Posts created by Tauret

OK, I was just going to let it go, but I have to ask......

I am quite baffled by some things in the demo. I will spoiler them so as not to “give anything away” to anyone who hasn’t yet played the demo. You will have to highlight to read.

First, Why is the Sheriff’s cabin outside the city gates? Seems rather counterproductive. All a criminal has to do is enter and lock the gate to keep you out while he goes about his crime spree.

Second Why are the men dressed modestly in reasonably appropriate clothing for the time frame but Dolores is dressed very provocatively in an underwire bustier and satin skirt? Keep in mind there were no bustiers in 1200’s Spain and her style of dress is nothing like what women wore in the 1200’s.

Third Why did Dolores lounge around the front of her house when her son got taken against his will instead of following so that she could get him back or better yet finding her husband the Sheriff so that he could help her.

Here again, why is the Sheriff’s house outside the village gates? Considering that it’s most likely that he goes to his home after he closes his “office” cabin he would be even further from the village in case of trouble.

What happened to the Vatican Secret Agent’s horse? He rides into town and shazam, the horse disappears. Same with the wolf, you feed it and it disappears. Several other things to that too and I found it distracting.

And while I could go on, let me just ask one more Why does the Vatican Secret Agent do nothing after he finds out that Augustine is threatening and murdering people? He makes no attempt to find and protect the old woman Augustine has repeatedly said he intends to murder. He makes no attempt to restrain Augustine even after heis attacked by the man several time. He wanders around stealing things from other people’s homes then when he meets the Sheriff’s wife, all decked out like a Moulin Rouge hooker he promises to help find her son. All of this instead of focusing on the reason he was sent to that town in the first place.

Thanks for your time..

posted in Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 15 4:44 AM
I guess I'm the odd fish out here. I'm very aware of "Please and Thank You" so far as my usage. But I don't presume that others follow the same rules and manners I do. I don't communicate much in this forum, but when I do offer help or an idea that might help another person I might check back with that thread for a day or two just to see if they have any other questions but I never check back to see if they have thanked me. I'm happy to help, whether I get thanked for it or not.

Keep your dorsal fin up.
Tauret

posted in Mythic Wonders: Child of Prophecy Collector's Edition on May 23, 15 3:52 PM
I'm tired of Witchcraft and Witches being portrayed as evil and ugly.

I know there is a difference between "story book" witches and other magic practitioners and real life Witches and Magic Practitioners but it still seems that many judge real life magic on the basis of story book information.

I don't mind magic and witchcraft being the subject of a game, I just wish it would be a representation of what real Magic and Witchcraft are about.

posted in Mahjong Carnaval 2 on May 18, 15 9:06 AM
bedpanally wrote:Is there a walkthrough available for the above game, please? Many thanks.

I don't see one listed, bedpanally.

If you are stuck you might try cruising through the Game Forum threads for that game. Here is a link for you:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/4248.page

Keep your dorsal fin up.
Tauret

posted in Greed: Forbidden Experiments on Mar 24, 15 4:22 AM
Sorry you had a slow download. Took me about a minute and a half.

I have Google Fiber as my ISP now and what a change that made. I rarely have downloads that take over three minutes.

Good Luck to you.
Tauret

read61 wrote:Purchased the game and have been waiting patiently for BFG to address the Trojan issue but they seem to be ignoring it. Taking a chance and downloading it but if I get a notification from McAfee I will be asking for a refund. Running Windows 7. I've never had a problem before this and really hope I don't have one this time. Quite surprised, I thought BFG guaranteed their games to be virus-free.....?

Hi red61,

I use Comodo virus protection and I got no notice of any type of virus threat with the game.

This isn't the first time I have seen that people ask questions about virus warnings but from what I can tell (I'm not techie - far from it) those have been false positives and no one has ever gotten a virus from a BFG game.

Hope this helps,
Tauret

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 14 9:41 AM
The survey must not have gone out to all Game Club Members because I didn't get one.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 14 8:09 AM
There is a difference between a "helper" in a game and a "helpful character". A helper is an adjunct character that the story can do without. A helpful character is an integral part of the story. Mira isn't a "helper" she is a “helpful character”.

You, as protagonist in the game, are tasked with protecting Mira and helping her get her father and the other healers back from the bad guys. Her inclusion is what prompts the protagonist to take certain actions and to move the game and story forward.

Granted Mira tries to help the protagonist, but so does her father Sirius. Sirius has left helpful notes through the workrooms for the protagonist to find. But, here again, Sirius is a helpful character, not a helper. If we remove all the helpful characters from a game we are left with the protagonist against the bad guys with no story, no background, no clues as to what action to take, no reason to fight the bad guys and no reason to play the game.

My personal opinion? I didn’t like the Mira character. She is supposed to be ready to take on the tasks of a full-fledged healer but she is too immature and too bumbling for that role. I would have preferred a more mature helpful character in her place. But, someone needs to fill that role, within the context of the storyline. Unlike a “helper” you can’t just cut out the Mira character and not provide a replacement.

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 14 11:55 AM
Spirit or Talking Boards have been in use far longer than “Quija” boards have been mass-marketed. Whether you consider a Quija board a toy or a tool it, in and of itself, is not evil. Few things are.

Many of us, myself included, have imagery, plot points or situations that make us uncomfortable. I have given up on several demo’s when the artwork or storyline venture too far into my “sensitive” zone.

That being said, Ouija boards and crystal balls don’t bother me. I don’t use a Spirit Board though I have seen some really beautiful handmade ones. But, I treasure my crystal ball as it helps me focus when meditating.

If anyone feels that a Quija board might open the door to unwelcome experiences, whether used as a toy or a tool, they should avoid them. If they become uncomfortable with depictions of Quija boards in a game, then avoid the game.

But recognize that any item, plot point or situation that makes you uncomfortable may be acceptable to someone else. BFG simply can’t please everyone with their game offerings. You have only to read the game reviews here in the Game Forums and on the Game Page to know that not everybody likes every game. If BFG were to sell only games that everybody liked then they would have nothing to sell.

Keep your dorsal fin up
Tauret

twinsoniclab wrote:You misunderstood. "Boob" is the word I referred to as "gentle." Or, as my adult daughter sees it, "tame."

Then again, in context of sibling teasing or chiding even, "idiot" or "simpleton" wouldn't be that terrible! I would never call anyone online a name though. Or in real life unless I knew them well and we were like minded. I might call them boobs if they deserve it though!

I am confused though. You bought up the use of the word in the first place, in reference to those who might post a spoiler. You used it in quite a gentle, silly way. Now it's a bad word?

Of course, I don't see it a spoiler to mention what tale the game is based on. It's a Grimm brothers tale. Since the original post asked which one, I will risk it by saying "The Six Swans." That gives nothing away, since we know about the swans early in the demo.

You have misunderstood my post at the top of this page. I was dead serious when I said I didn't want to risk being called a boob. I find it insulting and in no way "gentle" or "silly".

twinsoniclab wrote:
Tauret wrote:I don't consider being called an "idiot" or a "simpleton" a term of endearment. It's an insult here and/or in the real world.

At least in the real world I can openly respond with my preferred term(s) which would, unfortunately, be ****'d out by the auto censor.

Notice I said we use it in my family! It's a rare family who doesn't say to other members, "Don't be an idiot," when they do something stupid or they disagree. Especially between siblings. It isn't a insult in my "real world" when taken in the context I described it! It is because we are close we know it isn't meant seriously.

Now, an insult that gets ****d out? That is probably not a word my family calls each other. I can't imagine responding to anyone in the real world with a word like that either!

I think it would be appropriate to say, "Don't be a boob" to anyone over reacting about the use of the word! Not saying anyone has, just in general if this discussion continues! Perhaps it a matter of locality? Words have more meaning in some places than others? Where I live "boob" is a gentle word! Like a silly blue footed booby... or Homer Simpson.

Sorry, but calling someone an idiot or a simpleton isn't "gentle".

Thank goodness we are from different families, yes?

I don't consider being called an "idiot" or a "simpleton" a term of endearment. It's an insult here and/or in the real world.

At least in the real world I can openly respond with my preferred term(s) which would, unfortunately, be ****'d out by the auto censor.

Hi,

It states on the Dev's site which fairy tale the game is based on. Not sure why it isn't included in BFG's info about the game, but since it isn't I won't name the story. Wouldn't want to risk being called a boob and ruining the game for anyone that doesn't go to other sites for game info and/or doesn't want to be told here what the Dev's say there.

Keep your dorsal fin up
Tauret

posted in The House on Usher on Jul 16, 14 2:05 PM
Spoiler...highlight to see

When I played the demo I found that in some cases the items for the clean-up were drinking glasses, little rubber duckies and strawberries, in addition to the bugs and cobwebs.

There were some things I didn't like about this game, but on the whole I really enjoyed the demo. But, things are just too tiny for me, my eyes were very tired after an hour and I was starting to get a headache. I hope this Dev's next offering is as fun and entertaining but with bigger items.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 6:37 AM
Good Morning,

Tiger, thanks for the reminder.

To anyone concerned that notice these sales is to be privy only to Game Club members:

The sale is mentioned on the Game Splash newsletter that I received this morning so notification of it isn’t exclusive to the Game Manager. To my knowledge, the newsletter is sent to everyone that signs up for it, not jut Game Club members. I know that I continue to get the newsletter whether I am currently a member of the Game Club or taking a break from it.

So, while the code may be Classified, the notification of the offer doesn’t appear to be.

Have a great weekend all and
Keep your dorsal fin up,
Tauret

posted in Sweet Shop Rush on Jun 23, 14 6:26 AM
This game reminded me of Unwell Mel, except that I enjoy a few rounds of Mel on occasion and didn't like this at all. I enjoy having to amass a certain number of different items and can deal with a timer, but I don't like the "serve the customer" part of the game.

I figure that if I gather the right ingredients the completed item should go to the customer and the money should then go into my coffers. I find it tedious that I should have to click on the finished item then click on the money.

I won't be buying this but I hope that anyone who does enjoys it from start to finish.

Keep your dorsal fin up.
Tauret

Nope, you weren’t robbed. Games either give you a “Free 1 hour trial” or “Free Sample Version”. For the Sample there is a set amount of content they let you play and you have however many minutes they give you to finish that Sample content.

This game gives you the Sample. You have 90 minutes to finish the Sample content. If you are a faster player you will reach the end of the Sample content before the timer runs out. If you are a slower player you may not be able to reach the end of the Sample content before the timer runs out.

It will be stated right under the “Play Now” button whether you get a certain amount of time or a Sample.

Keep your dorsal fin up,
Tauret

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill on Jun 15, 14 9:50 AM
A CE vs SE thread can be very helpful. It’s a great place for a CE buyer to post whether the Strategy Guide was a help or not needed and their thoughts on the Bonus Game Play. It’s also a great place for posters to let us know what, if any, of the CE “bling” is included in the SE version.

For example, I typically hate achievements and am wary of cutesy animal helpers but I do like some collectibles and I LOVE morphing objects. If I liked the story and game play from the CE I don’t necessarily need to play the demo of the SE if I can find information I need in a thread like this. Such as if the cutesy animal help remains and if I must dress it or house it or clothe it as I did in the CE, if there are any dreaded achievements left from the CE, if any collectibles or morphers remain.

A thread like this can give me the information I need quickly and easily. While a CE vs SE comparison thread may not appeal to some, it is helpful to some.

As someone who does visit these threads but dislikes the drama and conflict that is becoming more and more prevalent all over the Game Forums my hope is that they continue and posters keep their comments on topic, that any personality clashes or posts that don’t directly relate to the topic are sent by PM, if they must be sent at all.

I come here to read about the differences between CE’s and SE’s not the garbage I all too often find in the threads.

posted in Mysteries of Neverville: The Runestone of Light on Jun 15, 14 8:47 AM
I really enjoyed the trial, liked the story and found the Hint helpful until I reached the Blacksmith shop. Can't advance because I can't figure out what to do next, Hint keeps giving me same unhelpful hint and there is no walkthrough.

So, sadly I will have to pass on this one.

posted in Another Case Solved on May 28, 14 8:37 AM
asalmons wrote:I am only on level 6, but so far, I have not seen anything about friends at all, so I think this is an "on your own" type of game. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's been pretty cool so far. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks so much for you help asalmons!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator