Posts created by pierrotlunaire0

Look at the screen shot which labels the buttons on the monitor: H,I,J, and K. Then you can make sense of the instructions in the strategy guide. For example, H, Ix2 means hit the H key, and then hit the I key twice.

I had the same problem you did, but once I looked at the screen shot, I was able to do it easily.

Decent game, but don't they have any access to someone with a decent grasp of the English language? I've played games that had worse spelling, but I still find it distracting. Let me put it out there: For a measly $20, I will proofread your game and fix typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

posted in Criminal Minds on May 9, 14 8:06 AM
LAME!!!!!

It's often not enough to find the clue but you have to find the packaging. For example, you interview the suspect and you need to present the info to the policeman. But you can't just get the info and go talk to the cop. You also have to find the "Briefing" folder to hand to the cop.

Puzzles are often pointless, and what is with the mahjong tile game!

The only thing the developers seem to have spent time with is artfully hiding the question marks.

posted in The Fog on Jan 21, 14 6:58 PM
Very disappointed. There seem to be a lot of minor glitches. If it were only one or two, then I would forge ahead. But the deeper I get into the game, the worse it gets.

The map is poor. I had trouble relating the symbols to where I thought I was.

In the HOS, if you happen to pick up an object that is part of a two-step process, then there is no way to put it down unless you either find the second part, or leave the game and re-enter. It is particularly frustrating when I wasn't trying to pick up the object, but was clicking on the one next to it. No, I am stuck with this lighter until I can figure out what it goes to.

The journal was 50% effective. The game kept telling me that I should remember this, but nothing showed up in the journal, so I had to make my own notes.

Forget it.

posted in Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery on Sep 15, 13 9:08 PM
Odd. Definitely odd.

It's as if the developers were extremely high or from another planet and trying to design a game for sober people or earthlings. No story as such: just find the keys so you can move from one dream setting to another.
HOS are pretty simple. Heaven help you on the mini puzzles because there are no directions.

If the game is free, and you happen to be dropping some acid, it might be worth it. Otherwise - skip it.

posted in Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman on Sep 13, 13 6:31 PM
So-so game.

First of all: the gramophone in the tavern really bothered me. A lot. Couldn't the developers be bothered to do a modicum of research?

There is another game, Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow that I would recommend before this game. Sleepy Hollow is based on the book, and not the movie, and although a very straightforward HOG, it does have you looking for historically accurate items: a dibble?

Why bother even doing this one? The movie is from several years ago.

posted in Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout on Sep 9, 13 9:08 AM
I had played the game several times on an older computer. Just downloaded onto a new one. I get the Pop Cap logo, and a lot of music, but it never goes any further. I tried installing it again, but nothing changes.

posted in Rasputin's Curse on Sep 2, 13 6:21 PM
Extremely bizarre story line, paired with teeny tiny objects that you are supposed to find. The HOG aspects are okay, I started clicking on any lump that didn't look like it fit, and I had better luck than actually looking for specific objects.

The music was very pretty.

But the story?!? Creepy doesn't begin to describe it. She ends up being Rasputin's sex slave, and once she escapes, her son gives her a disturbing grin of knowledge. Eww! Psychobuddhist (2 posts up) has it nailed.

That's what I would like to know. What did that horrible preacher do next?

posted in Artifacts of the Past: Ancient Mysteries on Jul 20, 13 5:38 PM
Kind of dippy, extremely easy. Way too much loading between scenes (sometimes it seemed like it was loading every 30 seconds).

On the other hand, when my brain is fried after a stressful day, this is a good way to unwind.

Recommended only if you need something just to unwind.

The good points: puzzles and HO scenes are good. But, dear lord, the voice work is BAD. Turn off the voices and it is quite enjoyable.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 12 8:38 AM
Another great Mystery Trackers. My hour trial was over before I even realized it, and I just had to purchase it.

Very stimulating puzzles, and I expecially like using inventory items to complete HOS.

posted in Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome on Feb 6, 12 6:08 PM
I don't know if it was the story, the acting, the graphics, or the music, but I just "clicked" with this game. Just loved it.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Jan 22, 12 2:31 PM
Go into the dining room and click on the lady sitting there, the one you gave the hock cup to.

posted in Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ on Jan 2, 12 12:43 PM
The same set up in level after level made this game feel a lot longer than it really was. Ultimately I found it quite boring, and glad I paid only a deeply discounted price for it.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Jan 1, 11 8:14 PM
I totally agree. Loved this one!

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 21, 10 6:47 PM
What I find the most frustrating is that the glitches only came to light AFTER an hour of game play. So even checking out the game with a free trial, I had no idea of the problems I would have.

So, I have to keep uninstalling and installing to see if I can get it to work.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator