Posts created by xandersmomk

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 1, 11 2:59 PM
Tons of posts regarding this already. I emailed BF and got a refund. If you search the forum you can see all the arguments for and against this game. If you are truly unhappy email BF.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 27, 11 1:11 PM
Smallhaven wrote:I couldn't disagree more with the first two posts. This is an absolutely great game that you can immerse yourself in if you take the time to enjoy every aspect the developers have delivered.

I guess one would have to equate what constitutes a "full" versus "partial" game. Movies, books, TV shows are done in installments. So why not casual games? I happen to enjoy Harris' books and know that each one will deliver me to the next and I have to be patient for that publication. I feel that way with games that are delivered in sequels.

I feel like it is a part game because the task we were given was not completed with the game I purchased. I would not feel ripped off if the game had PART ONE after the title since I am unable to finish the task given. Deadtime Stories had said more to come but at least the story was resolved and the set task completed. Not the same thing IMO.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 23, 11 8:25 AM
Linde36 wrote:I would have preferred to pay "Collector's Edition" price for the full game.
In 4 yrs of being a customer, I've never played a game that simply STOPS halfway through after 4 of 8 episodes WITHOUT ANY WARNING!

BF didn't design the game but they could at least have WARNED us in the title or somewhere in the notes...instead of having us clicking all over the site trying to figure out how to start episode 5...only to run to the forums and discover that there is no episode 5!!

Who knows how long it will take for Part II to come out. As much as I enjoyed this stellar game, I will NOT support this marketing gimmick by purchasing another 1/2 game at full price.

I totally agree. If you are not being underhanded Big Fish then let us know which chapters we are buying. I want a refund or a free 2nd half!!!

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 23, 11 8:19 AM
culady wrote:Sheesh! I can't understand all this whining about how short this game is. I played for two days. And all the whining about getting only half a story. Look at it like you got 4 stories for the price of one. This is my second posting on this game.

2 days?! I did this in one night.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 17, 11 6:53 AM
This game is ok. I don't like the animation flow. The drawings are good but I don't like the stop motion jerky movement of the scenes. The voice actors a good and the music is great. The feel is like True Blood a bit but really has little in common with it besides Vampires and True Blood. One could say it was a Twilight game just as easy. I don't like getting half of the story for my full credit. Waste of a credit.
Don't get this game unless they give you all the story. Very short in game play and the other puzzles hold little challenge for HOG fans. Not as much of a disappointment as 13th skull at least.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 29, 10 7:25 PM
I am glad I read the reviews before I bought this game. I was prepared that it was not a HOG and more of a puzzle adventure. I really liked the fantasy feel. The music was calming and not annoying at all. The actress who did the voice over was good and I enjoyed this game. 9/10 would have been perfect 10 except it was way too short!

Read some reviews and I have played the demo. I must comment again that I think not being able to use credits is horrible. I would even consider using 2 credits for CE's but not an option. I really think this time the CE is not worth it since the reviewers overall don't think its worth it and I was disappointed with 13th Skull CE. I will wait for regular edition on this one.

Think about it Big Fish. Let us use our credits for CE!!! We paid real $ for them.

posted in Mahjongg Investigation - Under Suspicion on Dec 1, 10 6:23 AM
I just bough this game since I like Mahjongg games and it was on sale. I have to say I like it. Its a combination of clue and mahjongg put together. Its not extremely fancy but its a nice time killer. If you can buy this on sale then do that. I don't know if I would pay more than 10 bucks for it but its worth the sale price. Hard to make a mahjongg game unique and this game does. 4/5.

I love MCF but this one didn't live up IMO. The ending didn't make sense in regards to the beginning. I won't say anything more for those of you who haven't played it. Now the acting has never been Oscar worthy so its not that I am upset about. The collecting was lame and the actual hidden object puzzles too easy. There weren't very many of them neither. Too much attention developing the video responses which I didn't like. I paid full price for CE and I am not happy I did. Having the bonus game not being acessable until 100% done sucks since I paid full price. I played on a laptop so the weed puzzle was impossible. I thought there was a trick like bleaching the ground. I hate timed puzzles since I am lame at them. I will give you that some of the puzzles were just challenging enough but once I skipped one I skipped a few since I knew I already blew the achievement. Come on developers! Stick to the formula that works! Hope the next MCF is a whole lot better!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 8, 10 11:54 AM
New to forum but bought Big Fish games on CD before.
Thought I would like this place but after I just got the Demo of Drawn and tried to buy with my credit I doubt very much I will be around much. Why so many rules to buying games and collecting points. VERY NASTY! I was sucked in and now am disappointed. Collectors editions should be available to buy with credits after all I used $$$ to get them. Even if I had to use two for these versions. SAD SAD SAD!!!!

I played and replayed this game just like all the MCF games. I didn't like the corny ending but I didn't expect Oscar winning acting I guess. Overall great game and glad I played the series.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 7, 10 5:40 PM
Based on the trailer and comments here I very well could purchase the game. I finish these types pretty fast so I am reluctant to get the demo. Want to dive right in.

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 7, 10 5:28 PM
This game is BLAH! The graphics are not good and screen load times are hateful and numerous. Didn't get half way into the demo and uninstalled it. Who drew the stop motion graphics? A two year old? Hated it.

posted in Deadtime Stories on Sep 7, 10 8:34 AM
I liked the voodoo theme and graphics were very nice. The making spells was different and the puzzles were good. The only thing bad I have to say is that is was way too short. I paid 4.99 for it with the summer special. I am glad I didn't use one of my game credits for it. I would have been mad given the shortness of game play.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator