Posts created by Phoebelle

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 1:18 AM
I hadn't taken much notice of the underwater people, but when my 7 year old grandson was trying out the game, his 4 year old brother thought they were hysterically funny: "But people can't sit in the sea!!!"

posted in Disharmony Blocks on Aug 31, 12 4:25 AM
Agree with Belamba but the main turnoff for me was that I had to click twice to move each tile - no clicking and dragging which I find much better for my hands.

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mahjong on Jan 2, 12 12:16 PM
(removed by moderator)

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mahjong on Jan 2, 12 2:29 AM
I have several Mahjong games already, so almost didn't trial this one but am very glad I did and have bought it after playing for about 30 minutes. It begins fairly conventionally, but then each game in (I'm assuming) each city seems to be different. The differences are not just in layout, but in the gameplay as well. The Logical Triple is particular fun, where you have to match 2 tiles that make up a logical third displayed below - for example, rain + sun = rainbow. A clever twist, and I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any more. Some of the English in the instructions is a little mangled, but it's fairly easy to work out what to do despite this. It's a refreshing alternative to all the occult HOGs that seem to predominate at the moment.

posted in Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes on Sep 14, 11 4:25 AM
I've only played the trial for about 15 minutes but have decided it's definitely what I'll use this month's credit on. Similar enough to the other FFs, but already with enough differences to keep me interested. As others have noted, the graphics are gorgeous - love the steampunky feel to the loading screen too!

posted in Frozen Kingdom on May 23, 11 8:50 PM
Exactly the same problem on a 3 month old computer with Win 7. I'm not going to try and fiddle with settings as that shouldn't be necessary - disappointing

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 22, 11 4:14 AM
So much discussion so early intrigued me - this was clearly going to be a love or hate game. Verdict? I love it and only wish it could have had more stages. As others have said, the inability to skip was frustrating and I had to use a wt a few times, but overall the whimsy of this tiny, beautifully imagined world captivated me and I'm glad I persevered.

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 2 on Mar 10, 11 2:06 AM
Have just reinstalled this game after a computer crash, and still enjoy it more than number 3. I love the "group tiles" games in particular. Hexus, a game released more recently, is a more sophisticated version of this type of gameplay and I can highly recommend it. Beautiful graphics, and 100 levels of most enjoyable gameplay.

posted in Chainz Galaxy on Jan 22, 11 5:46 PM
This was a definite buy for me! I'd enjoyed Chainz 2 Relinked but been frustrated by what seemed to be a glitch so that it always crashed at a particular high level. As Gimmegames said, Galaxy has much better aesthetics while retaining the best of the previous gameplay.

Something they've changed, that I enjoy, is that the time you now have to make a chain is almost like a mini-freeze. In Relinked, as soon as a minimum chain was made it exploded, whereas now you have time to add several more links. Unlike Gimmegames, I rarely listen to the music of BF games and usually have radio or my own music on in the background. This means that the game sounds are important to me, and here they don't disappoint .

posted in Hexus on Jan 11, 11 3:31 AM
Hi again Eugene

Thanks for your explanation! Maybe that sort of information could be added within the game so that people know it isn't a mistake. I've just got to the section where you have the info about the Ankh, so I assume there'll be similar explanatory pages. It's a really interesting extra bonus.

posted in Hexus on Jan 11, 11 2:48 AM
Hi Eugene

Well, I'm really enjoying the Lexus Adventure! I tried it for about 20 minutes and decided it was definitely worth buying, so thank you for all your hard work . I loved the opening graphics - really elegant, and set the scene well.

Lexus seems to be a more sophisticated version of Sliders, which I've enjoyed playing in the past. It's quite different from recent BF games, so is a pleasant change. I like the sounds and the movements of the adventure game, and it becomes a testing logic puzzle fairly quickly. Building the city is not really a main focus for me, but it looks as if there's plenty of choice for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

I do have to mention a couple of annoyances. It's a good idea to be able to personalise the avatar, but when you're a female, the various characters address you as "My Lord..." whereas it should be "My Lady...". There are also quite a few grammatical inaccuracies - my main gripe with BF games, and I'm sure it's not just because I'm an editor myself. Why spend so much money on programming and graphics, but not pay a little more to get a good editor to check the language?

Anyway, it obviously hasn't stopped me buying and enjoying the game!

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 5, 11 3:10 AM
SPOILER ALERT

I'll probably buy this game because, as others have said, it's a great combination of 2 games I enjoy, it runs well on my system, and the graphics are great. Some quibbles, though - the numbering system is really odd, nothing like the way a real crossword is numbered. Coming from Australia, I'm used to some objects being named differently in these games, but in any country the answer 'teapot' definitely should not match the picture of a coffee percolator! Also, I'm only up to crossword level 5 and have already found quite a few grammatical errors... annoying, but not bad enough to stop me playing. They should have employed a good editor (speaking as one!!! ) - a pity to spend so much time and money on programming and graphics without getting someone to check the language.

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on Dec 19, 10 3:21 AM
I enjoyed this more early on - later I realised that as others have said it was much more adventure than HOG and I ended up relying on the strategy guide just to finish - which meant I wasn't really 'in' the adventure. Great graphics, but not my favourite sort of game - and my hard drive breathed a sigh of relief when I eventually deleted it!

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 19, 10 2:58 AM
It only took 10 minutes of the trial to decide to buy this, and I'm really enjoying playing it. Despite it being more 'cartoony', I like it better than the Cards of Destiny where I found I was referring to the strategy guide far too much for my liking. In Mortlake, the help gives strategy info so I don't feel as if I've left the mansion. The voices don't worry me because they stop as soon as you click, and you can read the dialogue instead - can't comment on the music because I always turn it off and listen to my own choices

posted in Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow on Nov 17, 10 1:35 AM
I'm enjoying the game - fairly gentle, gorgeous graphics etc. However, if I leave it for a while, or Alt-tab to check email, I get the 'blue screen of death' and can't get back into the game. Have to use task manager to shut it down, and then open up again. It's not a major hassle, just a pain

posted in Knightfall: Death and Taxes on Oct 25, 10 3:28 AM
In a way I'm sorry to be one of the first to reply because I don't have a very positive response to Knightfall. From the video it looked a bit different - combining various types of gameplay I like, so I downloaded the trial. There were no technical issues - everything seemed to work fine - but it's design decisions that mean I won't be buying.

I chose to be the princess, and liked the fact that there was a f/m choice. However, she's one of the main reasons I couldn't play long. The sound effects of her grunting and groaning as she broke down the wall were quite disturbing - in fact, my husband in another room thought I was on a completely different type of site! Added to that, the strategy wasn't obvious or particularly clearly explained in the tutorial, you have to double click all the time where a single click should have been enough, and there's no Menu button - had to click Esc to quit.

Sadly, one I'm going to delete.

posted in Trinklit Supreme on Oct 14, 10 2:16 PM
The trial played perfectly last night, but when I tried to play again this morning I had the same problem as Jess - twice! So now I'm going to restart yet again and delete it - a pity, because it seemed interesting and a bit different.

posted in Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing on Sep 30, 10 4:07 AM
Especially love the graphics on this FF, and am enjoying the different take - being on water instead of land. FF Ice Age was my previous favourite, so maybe it's something about the blues It's running much slower than any other version, though (see posts in the technical thread) but I'm still enjoying it enough to have bought it.

posted in Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing on Sep 30, 10 3:59 AM
I'm on a PC with XP and having the same trouble. Have all the other Farm Frenzy games and they're fine.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator