Posts created by Coronagold

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 4:31 AM
"Error downloading". POS

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 4:21 AM
The reason they came out with a $20 CE HOG is because we've been jonesing for a decent game for 2 weeks now. Drug pushers, pimps and politicians use the same method.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy on Mar 7, 10 5:20 AM
Wake me when something decent comes along.

posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 6, 10 5:21 AM
doctorgood wrote:Guess I'll play "Super stars of poker III" and wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Dr.good

Today has nothing. Guess we'll have to wait for the latter half of March.

posted in Time Riddles: The Mansion on Mar 5, 10 8:08 AM
Is Flux Family or Enlightenus gonna create sequels or what? The past week has been kinda fuddy duddy.

posted in Public Enemies: Bonnie and Clyde on Mar 3, 10 5:37 AM
Items are waaaay too small. And I'm not particularly fond of anyone honking their car horn every 10 seconds.

It figures. After I buy a whole bunch of good games, now that I've got some credits, a plethora of junk is published.

posted in Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills on Mar 1, 10 6:45 AM
I hung up after 15 minutes. The cutting edge of 2005 is just a tad passe. Who built this game? Lawyers?

The only problem I had was in the extra chapter after finishing the game. In order to "back out" of certain currently unplayable rooms or scenarios, I found out through trial & error (mostly error) that you must place your cursor within the lower "laundry list" field and click.
I had set my cursor as system cursor, that may have been a factor.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 10:13 AM
I knew I was going to buy it after 5 minutes of the demo. Great graphics and story. Nice to see surreal gameplay that doesn't involve tarot cards, astronomy, witchcraft, alchemy, etc. Just good vs bad. I had a feeling that kid was off, but then later I started to trust a little. Trippy. I never realized the biiiig arrows can be turned off, as per that previous post somewhere above this one.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 19, 10 6:23 AM
Yeah, I got through every stage (including the lion statues) and have 4 butterflies and a scroll and am staring at a pool before the Taj Mahal with 5 colored pillars in it & have no clue what to do next. And the games' navigation is less than desirable.

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Feb 17, 10 5:10 AM
I've heard better voice acting in You Tube Robot Theater clips. She is definitely not Kate Walker.

It's.........stuck!

posted in The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect on Jan 30, 10 12:24 PM
I definitely need a walkthrough to see if the location in ancient Egypt isn't bugged.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 7:46 AM
"Trilogy" means 3. "Chapter 1" means there are more chapters.

I'm curious to the length of play. I still remember being bitten by The Forgotten: Chapter 1. It was good but too short. And it eventually went the way of Ralph Bakshis' Lord Of The Rings Part 1 and Mel Brooks' History Of The World Part 1.

Great graphics, I like the widescreen format. I'm not a big fan of 360 nodes like I used to be back when I had an equilibrium. But seeing how graphic intense it is I get the feeling most of the games' resources are geared toward that and less toward a lengthier game. If it said 300,000 KB download I'd have bought it by now. I get the feeling they're taking a good lengthy adventure game and chopping it up into three 2-hour chunks in order to make 3X as much. I don't blame them for trying, but it's not really good PR, is it.

I liked this game for the extra levels itself. So much better than the extras in Dire Grove which I thought were a bit weak. True, Dire Grove gave a bit more mystery but this game, albeit a trifle weak on the hard puzzles side, gave a good sense of being a game about itself. I enjoyed it, and its length.

Homer (blank stare) - "Drugs, yeah, ya gotta have drugs."

So many friggin brainwashed children here. "How dare BF make money! You're supposed to give us all games Free or as close to free as often as possible! Our Skittle Unicorn Lord and Savior gubmint told us so!" Mmm mmm mmm! Grow up, or go back to your bedroom or your parents' basement (as if you ever really left).

I personally think it's great that BF is trying to make capitalism work. Yes, what you call Evil Capitalism. Because you just goshdarn know BF is really in it for Halliburton, Big Oil, Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Wall Street, Banks, Insurers, and any white man that ever drove a Coupe DeVille. Cheney, the proud owner of BF, laughs at you.
MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

jeez

posted in Samantha Swift: Mystery From Atlantis on Dec 16, 09 3:43 PM
Other than that I love this game. I'd say quite a tad easier than the last 2, but it's still very charming.

posted in Samantha Swift: Mystery From Atlantis on Dec 16, 09 3:42 PM
It looks like almost everyone gets those access violation glitches on the same puzzle. The only way I could get around it was jump back to the main menu and hit Play again. Oddly enough the game was exactly where I progressed to when I got that warning. By jumping out & then in again it would buy me an extra 30-60 seconds to advance before another violation occurred. Eventually I got thru it.
The 2nd access violation is more sinister though. It happens near the end of the game during the vid clip of Sam & friends on their boat ride back home. I can't bypass that one.

posted in Samantha Swift: Mystery From Atlantis on Dec 16, 09 3:33 PM
I had a few access violations too. One at that puzzle where you guide the colored spheres toward the center by rotating the rings, and the other near the end of the game during the video sequence when Samantha and her 2 friends are on a boatride going back home. I can't bypass that latter access violation like I could with the earlier colored ball puzzle.

shadowfax44 wrote:Do most of you agree, or disagree, that the bonus features are worth the extra $13?? The money I got from my grandma for Christmas is riding on your answer

I think the walkthrough alone is worth the $13. Sure beats firing up Firefox and going on line every time I needed to access it. Other than that, I think the standard version of this game will give you just as much fun.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator