Posts created by kittymaverick

Also experiencing the "take photo" crash on mac. Going to try an uninstall/install and see if it fixes the issue.

Edit: An uninstall/install did fix the issue, it seems. I did crash one more time after that, but was still able to continue after reopening the game.

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 14 9:13 AM
I'm in the same boat too! Sincerely hoping a mac version will be made available in the future.

For those that are getting stuck on the steps for the potions, it might be because of the 4th step. check that you covered the wet gauze with the barely visible glass lid first before you move to the test tube step.

I'm running into a bug in the bonus game where you are meant to receive a photo after the second conversation with the character (in the pharmacy). I have rest and tried it again several times, and each time, I fail to receive the photo. As such, I cannot continue. I am on the Mac version. Hope this can be fixed soon!

Edit: I've managed to fix it by coming out of detective mode, and go to easy mode when I reset the bonus chapter. Still unsure what was happening, though this might be an issue that is happening purely on detective mode. I hope Bigfish and bug test this and see if it's going to be an issue for others.

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 13 10:27 PM
wvu4208 wrote:I am having issues with the bonus content: I get near the end, and attach the frame to the picture, but when I go to take it and put it in my inventory, it just... disappears! I can't zoom in on the statue base in order to retrieve it and/or use it in Sansanna's headpiece. I have spent COUNTLESS hours playing this game, and I don't want to have to start from scratch! Any help?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as the quoted player... it's really frustrating being stuck at this point because of a bug...

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 11, 12 5:04 AM
I notice that the soundtrack was made available on the PC, and I don't see it in the Mac section. Any news on whether it will be available anytime?...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 12 4:45 AM
So I wasn't the only one lamenting about the missing story book! As much as the listing made it easier for me to get tasks done, the lack of story telling left it a bit empty. Perhaps a mix of both next time for the devs? (A to do list on one tab and a diary/story section on another tab?)

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 2:41 AM
harrold, you should just be able to select the IR camera, then click on the tripod, to put it on there. You may have to read at the notes inside the film crew's storage box first though...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 2:38 AM
Heading back here because the Shadow Lake forum is a little...landmine-y right now...kinda scary...and certainly diverse.

I finished the game playing the CE edition, Detective mode, only used help when I am really stuck and on the CE extra content, in about 6 hours-ish, while taking my sweet time (with dinner and all that XD)? Now, the first time I played the last game, EFR, even on Casual mode, I was getting stuck constantly, so I had to use a full walkthrough in the end. So either my sleuthing skills has just increased exponentially, or Shadow Lake is an easier game in terms of difficulty in general.

Except for the moving puzzles...Oh god the moving puzzles. Everything else I either liked, or didn't like but can forgive... but the psychic puzzles...NOPE! Sorry...The first two times I did it was okay, and then it just became "cannot get this physics engine to cooperate. Am now frustrated". The idea of having moving puzzles: awesome. Adding physics as an aspect: innovative. Execution in Shadow Lake? Fail to achieve optimal result... That was the only major beef I had with the game, and then only part that made me slightly disappointed. Not sure if it is easier on casual mode, but things I would have liked with the psychic puzzles...

(Some slight spoilers on game mechanics ahead, beware!)

1. Better way to orientate objects. If you have a block in the center spinning to make it challenging, but make the other pieces easier to change their orientation such as a simple click, or even a click and hold until it orientates to the angle you want.
2. More sensitivity to cursor from puzzle pieces. I spend five minutes just trying to drag a square into position because it was dragging itself along like a snail on the screen. I dread to know how the people with touchpads felt...

That's about all I can think of for the psychic puzzle engine to improve without making it too similar to just...any puzzle...

Not sure if I should leave a full review on the forums...I don't want to make people read a huge block of text from me like this again...XD

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 10:07 PM
I'm a complete wuss, and therefore jumped at all attempted scares... maybe expect the (spoilers ahead, highlight to read) last one with the lake ghost's hand, and the secret videos.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 10:00 PM
I'm not sure where in terms of the story you are right now, but here is the solution to the car...(highlight to see)

1. You must have progressed the storyline far enough to have a reason to go into the doctor's office. I found that you couldn't get a street close up of the doctor's office unless you get to a certain point.
2. Once you have the street close up, there should be a plastic bag there. Grab it.
3. Go back to the car, turn the keys, and then put the plastic bag on the pedals.
4. Watch that thing drive itself!

Hope the above helps!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 7:10 PM
Left with one object: heart. Tried the queen of hearts on the hat, but it's not registering. Anyone know where else is a heart?

Edit: Found it... If anyone wants to know it was by the door frame, on the L side, carved into the wall in the scene with the lockers on the left...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 5:48 AM
*sleep talking* Didn't a blog entry somewhere say Lea's daughter is also playing a character? Does that possibly mean that Cassandra has a daughter that is involved with the Ghost Patrol, and that she basically has a personal desire to prevent the ensuring disaster?*goes back to snoring*

@Sun, Insectland?! Don't give the studio ideas! *horrified*

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 11:09 PM
@sun, did you just say flying. cockroaches... Let me go get my portable anti-cockroach bomb shelter!

I've have them fly towards my face when trying to kill them...worse...memory...ever...

For the dunk tank, may I propose this Charles Dalimer replica dummy I just dug up recently from the ruins of Ravenhearst?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 10:11 PM
*Raises hand from behind her camouflage* I'm still here! Just keeping a safe distance though!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 10:04 PM
I have now caught up on the recent events. I brought sandwiches and tea for the bus. And spider specific raid. I would advise we eat before we spray... and I do not volunteer to do the spraying.

(Sincerely hoping that the studio does not consider a spider cave/giant spiders/anything spider theme related puzzle anytime soon if they come and read up on our forum... We will all die crying...)

I agree that we Master Detectives do not panic in public. We pick up our polaroids and take pictures instead. Which we then put into our casebooks when we finally free ourselves.... and then we write about it

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 9:46 PM
*Having recently just replayed EFR, comes strolling back into the forum*
*Freezes at the unfamiliar territory*

...I'm going to go rewind my own time for a moment, brb.

*slowly backs out of the bus*
*promptly slips on the ice outside and goes sliding backwards into the post archives*

*echoing and fading* I'll bring momentos......

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 3:16 AM
Consider the amount of beating that car took last time we saw it...(overheated engine, broken windshield, sudden addition of passengers...) I'm guessing it quit on the Master Detective and told her to find another vehicle.

I get vibes of Dire Grove from the trailer actually, with some of the cinematic scenes. Or perhaps a blend of that and something else we are familiar with in terms of actors?...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 9:43 PM
Thanks!

Edit: *burying self over how obvious that was...*

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 12 9:36 PM
Found the two posts and the two words, and then my neurons misfired...

Help with a PM please? ;_;

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 12 8:39 PM
If you give me questions, I could go on raving about the plot of Ravenhearst for ages and ages...

Back to the topic on the clues then. Has anyone suggested that the sentence could be "You're so close"? We are getting closer to the release date!

Edit: There should be an sub forum section JUST for anything Ravenhearst...XD

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator