Posts created by mariannequilts

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 10, 13 7:14 AM
A BIG CONGRATS MR_RUSS

I liked your thoughts on the story ** ..made sense to me, but the game sure didn't convey that to me. It went right over my head. **

Thanks gingergal for reminding re the white-out. I got carried away.

posted in Dracula Origin on Aug 9, 13 9:00 AM
Good job Min. Wish I was brave enough to start a thread. PM's sent to you and sportygal.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 9, 13 8:57 AM
Raven...I'm with you and I felt like the ending should have had more. Hope that makes sense.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 9, 13 8:19 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:[b]
In regards to the end of the game and the motive *I think our mistake is that we want an explanation and a reason While the objective clearly is that there is no reasoning with mental disturbed people and the criminally insane if we could follow their logic, provided there is one, we would probably be just as disturbed Even the brother doesn't understand and he is reasonably normal, just being a greedy criminal *

You're right CfG. I guess we are trying too hard to make sense out of the actions when they don't make sense.

I will say tho that I didn't much care for the dialogue. I kept expecting something more. Sometimes I had to remind myself that it's just a game. Like sending a young, pretty and not too experienced FBI girl out to find a maniac serial killer...alone.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 9, 13 7:03 AM
Raven...Yes, the brother was mentioned earlier and I remember a scene with a man wearing a hood, but I thought he was a bad guy. And I knew it re revenge of what had happened 200 years earlier. But as Mr_Russ says...why now? What was the reason for revenge 200 hundreds years later??? In fact, I was surprised to see the brother at the end and learn he was a good guy. A connection was missing.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 9, 13 6:11 AM
luvtoread and Mr_Russ...Hmmmm, good thoughts. I also wondered and just figured that since Tex and Nicole were the main characters, all their challenges were our problems to solve. But why didn't the bad guys ever have any problems? Especially in the example Mr_Russ gave with Regan able to go round the outside but Tex couldn't? Never understood that.

I didn't get the ending of this game at all. The brother appears, talks about things that happened 200 hundred years ago and I thought HUH ? What did I miss? I would have repeated his conversation, but I didn't want to go back to a Save to have him repeat it. So like you luvtoread, I left the game totally confused.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 9, 13 5:23 AM
A HUGE CONGRATS DEBBI, MCQUIGAN, HARLEQUEN AND RAVEN

debbi...I had to laugh, the best of everything is in the quilt room. Know what you mean...it's also supplied with the most expensive equipment !!!

mcquigan...Esc key . Sure wish I'd know that to get thru that opener scene. Have to remember that for other games.

abiloo...Have you gotten thru that part? If not, *** be sure to lock the door as soon as you get into the room, then you can find the secret room and throw the map out the window. ***

My most annoying part of the game was at the very end when she needs the *** hose. She was down in the tunnel with the broken stairs. I was going back-and-forth, to-and-fro. I kept missing a single phrase she needed to say to activate the trigger. *** GRRRR. I empathized with Branes and was about ready to give it up.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 8, 13 2:51 PM
I finished ... The linearity was a bit too much and some of the triggers were frustrating. But I still enjoyed it. I remember when we played the first Agon and for the same reasons, I didn't play the second Agon.

I'm looking forward to Aug 17 Broken Sword Templars. Sooooooooo now what am I going to play til then.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 8, 13 12:55 PM
My Goodness but a lot has happened since my doctor appt on Tuesday, then Wednesday early morn my modem crashed and I had to have a new one installed. So got that working last night and veerrry early this morn had to go see pain management.

A GREAT BIG CONGRATS DEBBI, HELEANTHIA, TIDE AND CFG

I'm now going back to my game...almost forgot where I am.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 6, 13 9:19 AM
CfG...Gotcha !! Yes, alt/tab. Didn't know that. Thanks

Branes...Ahh-haa, I knew it had to let me win.

RL is now interfering, I have an appt. Back later.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 6, 13 8:10 AM
What's with the BF site this morning?..slloooww ! And it's so big it doesn't even fit on my screen.

Don't panic with the ** slot ** machine game. I'm terrible at that, so I'm positive it let me win. It had to or I'd still be there. The ? mark to show hotspots is nice, but I keep wanting to hit the space bar.

Now I've finished the ** slider ** puzzle, but I got ** shot to death ** first.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 6, 13 7:07 AM
A BIG CONGRATS LUVTOREAD

Finished my iced coffee ( I live in Florida on the Gulf Coast ) and am ready to start playing. I'm in the *** palace basement trying to rescue Jack. *** One reason I like the puzzles in this game is cause they are logical and my mind works that way. I enjoyed the ** hook ** puzzle.

You're right CfG, I was a scuba diver and those tanks are powerful and can be dangerous.

Okay - Goin' in -

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 5, 13 2:53 PM
A BIG CONGRATS MINESITA

I don't know which if those games are better. They are HOPAs, so quite different from this one.

I'm in the *** basement rescuing Jack *** And stopping for the night..

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 5, 13 12:53 PM
STUCK...Everytime I *** inflate the tube, run to the fountain, put tube in fountain, she sees the hole, then I left click the marker onto the tube while in inventory and she says "Need to find an alternative solution." *** Mr_Russ what am I doing wrong?

I got it. I just wasn't fast enough. Sometimes when I'd get there, Nicole would talk and use up my time !!! Golly That was tougher for me than some of the puzzles.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 5, 13 12:31 PM
luvtoread wrote:I went ahead and unistalled. In the process of reinstalling.

At least I know what to do, so should not get stuck for
awhile

It worked for me. Good luck.

I'm in Azarra trying to *** inflate the tire and mark the hole. *** I keep taking *** the tire tube to the fountain after it's inflated and when I use the marker to mark the hole, she says that won't work. ***
I'm doing some thing wrong.

I didn't like the Inspector, but I guess we're not supposed to. I do like Raul, the *** garage guy ***. He makes me laugh.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 5, 13 9:21 AM
Thanks for the wish minesita... your wish worked. YAHOO. I was really upset as I like this game.
I got past the *** hook puzzle *** where I had crashed before. I'm one of those who makes maps and drawings, so I had drawn out the solution to that puzzle. And when I got to it today, I could zip right thru it.
Right now I've just left the *** theater *** .

Ohhh BTW..When I got to the *** chimney to get the antenna part and then the board breaks on her way down ***, my stomach flipped and my heart skipped a beat. Whew.

Raven...This is not the first one, but it's the best one.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 5, 13 7:40 AM
A BIG CONGRATS SPORTYGAL

I uninstalled and reinstalled, so let's hope I don't get that ERROR message again. I had solved that *** hook puzzle *** when my game crashed with that ERROR message.

So wish me and I'm goin' in !!

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 3, 13 3:57 PM
mcquigan wrote:Thank you Marianne and Mr. Russ! Off to the next place I will get stuck at

Glad he could help. This is one of Mr_Russ' favs, so I knew he could help.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 3, 13 1:58 PM
mcquigan...PM sent

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 3, 13 1:28 PM
Rudygeegee wrote:Sign me up!!

Give me a few hours - my connection is a can with a string..

A BIG WELCOME Rudy...You just gave me my Laugh for the day....and my sympathy...been there !!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator