Posts created by dootney

Great game today. I especially like the Match3 choice, not spending my time in the junkpiles and getting on with the adventure is exactly my cup of tea. I must say it aint easy tho but thats what I like not too elementary. I didnt play much of the demo before I decided to buy, Knew from the start I would like it. Thanks to Big Fish and the developers for this little treat.

Wow everything in a game that I like. Nice Intro. Soothing background music. Widescreen. Characters with voiceovers. Interactive IHOGs. Good storyline. New puzzles. Tools found along the way work logically and used the way you would expect them to be used. An extra pickup item. What a great game. Thanks for a nice game thats not brainfrazzling and just relaxing.

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 17, 11 9:57 AM
A Saturday treat for me. Personally, I like wearing sneakers and exploring everywhere when I want to. Makes the game longer. The intro music was nice. It was like Surround Sound in the Movies. Playability is nice and smooth from scene to scene. Junkpiles are not too difficult so far and like wise with the puzz.es. I think its the first time ive actually solved a pipe diagram on my own or the fill in Block Puzzle. The explanations in the Info Section made sense of what they wanted to achieve the intended outcome. I had not finished Chapter One when the Hour demo was over so this will be a long SE for me. Longer than Most CEs and that I like. Thanks Elephant Games, you always come thru and thanks Big Fish for taking it easy on my pocket book today.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 16, 11 5:14 AM
Im stuck there too. I really like the game but not enuff to start all over. I will just guess it has a happy ending. DUH------- What the ??????

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 7:36 AM
I like the game very much. Effort was put into the puzzles. I usually just skip them but not these they were interesting and different to me. I agree with all the positives mentioned in the reviews and I really liked the motion scenes where you are doing things while riding along in the adventure. The junkpiles seemed like they were done by 2 different people and maybe they were cause some were rather easy and others mind boggling, could not have found without Hint button Seems like something came out of nothing. I enjoyed the music and esp. the Disco Scene. Felix was looking good in the Intro. Thanks to the Developers and Big Fish for making this rainly day enjoyable.

Great game. Liked the flow, you pretty much knew when you were finished at a location and did not have to return altho you were free to do so if you wished. That way you dont feel restricted as when it says AREA CLEARED, etc I found some items in the hidden object scenes had new names or names Im not accustomed to and I like that you had to use your noodle. There were quite a few no see ums so you had to touch everything to find the item, and No Click Penalty, I loved that. That way you dont feel punished. I had 2 frustrating moments, the opening of both the main game and the Bonus Adventure, Almost had to use the SG to find out what to do.Could not believe I was stumped at the very beginning but that was all good too. There were also new items in the inventory and new uses for them. Some you could hardly believe and had to laugh. Overall i thought this was a very good game. Thanks to the developers who went out of their way to make this worth playing. Thanks Big Fish for a nice Sunday game.

Really enjoyed this game. I liked the interaction in the Hidden Object Scenesl You werent penalized for feeling around and touching things to find what you needed. Some search scenes in some games expect every touch of the screen to be a hit and missed are not tolerated. I agree with all the nice things said about this game by everyone and am looking forward to the Undertaker. Bring it on.

Not just a good game, but a GREAT game. The best one Ive played for a long time. Cant wait for the sequel. I thought the Crime Board was an asset and a marvelous idea. More of these please.

Thanks to all of you for the Reviews and Comments Sections today Im buying without trying to save download time. The video also helped convince me. It was comprehensive, explained what was included in the whole game.

posted in Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper on Aug 30, 11 3:59 AM
Kind of Cut and Dry, no frills game and I like it. You know what to expect from the Game Title.. So far, the puzzles have been rather easy and I hope they remain so, not much in for a challenge today Not much trouble with the Junkpiles yet but I did use a couple of hints to speed things up during demo, which I demoed about 50 minutes, was into Chapter 2 by that time. Liked the Opening Scene. Looks like we wont be using much foot leather today. I dont usually like that but for this game its OK. Not familiar with London at all. Im wondering how many chapters it is? Anyway I purchased it and looking forward to the rest of the story.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition on Aug 28, 11 6:50 AM
Thanks Megwoman25 for acknowleding my concerns about this game. I was ready for a game today, but this aint it Im afraid.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition on Aug 28, 11 1:32 AM
Not knocking the game, just too elementary. I only played about 10 minutes and when i discovered that you use the map for navigation instead of moving around on your own I was done. And who ever goes to the stable first. Seemed to lack logic for me. I am sure others will like it. Maybe what I experienced was just the introductory or something. I will read other comments and see if maybe I misinterpreted what was happening. I am sure children will love this game. Big Fish serves everybody Im happy to say. Have a nice day all.

posted in The Secrets of Arcelia Island on Aug 27, 11 9:12 AM
Im with you today Rebecca-Lily this is a treat compared to yesterdays, you put it well Puzzle Swamp. I will probably never finish that game til Xmas. I like todays game it is relaxing. Not having a SG readily at hand I have to work out what I have to do and I kind of like that too. Nice little adventure so far, just the right amount of everything, Hog scenes, puzzles and adventrue. I like the graphics and having no problem with cursor when moving from scene to scene. I realize there is a Walkthru but Im reluctant to go in and out of game to use it, makes the game last longer. I also like the fact that it has widescreen option whoppee and an item Hog instead of FROG, altho the FROGs lately have become quite imaginative and I dont mind them so much anymore. Thanks Big Fish for a nice Saturday Game. I wonder if we will still have CE Sunday this week. If so, I am going to be stone broke.

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 11 7:02 AM
A nice charming game that will last a long time for me. It will take me many sittings as I am puzzled out for now. Its definitely for concentrating and paying attention to everything. Something tells me I will be finishing this game this winter when I am snowed in and cant get out of the house. I like the graphics, music and the storyline, can play along with the grandkids without worrying about scary things popping out. Good job Boom Zap.

posted in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost on Aug 24, 11 4:48 PM
This game is so cracy that I love it. Do this but cant do it until you do it the way I want it done, reminds me of some of the bosses I used to have. Dont miss the junkpiles at all today. Ive been laughing my head off. Unique puzzles and I am glad that they are playable without playing the whole game and I will because im really taking advantage of the skip to move on in the game. Lots of imagination put into this game. I hope you make some more of these. Nice middle of the week break.
Thanks Big Fish, better than some of the CEs lately.

posted in Sonya Collector's Edition on Aug 21, 11 5:54 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews today from everyone. Because of that I bought without trying, saves a lot of time try, download, buy download etc. This is really a beautiful and enjoyable game. Nice gameplay, smooth transition from scene to scene. Distinguishable items in the junkpiles, nice background music and YES stretchable screen. I havent had to use the SG yet, guess im getting better at this. Thanks to the developers of this game, alot of thought and effort was put into it and its much appreciated. Thanks to Big Fish for a nice Sunday Game.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 18, 11 11:40 AM
Thanks Dobbie and Cracy8, the numbers I had finally worked but it was not 725. I think the numbers are randomized.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 18, 11 4:49 AM
Any help out there. I used the numbers for the briefcase but it wont open. Thanks in advance.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 18, 11 4:26 AM
Same style and format as most other Hidden Object Games. The background music is not bad. The junkpiles as they have been called lately are rather easy to see. Havent used Hint button. Smooth transition from scene to scene. Rather easy and relaxing to play. No Brain splatter. Looks like it may be short but I dont care today, I just needed something to play that I dont already have. I like that Aspect ratio button in the options section Hit it and it popped right into proper screen size. Happy days are here again, I think.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 18, 11 1:44 AM
Got brand new GM this am. Downloaded automatically. Thought I was downloading the new Twisted Lands and when I looked up it was the Crescent Snake. Oh well, Twisted Lands seems to be downloading pretty fast. None of my other games are showing up yet on the new GM. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator