Posts created by cesse47

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 20, 11 8:50 AM
Played the demo ... Loved it ... Bought it!!!

I modified the movement just a bit ... perfect. I like the "feel" and visual effect.

Loved the inclusion of bits of humor; i.e., the "pooh" comment. Definitely a treat.

Haven't needed to use the hint system but checked it out and like that the hints are progressive. So, you can get one hint to point you in the right direction or continue clicking on hint to step you through.

As in the previous Drawn games, I feel the music fits the game. Turned the volume down a bit but did not mute it as I do in most games.

Loved the graphics. The storybook is great.

Looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

and to the Drawn Team -- WTG!!

posted in Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles on Dec 11, 10 6:12 AM
Played the demo for the full hour until the game automatically closed. Purchased the game and completed the installation. I had completed the game to the point where I had restored the second portrait (the woman behind the boarded up door). However, after purchasing the game and running the install, my game progress was lost. My game began at the point where the first painting was restored.

I'm reporting here in case others experience the same issue.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 20, 10 4:39 PM
my thanks to the BFG producer and to Elephant Games for this excellent game!! Being on a limited income, I anxiously awaited the release of the standard edition after playing the demo for the CE.

Graphics and FX were excellent. The croaking frog was cute but a little annoying at first. Then got involved in the gameplay and it became background noise.

The hidden object screens were excellently done. Some items easy, some medium, and a few very cleverly hidden in plain sight. Bravo!! I also like the many examples of non-standard items ... things we haven't seen in hidden object screens before; for example the safety pin pin.

Loved the puzzles! Again, a few of each difficulty level. The 3D tile puzzle probably took me the longest with the battery slider puzzle a close second --- Well Done!!

I was happy to see that the achievements were contained in the standard edition. I completed each one and was very happy to receive my achievements broach at the end of the game. LOL Virtual jewelry, Yea!!

I also enjoyed the storyline and how finding paperwork created journal entries which moved the story along.

Congrats to the developers for creating this terrific game.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 10 9:24 AM
LOL Bella ... great minds, etc. I just posted my game comments and asked the same question.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 10 9:22 AM
I really enjoyed this game! Mostly agree with other positive comments and game review comments posted before me. I sort of enjoyed the croaking frog. LOL I played to the end of the demo and would purchase but am on a fixed income so will have to wait for the release of the regular version.

Great hidden object screens ... no tiny objects, no dark on dark, many items cleverly hidden in plain sight. Love that!!

Music was just ok ... if I was listening to a book; I'd mute it with no problem.

Did you see Felix?

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 13, 10 7:41 AM
ditto from me as well. Played for about 30 minutes ... kept hoping the game would improve; but no luck. Not a purchase for me, darn it!!

graphics are blurry in places, dark in others, grainy in others ... and not because of the story line.

objects to find are often very tiny or only a bit is peeking out somewhere; sometimes it's a dark object in a dark area; othertimes it's so grainy you can't make it out.

the hint system (with find a bear) would be good if the game were better. Normally, I play without using a hint. And in my 30 minutes, I used hint 3 times. Not a good sign at all.

Music was good to start with but quickly got irritating, as did the game, so muted it.

I'm with the poster who enjoyed the first Becky Brogan game. The first one was great and this one falls very short!!

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 19, 10 7:30 AM
MichaelAhn, thank you for inviting our comments about this game. I truly enjoyed it. I read everything in a story including any papers, posters, etc. I truly enjoyed your well developed story. My only complaint about your game is that it was too short.

Thanks to you and your team for developing this great game.

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 15, 10 8:58 AM
I have to say I did enjoy the game. I did like the storyline. It reminded me a lot of one of my aunt's who was a meek and mild little housewife until her husband was MIA and she began her crusade to find him. And, like the son in this story, he was a POW so she had a lot to deal with after he returned home. Didn't object to the music; just turned low to play quietly in background. Really appreciated the fact that the items to find were in keeping with the timeframe of the story.

The big drawback with this game is that it is VERY short!! I give it 3 of 5 stars.

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Sep 15, 10 7:11 AM
Hi Besstan, I really loved this game. Sharp, clear graphics. Not the standard haunted house, mystery whatever type game. Fun storyline. Enjoyed the music and the sounds ... especially the little train's "choo choo choo". LOL

I haven't liked any of the recent games so am actually replaying now.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 9, 10 9:34 AM
Mam1mac, welcome to the Fish Pond. You may need to update one of the drivers on your PC. Run and save your dxdiag file. Then, use the green envelope on the bottom right of the screen to send an email to Customer Support ... and attach your dxdiag file. Explain the issue you are having. They can look at the dxdiag file and tell you if you need to run any driver updates ... or, they'll provide other help if it's a different issue. Customer Support and Tech Support at BFG is wonderful. They'll do everything they can to help. Good Luck!!

Raygan, welcome to the Fish Pond. Attach the razor to the stick (on the bench) then use the long stick knife to cut the leash after you toss the ball to the dog. Happy Gaming!!

Really enjoyed this game. Being on a limited budget, however, I'll have to wait until the regular game is released to purchase. Bring it on!!!!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 9, 10 9:03 AM
If you haven't seen the photo or read the article, check out the BFG blog.

WTG Team for creating such a magical, fabulous game!!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 10 1:00 AM
What a magnificent treat this game is. Just finished the demo ... LOVED IT!!! Have purchased and plan to immerse myself in it tomorrow. Since it's 4am here, figure I need to get some sleep first.

Happy Gaming!!

Thank you Big Fish and the Drawn Team for a wonderful adventure ... can't wait to see what unfolds.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 21, 10 7:35 PM
LOL @ barelyberlee

Welcome to the Fish Pond!! `

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 21, 10 7:34 PM
I also got the failure to install notice error 769-1001 after I purchased. So, I looked up the 769 error. I tried the easiest fix first. I reinstalled the Game Manager. That worked and the installation proceeded successfully.

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Aug 20, 10 11:30 PM
robin94122 wrote:There is a full walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games. Click on the Try this Game link at the top of the page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/robins-quest-a-legend-born-walkthrough/

The difference between the two modes is that in the Advanced mode Robin's spoken dialogue is exactly the same as the text bubble next to her. In the Casual mode the spoken dialogue gives you more detail about what you have to do next. Also, there are more sparkle hints in Casual mode.

To get the full benefit of the adventure aspect of the game you need to make it your personal goal to collect all of the optional items. There's a Progress Page in the Journal in the lower right that tells you how close you are to getting everything. Collecting all the optional items will just about double the length of the game.

By the way, you can go back into the game even after you've completed all the Quests and check the journal page and keep playing to get the optional items if you do want to fuly complete that progress page.

Robin

Robin, thank you for the explanation regarding how Advanced is different from Casual. I played both modes for about 20 minutes and didn't see any real difference between the two modes. Thanks again. Cesse.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Aug 20, 10 11:14 PM
Abuelita, these symbols are on several screens. One of the screens has a large stone door. This door is segmented into a circle that is carved into wedges ... like a pie. Each wedge has an animal on it. Pick one animal to begin with ... say the frog. Go to the screen where the frog symbol is located. Next to that symbol is a box that you can click on. When you do the shape in the box will change. You want only a triangle shape. The shape of the triangle in the box matches the shape of the wedge on the door. Click until you get that shape in the box. Now go look at the door. The frog should be green and the inside point of the wedge should have turned gold. You need to do this for each of the animals.

Hope this helps ... and, Welcome to the Fish Pond!!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Aug 20, 10 11:00 PM
Hi Lynnie, this statue has 5 segments. If I remember correctly, the top and bottom segments do not rotate. Once you have the locks unlocked, rotate the 2nd and 3rd segments. You want the 3rd segment to be a pair of hands holding a beetle (the beetle looks like a heart). The 2nd segment will be a woman's face ... and the beetle's legs (?) extend up onto her face. When you get those two parts right, a door will open in the 4th segment with 3 dials on it. You turn those dials until you get a picture of a sea creature ... either a squid or an octopus -- I remember the long "legs". I think when you have it right, the beetle glows and pulses.

Hope this helps.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Aug 20, 10 10:45 PM
EdiRusso, sent you a PM. Hope it helps.

PS, welcome to the Fish Pond!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator