Posts created by elhar02

posted in The Secrets of Arcelia Island on Aug 31, 11 1:06 PM
darkhalf01 wrote:Can we please keep the review section for reviews? I came here to get an insight on the game, not to read two pages of backstabbing. Please keep your personal opinions of each others comments to yourself or take it somewhere else and let the rest of us get on with gaming.

Well said!!! But please when there are negative reviews which everyone is entitled to let's keep them "negative" without all the needless explicative words to start a post. I truly don't think that's necessary. Just state why you don't like the game without all the "gagging" remarks!!!! To me that's a "bit over the top".

I, for one, enjoyed this game and before anyone mentions it ...........no I am not related to the Developer or have any connection to them!!! I trialed it, enjoyed that part and bought the game. End of story.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 11 10:24 AM
Valdy...couldn't agree with you more. The game to me was excellent and I enjoyed it thoroughly. For once I knew where I was going and didn't have to resort to the SG all the time. There wasn't a lot of back & forth to here, there & everywhere and my shoes thank me for that!!! The game also took me approx. 5 hrs. playing on and off a bit. It gets a -1/2 in my "pea brain"!!!

Plus it never does bother me how long a game lasts -- for me they are never that short -- but it's how I enjoy it and if I'm having fun. This one did the trick for me!!!

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 11 11:45 AM
You never get a walk-thru when a CE is introduced. You get the built-in SG as a "plus" for the price. When the SE eventually comes out then, if you are lucky, a blog w/t will be available.

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Aug 25, 11 9:18 AM
Great game for me too. Have played all the others & was so looking forward to the next in the series. Played the trial for just a bit to check for problems -- nil -- then purchased and it d/l'ed fine and am now enjoying. It's playing in full screen for my laptop and I didn't need to change anything -- not that I ever do. If I have to play with black bars on the sides so be it since I never change resolution for a game. So far I luv it and if some think it's too easy for me it's just right.

Happy gaming everyone -- know I'm having fun!!!!!

BTW, great post, Lisa........agree with you totally.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 20, 11 11:29 AM
Loved the first game so bought the CE after a brief trial & enjoyed it from start to finish. Yes, the story is a bit confusing but we are dealing with Zombies here!!! (same as the first game). I can't say that I thought it was that easy and did refer to the SG from time to time but then I guess I'm not as bright as others when it comes to these games & I do prefer something that I can do mostly by myself with a bit of thinking. When it comes to a comparison between Asylum games I would take this one over F.A.C.E.S. any day since all you did in that game was go up & down in an elevator & push buttons all to face the same "ugly" scenes. At least in this game there were various areas to explore and not all were drab & dreary at least for me. I enjoyed the puzzles -- not too hard for my pea brain to solve -- and the hint system was terrific. Can't comment on the music since I don't play with sound on in any game -- I prefer the TV going in the background

Am now ready to try the Bonus Game. Thanks to the developers for this game which I totally had fun with.

Thanks BF for all the fun!!! Great game, graphics & scenery. I enjoyed it from beginning to end (including the Bonus Game). Looks like there will definitely be a sequel in the months/years to come and I will look forward to that.
Have to admit to using the SG on quite a few occasions just so I didn't miss something I would need or to knowing where to go next but found it very informative and the explicit instructions allowed me to continue forward. The fact that I had to click on the Menu to access it was very easy and it kept track of where I last viewed -- that's a great thing!!! I can't comment on the music since I play with the sound off all the time

Keep up the good work and thanks again for a game that kept me busy for mega hours -- obviously I'm a slow player !!!

Must admit I, too, am guilty of purchasing too many CE's but what I do is trial them and if I think I can wait for the SE just keep track of the names & wait to use punch coupons on them when the SE's come out. For example this month I used PC's on "Timeless: The Forgotten Town", "Paranormal Crime Investigations" and one on a great SE called: "Written Legends" so that took care of my codes from the last couple of months. Know this won't work for everyone but this is my thinking and how I try to manage my PC's. I have a large stock of unplayed games in the meantime to keep me busy!!

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town on Aug 8, 11 11:06 AM
I have never really experienced any difficulties with all the 100's of games I have purchased except for this one. A few of the puzzles just came up with a small black screen in the middle of the large screen. I knew there was a puzzle but just couldn't access it. With all the GM problems I thought perhaps this was yet another but I closed out the game & then started again where I left off & all was OK. However, I did find out that many of the hidden object scenes -- or trying to pick up various needed items -- was not possible at certain points of time so I had to backtrack (following the w/t) to get those items. This is not a game that I would play again -- things were just too confusing and the puzzles were "out of sight" at least for me. If it hadn't been for the w/t I would still be there 5 days from now trying to figure them out. That, to me, is not fun...just pure aggravation!!!!

Forgot to add that I do have the new GM &, except for longer download times & getting tired of looking at "Felix" in the GM and not really knowing what he is doing at various intervals, I have really not experienced any other drastic problems like others.

posted in Written Legends: Nightmare at Sea on Aug 6, 11 7:14 AM
I, too, used a punch card coupon and am enjoying the game very much. Easy to follow & a map to tell me where to go (unlike some recent CE games). As a fellow Canadian and with Canadian developers I just had to have this game and feel they have done a "great" job. Looked at the "Sneak Peek" for the next one and that, too, looks very interesting -- hope we don't have to wait too long for another must-have SE since they seem to be few & far between lately!!

Having a fun time with this one!!

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 11 12:08 PM
Agree with both of the above posts. The game was fun but without the SG I would have been completely lost mega times. I'm not one for keeping notes while playing a game (don't think I should have to) but in this game "notes" would be the only alternative. I couldn't remember a thing re where to go or what to do with a piece of equipment I picked up I started out in the beginning OK but as the game progressed I was completely lost in cyberspace!!!

Finally finished the game but don't even know if I want to try the "bonus" section -- have had enough -- my poor legs are tired from walking to & fro, back & forth to say nothing about my "brain cells" which are completely over-worked and have given up entirely.

Think you are right, tuttepeever, this is a way to make the games last longer but that gets "old" & extremely aggravating very quickly!!!!

So happy to know that I'm not alone in my feelings

theoldbag wrote:I just finished the game and I enjoyed it very much. I would have been completely lost if I didn't have the SG though. It seems to me that in the past several years the games have become increasingly more difficult and sophisticated. Not complaining...just stating that I can still enjoy them because of the CE versions with the extra help. I admire the folks who are able to enjoy them without this help also. I do just fine in the beginning but as the game goes on and becomes more complicated, I appreciate the SG. To those that find these games too easy WOW! I am impressed!

I completely agree with you....ditto...ditto...ditto. It's maybe not the games are getting more difficult compared to certain others it's just that some are more intricate than others & require some direction from a SG if available (CE). I had to restart this game when halfway thru cuz I was missing an item which I needed. Unfortunately the scene where I should have picked this up was closed to me when I tried to backtrack. When I did my restart I referred to the SG mega times to make sure I hadn't missed something else. I, too, marvel at those who are able to do everything on their own -- don't think I'll ever get to that point especially with these adventure/sneaker type games. Finally completed the game, including the Bonus section, & enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to the sequel!!!

imsunny wrote:I've got the same problem. Won't let me back into cabinet. Don't think it was stupidity as it kicked me out of cabinet before I had a chance to get matches. I too would appreciate any help at this point as neither hints or SG gies any.

You are probably right in that. Once a scene closes you just assume you are finished picking up the items. Did you start the game over?? Well, I finally decided to start over again under a new profile & was able to get those matches & proceed further in the game. Now I will make sure that I collect everything I need as I progress -- TG for SG's so I can check -- one good thing for purchasing CE's. I'm now afraid to make a move in case I miss something else important and I sure don't want to start over for the 3rd time. So just to let you know that you do have an alternative by starting over. A pain but at least you can continue on with the game!! Am that everything works out from this point onwards!!!!

I went into the Greenhouse & opened the cabinet with my knife but, stupid me, collected all the necessary items except for the matches. Then I solved the manhole puzzle & entered but then realized I needed the matches to light the torches. Went to the SG & it showed me they were in the cabinet where I had obviously not picked them up. Now I can't get back to to the cabinet to get them. Well, I can get there but it won't let me enter again. Tried rebooting, reinstalling but still can't do anything -- am dead in the water. Do you think I have to start the game over again when I'm halfway thru???? Is that the only solution??
Would really appreciate any "words of wisdom". If that's the case re having to start over because you miss an item where you should be able to backtrack & pick up it's very discouraging and at this point I really don't feel like starting the game over again. Any advice would be appreciated. I did check to see if anyone else had this problem but didn't see any posts on that particular point. Thanks for any advice or help. Obviously it was my own stupidity in not picking up the matches but surely you should be able to rectify your mistakes by just going back to that location.
Thanks again in advance for any help or opinions.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to BF & the Developer for providing a "fix" for the gear puzzle. I updated and was able to finish the bonus section with no further problems. Would hated to have missed the finale!!! Thanks again for your prompt attention to this problem area.

posted in Tearstone on May 31, 11 3:20 PM
SeaBamboo wrote:Oh now you've done it tictacsix & chris
I am going to have to replay the game & open my eyes a bit more

You & me both. Did notice various "different" things but was so intent on knowing what to do, what to pick up & where to go next that I just ignored all other things except, of course, the scenery I, too, better play again -- maybe those are hints for the next game --- ya think?????

posted in Tearstone on May 31, 11 11:38 AM
A very BIG kudos to you, Chris, and your whole team. Am now on the final chapter and wish it wouldn't come to an end. I am a slow player and tried and did figure out everything for myself. Must admit I did use the "hint" button every so often but the instructions were perfect and loved that it told you there was nothing left to do in a particular area or suggested that you come back later. Have always enjoyed games that finished one particular area (maybe 4 or 5 scenes within that) and when that's completed you move onto the next Chapter with no backtracking here, there & everywhere. I also thank you for the tutorial -- that was a big help to me since I'm not a pro by any means. Experienced no glitches and the graphics were gorgeous IMHO. Also enjoyed using "my brainpower" to figure out what to mix together to make what I required for my inventory. Took me awhile but I made it!!

Everyone associated with developing this game is to be congratulated. This is really one of the most enjoyable games I have played in a long time & I thank those involved for all their time & effort to make it so.

Please don't rush your next one but I for one will be waiting (im)patiently!!!!

posted in Fairway Solitaire on May 11, 11 11:24 AM
Very cute game design but virtually impossible to achieve some of the levels unless you want to spent the next year & half trying. Don't get me wrong, I do like challenging soliaire games but some of these are impossible. At least at the beginning of the game with maybe the first 5 or 6 golf courses to draw you in it isn't too bad but after that forget it. I don't want to spend weeks or months just trying to solve one particular part of the golf course. That, to me, becomes an exercise in futility -- it's worse than looking for hidden objects. Then you complete one "course", most definitely by using all your "clubs -- wild cards", and when you start the next you have nothing left & have to start all over again to collect some since you will most definitely need to have them in order to complete the next course. So then its back to playing the next course another umpteen times to get some more "clubs" or try to add to your $ earnings in order to be able to complete the course or hopefully buy something from the "Golf Shop" but even then everything is "locked" so you can't see what different items are for sale or what you might save your $ for to buy future items which you hope might significantly help you during the game. Plus, there are no irons (wild cards) for Jacks, Queens, Kings, & Aces so that's yet another problem.
I just played Avalon Solitaire & Fairie Solitaire and, at least, they are somewhat attainable & I managed to complete them to the end.

Anyway this is just my opinion but I became extremely frustrated & bored with this game. A very nice design & fun to look at but I, for one like to know that I am progressing in a gamewithout becoming disillusioned & knowing that the game will get more difficult in the latter stages.

posted in Mystery Novel on Apr 11, 11 12:21 PM
Did the complete trial of this game and really found it quite intriguing. So what if things are mislabelled or misnamed -- am sure many of you have found that before in playing all these games. I know I have am a relatively newbie but that's what hints are for and that's how you learn!! Not every game can be of a CE status -- developers have to start somewhere so please give them credit for a great effort.

I could careless about "sparkles" the more the better -- at least I know where to go and where to search. Don't get me wrong, I love the great adventure-type games but after a while, with no help, I get completely lost and have to resort to a walk-thru or a SG if I bought the CE.

I am sure that most of the usual gamers know that logic does not enter into these games. Where you might think you can use this or that to move forward that is not always the case -- isn't imagination what these games are all about???? How can anyone be so concerned about stepping over log rather than using something that you are supposed to find to enable you to do that. Isn't that what these games are all about???

I truly don't know what kind of a game it would take to make everyone happy --don't think it exists cuz there would always be complaints about one thing or another. But, please let's give all the newer developers a chance and try to at least provide some positive comments. A question to ask yourselves -- where would be without new developers trying to provide games for us to play -- everyone would, yet again, be complaining there are no new games out there and yet you bash them all for one reason or another. Certainly there can be comments re too short, not enough hints, etc. and that's constructive criticism but to completely bash a game on the premise that's it's boring, or deals with a subject that you don't care for, or you don't like the look of the characters is totally ridiculous at least in my ****!!

Think I have given up now reading the Forums and will just try a game for myself and come to my own conclusion as to whether I like it or not.

Enough said by me...........

posted in Mystery Novel on Apr 11, 11 11:11 AM
AJ, great job and I thank you so very much. Think I tried every conceivable way but this worked beautifully. Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind when trying to do these type of puzzles.

Beadfisher wrote:I skipped a minigame ( i find them tedious) and did not pick up the feather duster. Now I am prevented fromdoing anyhting at all. Feh. all in all, I don't think I'm the audience this game looks for.

What did you expect if you don't pick up necessary items to move further into the game??? Just a comment!!

Have to agree with the above comments. Truly enjoyed the game, altho must admit I did get lost a few times and had to refer to the SG but that was no problem and was grateful I had it, but the bonus section was somewhat of a disappointment. I did try a few times with the Zen game but got no where fast!!!! Perhaps if it hadn't been timed but that outdid me every time and became frustrating since TM games are not my preference.

Other than that the game itself was excellent and I enjoyed it thoroughly!!! Think I would have preferred perhaps an introduction into the next game segment if there's going to be one.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator