 10 3:40 PM
You have to find 2 gears and a crank stick to repair the gear mechanism; then the puppet heads come off and go in your inventory, and you have to put them back on the correct bodies. (gold helmet with gold armor, silver with silver, joker and king on correct bodies)

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 24, 10 3:46 AM
The comb is on the side of the tv moniter. Have you been using the hints on the upper right hand side of the guide panel? You have a limited number of hints there for each level of the game. Rather than use up all your hints when you have that last item you cant find, click on "map", and just go to a different room. Doing it this way, you dont waste game time, and once you find the total number of items listed at the bottom of the panel, you are done, even if you didnt initially find some items. I hate to tell you, if you're worrying about the comb now, you're in for plenty of trouble later !!!

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 19, 10 3:33 AM
I also say 'yay' to the nasty dark ones, preferably with all the snakes and toads you can find (or not find).
Has anyone mentioned umbrellas ?????? closed umbrellas, open umbrellas, japanese umbrellas.........etc etc etc.

posted in Little Space Duo on Jun 15, 10 2:09 AM
I figured out how to jump on and off the elevators......but I'm caught in the "maze" and can't get out!! What I felt I needed was to see the whole layout at once in order to figure my way out, but all I got was sections of it at a time...........I'd like to hear from someone who makes it thru level 1; that would be the person to review it!!

posted in Four Houses on Jun 9, 10 1:30 AM
When I started this game, I immediately had a good feel about it, because I had done chinese ink painting for several years, and the beautiful painting-type graphics took me back there. This is a seemingly simple match game, and at first I wasn't sure I would continue it. You match rows of objects by color or type of object, and in later levels, by numbers of objects in each square. As I played, I found the music and the play soothing.....until I screwed up a move! Then it suddenly became more challenging! My whole grid was thrown into confustion, and I struggled to get back in control. So ....maybe not so simple, after all.
This would be a good game to relax (unless you screw up..) and pass some time when you need a change from some of those HOG and Search and Find games.
I would say it's worth $2.99 DD just for the graphics alone.

posted in Caribbean Treasures on May 25, 10 1:15 AM
This is an amusing and fast M-3 game.....nice and mindless for when you are fatigued from all those puzzle games! I was thinking that I hadn't gotten to the pop-ups that LilyCat referred to; but then realized that was the part I found amusing.
A voodoo mask (each with it's own name) jumps up to challenge you to another board-clearing game. If you accept and win, you go to the next level and a big portion of that board is cleared so you gain time on it. If you accept and lose, you are punished by doing the previous level over. A good enough game for the
$2.99 DD.

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on May 21, 10 3:37 AM
And he just winked at me !!!! I could hardly do this scene because I kept laughing!! And then his "black card" is revealed...................Ha !!!
And the crabby monkey!!! Ha !! some more!

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on May 18, 10 7:47 PM
It's a buy for me..........I like that it is a 'logical HOG'; ie there's a reason you have to find those hidden things, and something you'll have to use them for.
Yes, some items were small, but on the whole, they were findable due to sharp graphics ( I hate fuzzy scapes!). So far, the minigames have also been relatable to the story, which doesn't always happen in HOGs. And about that romance stuff:
I've learned not to prejudge, after being sucked into Dream Day Wedding..never thought I would be playing a game with that title!

posted in Zen Fashion on May 18, 10 5:15 PM
Ditto: using Vista, and after installing and trying to run, it tells me .exe file is not working.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator