Posts created by Poliwird

posted in 2 Tasty on Oct 30, 10 1:04 PM
I've seen it mentioned in some other thread that timed game suddenly becomes untimed on highest levels. Does it also make customers keep coming endlessly? :)

posted in Aztec Tribe on Oct 30, 10 1:00 PM
Same way as you upgrade all other buildings. The only difference is the trade screen which pops up when you click the Market, but you just exit it and Market remains selected with upgrade button available.

posted in Ski Resort Mogul on Oct 19, 10 3:19 AM
ddhuntress wrote:so I know that the issue is not on my end.
Yeah, but the majority of users still doesn't experience this issue. If you haven't done so yet, i'd suggest contacting BFG support team (hit the green envelope in bottom right of forum page) and send them diagnostic report made on your gaming PC with
http://games.bigfishgames.com/RightNowImages/TechTools/Dr.FelixBigFishGames.exe
(I'm only repeating mods' recommendations which can be seen here and there in the forums.)

posted in Lost in Reefs on Oct 17, 10 11:13 PM
Let me be the first and maybe only to say, chain+hexagons is the best game mode for me

Even if that's the slowest way of finishing the game i don't care much, i wouldn't mind if such game had no story and no ending at all. Because the purpose of relaxed-mode Match3 games for me is playing while hanging on the phone with a boring person, while watching a not-too-thrilling movie on tv etc. -- a game can't make 100% of my brain busy enough and i don't want it to, so it's about spending time, not about completing something.

posted in Lost in Reefs on Oct 17, 10 11:07 PM
I'd like the ultimate adjustment option this game lacks for now: the option to represent different kinds of gems only by colored tiles (different, easily distinguishable colours), with nothing drawn in them.

Because when i just installed this game and was going through the menus for the first time, everything was so wonderful and promising: many game modes to choose the one that suits me best (what a great and for some mysterious reason a rarely implemented idea), amazing background graphics (actually became a bit too hard for my eyes later on, my monitor is at zero brightness already and it's not such a trivial task to turn it yet darker), cool music (which really got annoying on the long run). And then i got to the actual playfield and seeing items on it was a kind of unpleasant surprise for me: different items merge with each other much more easily than in other Match3 games i have yet tried, i have to peer into, instead of glancing. I'm not saying it makes the game unplayable, but at least while i prefer to play all games in windowed mode, i just had to switch this one to fullscreen, to see just something.

posted in Lost in Reefs on Oct 17, 10 10:21 PM
elkric wrote:Is there any way to get rid of the powerups without using them?
Left click on powerups uses them immediately, what you need is right click, to send them to your powerups panel for later use. (Of course if you do have the right mouse button.) The panel stores only three of them, though.

posted in Lost in Reefs on Oct 17, 10 10:15 PM
carmiegirl0 wrote:How do you access the untimed mode????
You can choose between timed and relaxed modes when you create a new player profile, and i don't think there's an option to change it later for an existing profile.

posted in Escape From Paradise 2: A Kingdom's Quest on Oct 3, 10 4:21 AM
I believe it's a bug in some versions of the game, and nothing can be done except getting an updated version. In another thread a new build was announced which was supposed to resolve, among other issues, problem with 'the incorrect number of minigames'. But comments about this problem seem to still appear after that build had been released.

posted in Escape From Paradise 2: A Kingdom's Quest on Oct 2, 10 10:08 AM
Try starting a new player's profile and checking 'Player's progress' window, will it say 'completed 0 of 39 minigames' from the very start?
Because in my completed game it says 'completed 38 of 38 minigames'. I got my version of Escape... from another site (Reflexive Arcade) about a year ago. Can't make the game to show its version number (or credits).

posted in Build-a-Lot: The Elizabethan Era on Oct 2, 10 9:12 AM
Diana_Mc wrote:Who's bright idea was it to have them block the things you need to do?
If you believe in this game advisor obstructs your screen too often, you could try to play 'Empire Builder -- Ancient Egypt', and learn what's the obstructing advisors' messages really are

posted in Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt on Oct 2, 10 9:05 AM
mummygem2009 wrote:hi i hear you have completed the game how do you get past level 26
Hello and welcome to the pond, mummygem2009.

There's a thread around for that specific level, some hints are already given:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/57400.page
As for this topic, i believe it's meant for reviews and most general questions about the game.

posted in Loco Mogul on Oct 2, 10 7:29 AM
Thank you! I'll definitely give it a try

posted in Loco Mogul on Oct 2, 10 5:43 AM
Anything that is railroad-related is a guaranteed bundle of joy for me, and this game is no exception. With three consequent puzzles on each level, i like them all, but of course running my own toy steam train is the most fun, wish i had a cheat to increase miles counter infinitely :) More loco designs wouldn't hurt i guess, well in this game graphics are not in the main focus, i find them somewhat meager, although the music is exactly what i would expect to hear.

Sandbox level turned out to be a disappointment. Very little money, smallest loco and a hard map, i'd rather restart the campaign than play such sandbox. I was hoping for a kinda 'survival mode': same campaign but unlimited milage, and serving all customers and all cars is mandatory, once a bouncing car disappears, the level is over. Also a station upgrade (larger service zones) would be neat. Hello Messieurs developers, shall there be a sequel? :)

Can anyone advise me another puzzle game like this one? I think i'll try Oasis next, but unfortunately it's not about trains :( If there's another railroad game around, i don't want to miss it (i've already lost too many months not even knowing that Loco Mogul exists!) :)

posted in Loco Mogul on Oct 2, 10 5:37 AM
Beginner's interface tip: picked up rail cars don't appear connected to the locomotive as it travels across the map; instead, the larger train picture is displayed at the upper-left side of the map, and each car is labelled a letter of its target station. (It cost me a failed level to discover that a bit too late, and as that's unspoken by the tutorial i thought a mention should be made.)

Undo: most actions (like adding a track or station or bridge, and using TNT -- but not surveying, terrain levelling and paying off bandits) can be undone by right-clicking, and that's free (undoing returns cash with no penalty deducted), so when something doesn't work out right when placing tracks and stations, it's easy to retry without restarting the level. But i'm a maniac, i use Photoshop to plan rail layouts anyway.

posted in Loco Mogul on Oct 2, 10 5:31 AM
NutMeg1987 wrote:You do NOT have to survey all the land or find all the customers. You also do NOT have to give service to all the customers.
Yeah, but as i suspect, you do NOT have that much fun solving puzzles if you choose to leave half of a puzzle behind :)

While the strategy of picking only 'best' stations and routes seems to be effective indeed, i must notice it's not the only effective and profitable strategy, i've never left a customer unserved and have just finished my first learning game with $1,659k making 'Master' on most levels (at least 'Expert' on all) and without a single money problem. I was planning routes very carefully, making loops and crosses and adding extra stations for shortcuts whenever possible (and necessary), spending money on that mercilessly -- everything paid off, and serving a large network wasn't hard.

I always begin scouting a 8x8 square (leaving border cells covered), customers don't often occupy center of the map so this way i find them all early, and rivers as well, then i can plan my railways. (On higher levels, though, i would uncover all land cells anyway, to get as many trees as the map offers.) Station A is where the train starts, so i always lay first a busy center node with a choice of other functional stations very close to it. I buy off my investors and upgrade the train early (two levels after it becomes available, and i have left 60k-70k to play those levels). No other tricks i would know of by now :)

posted in Aztec Tribe on Sep 29, 10 3:54 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Aztec Tribe.
<…>

Similar to:
Aztec Tribe
is a little like a mix between Totem Tribe and Townopolis. <…>

Review by E.G.

This kinda stunned me. I sit and think and try to find similarities between Aztec Tribe and Totem Tribe games, and nothing comes up except for the obvious word 'Tribe' in both titles. Isn't the 'similar to' section supposed to be about type of gameplay, not about wording?

So this and some other [p]reviews are rather misleading. While there's no timer in this game, it's not the one for those who expect 'a relaxed-mode build-a-lot experience'. The game does require some strategic planning, but it's very, very clicky. Gameplay is just like that: fast and precise clicking, the further the faster. This is for time-management fans rather than for city-building fans. Some people on the forum are really disappointed by this game but maybe the misleading description is the main reason for this, unfortunately it's not composed the way to attract clicky games fans.

posted in Aztec Tribe on Sep 29, 10 3:34 PM
Yep, here's the rare case of a time management game without a timer. I believe they just had to remove the timer when realized that even without it the higher levels are challenging enough (or too much, for some).

But i'd like a timer to be there just for information, and for local highscore table.

posted in Aztec Tribe on Sep 29, 10 3:30 PM
Build It: Miami Beach Resort is another game where you build the same town through years and you begin the next level right where you have just finished the previous one.

posted in Escape From Paradise 2: A Kingdom's Quest on Sep 29, 10 9:50 AM
Gembirdie wrote:I must conclude that this is a glitch.

Or, you can look for that last game you haven't found yet. Have you completed all five hidden object locations? There are two in the temple.

posted in The Enchanted Kingdom: Elisa's Adventure on Sep 28, 10 5:35 AM
Got this game for free from another site and i must say i'm really glad they'd made this offer as otherwise i wouldn't even consider trying this one, i'd been thinking Match3 is really not my genre but this game has just changed my mind about it. This game's humorous, cute and entertaining, it can be exactly as difficult as you like (to be precise, it doesn't offer absolutely unplayable difficulty but you probably don't like such anyway) because you get lots of powerups and can decide how often you need to use them (time is unlimited).

In this game you work for 14 types of resources you need to build up your city and to carry out tasks, there are 9 upgradable buildings including shop to trade for powerups, and you're free to build and upgrade them in any order you like, though some are required to complete a level.

There are two types of Match3 levels where you get the resources, and hidden object levels (with occasional jigsaw and word puzzles) which advance you along the storyline, with such variety the game never gets a chance to become boring. I'd bet the main map artist was inspired by classic Age of Wonders game (and city view strongly resembles Heroes of Might and Magic, but both are definitely worthy examples). Intro sequence displayed oddly on my WinXP PC but apart from that the game worked flawlessly.

Love the game, and i'll be waiting for more from this developer, as they seem to know how to make a well-known genre even better.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator