Posts created by jennsmom

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 11:26 AM
bfgBeruna, I realize that there are many questions answered at Help. They don't always help. Furthermore, once upon a time, Customer Service people were really people, not canned answers, and they tried their best to help with problems. Now, it's pretty much SOSO advice (akin to "turn it off and turn it back on"), and maybe a coupon. Not the same thing.

I also have been alive long enough to know that once Corporate has made a decision, pleas from paying customers rarely make any difference whatsoever.

I do appreciate your attempt to help and smooth things over, though. All mods here have been very nice.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 6:26 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:Well everything was going fine until what I think was supposed to be the end of the demo. The guy I was chasing had just stolen another soul and sent a big black dog-like creature at me when everything went black. I could see my cursor, but that was it. I hit the Esc key and it brought up the menu where I could click to exit the game. I liked the demo, and was planning on purchasing the game until this glitch came up. Running Win 10 on a PC, everything up to date.

And after today, there will be no one here to help us and we'll be on our own...and probably stuck with games that don't work because there will be no help.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 6:24 AM
Bye all - fishies I know, and those I don't. I'm going to miss this very much. I left BF for a few months a while back, but missed the forums so much, I returned. Been here for 8 years, so not the longest time, by far, but long enough to see things come and go. Forums are the worst thing to go. Don't know if I'll stay here or not; it's a toss up. Happy gaming to all BF fishies.

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 18 6:33 PM
Cube puzzle with colored "pawns" would not work at all. Not without the SG for help, and not with it. Nothing would move. Very irritated at having to skip.

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 18 1:52 PM
Almost through with the main game and I've enjoyed most of it. Instructions for two of the gambling games were so "basic" as to be next to useless for me and I finally skipped out of frustration. Those two things really put a damper on the whole game, although I know it shouldn't. I want to see what happens, and I'm glad I bought the game, but it isn't one I will ever play again unless there are better instructions in a walkthrough when and if the SE is released.

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 3:07 PM
Tried, and hope I did it right. Hard for me to get used to new places and things.

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 6:45 AM
No tech issues so far, just want to say this is one of the things I will miss the most...the help of other fishies.

posted in Hex on Apr 17, 18 8:39 AM
It was posted on many other forum pages, and on FaceBook. I responded here yesterday because it was the newest game forum.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:37 AM
The forums are the main reason I stay with Big Fish. I can read reviews, and get help from other players, not to mention the "tech" information. I'm not sure what the attraction would be without the forums.

posted in Hex on Apr 16, 18 5:30 PM
I like Big Fish for user reviews and help from other players. I'll have to think long and hard as to whether to continue membership here without those perks. What else can Big Fish offer to make up for that loss?

I wouldn't have to open a discussion that may likely be removed if there was somewhere else to respond.

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 12, 18 1:07 PM
This series started out really well, but has become very hit and miss, IMO. Red Cat was a hit, but this one? As the last two, another miss. Perhaps a new series is the answer? At any rate, same old same old is not a feature. Perhaps when the SE comes out...but certainly not the CE.

posted in The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition on Apr 9, 18 12:22 PM
I can skip puzzles and have just skipped one (the safe) because I obviously just wasn't getting it, even following the SG. But the skip button was right there, and a reset.

posted in Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 18 10:58 AM
I couldn't get past the first one. Yes, I bought everything. It's just one more part of this game that doesn't work right. The main game was fine, but the bonus, and this missions with the mannequin is not. I am very sorry I did not wait for the SE. This was a waste

Sooo, Rachel has just moved into a new apartment and was late for her date because she was unpacking, but her neighbor says she knows her well, and that Rachel brings her goodies when she's not feeling good? OK, I'll ignore that. It's rare that I have to play through an entire demo before deciding whether or not to purchase, but I did play the whole thing, and I'm still not sure.

Looks like it's going to be a short game. I found the HOs very difficult to see, and think I'll probably have to get out my magnifying glass. I also had difficulty backing out of scenes. I see someone already mentioned the fan and the hose pouring out oil.

But, it is different and I like the graphics, animation and the music, so I think I'll sleep on it before making a final decision.

posted in Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 18 12:28 PM
What a waste for the collectables. It doesn't matter how many times I complete the first mission, I can't get any farther. When I try to go on, it says I have to complete the first mission, although i have, at least 6 times.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 2, 18 1:42 AM
Thanks all. I see that it isn't really a prequel, so I bought it.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 18 11:15 AM
Has anyone played the bonus yet? I'd just like to know what it is because after the disappointing prequel in the last game I played, I'd rather not have another one, and would wait for the SE.

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 18 10:40 AM
Main game was very good - different kids of HOS, interesting story. But the bonus? I hate prequels anyway, and this was not a good one. I should have waiting until the SE comes out to buy.

posted in Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 18 2:03 AM
nanafraser wrote:Just to pop back in after playing a bit! Its really not bad! I'm glad they didst include that little creepy little gremlin guy in this game like they do in most of there "Haunted Legends"!

There's no Grunting Dwarf?? I think I'll try the demo after all! Several of the Haunted Legends game would have been better without SG.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 21, 18 5:25 AM
Played just long enough to see that it was working, and immediately purchased. If you've played them before, this will not be anything new or different, which is fine with me. I have them all and love to play them for a quiet, non-stressful relaxing time. I was so happy to see this release today!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator