Posts created by psylocibin

posted in Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless on Feb 15, 15 10:43 PM
I gave this game a mediocre review and played it again and have changed my mind. I am not sure if BF allows us to amend our reviews, but I became enchanted by the game the second time. I found it both challenging and delightful and chock full of things to do that often were quite innovative and I feel sorry that I gave it such a bad review the first time. I had trouble seeing things, maybe I was tired, but tonight when I played I had no problem at all. I played on a different computer with a friend whose computer is usually harder to see on and yet had no trouble at all. I must have been really tired. So I would like to change my review. I give it 5 stars and top grades on all levels. The scenes were fantastical and somewhat mysterious. The HO scenes were very interactive and required a lot of putting things together to make them fulfill the search. I liked that the lists were words instead of the latest trend to having pictures of things to find that seems to be more prevalent now. I loved the ship game where we had to get them to port and the cannon shot to get the crow scared by hitting the gong. There were a lot of funny things like that.

posted in Excursions of Evil on Jan 23, 15 2:21 AM
How to know which colors to mix? eyedropper into flasks and into test tube.. and why are the posts locked?

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 3, 14 6:34 PM
I enjoyed the demo and do not know if it is a buy or the SE will satisfy...so am waiting, but I really enjoy HObj where you find something,,,the bear...not enough have to find the arms ...not enough have to sew them on...and then there was a fun puzzle to move parts around with a grabber and figuring out how many to grab in order to put them where they need to go...good mental gymnastics...I like mazes and puzzles and Hobj with more parts more than collectibles but the morphing obj are fun and finding all the stuff is also just my fav are the puzzles. the graphics are clear and the water moving is eerie and delightful. I'd give it five stars for sure.

posted in Push The Box on Mar 20, 14 5:36 AM
stumped anyone please help

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 14 7:19 PM
I hate dark can not see things games. I hate ugly grungy, could be a meth house tawdry places. And I love games that have something new different and innovative and this did not have any of that. The story line may have been interesting, but I get these to figure out things and this was no challenge in that department. So this is a major no for me.

posted in City of Fools on Jan 12, 14 8:41 PM
there are more than four packs of cigs to sell to number two

posted in City of Fools on Jan 12, 14 8:30 PM
so you found the pin...and did not reveal where you found it...Damn hope there is another post that tells where it is..Please someone tell me where that pin is

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 21, 13 9:57 PM
Bgarey wrote: Hello everyone,
I cannot locate the rungs for the ladder, nor when I go to the boathouse and get into the divesuit once submerged I cannot get up the stairs. Help please.
I restarted this a few times, and it seems to me maybe I'm wrong but does this game require an exact order to proceed.

I'd appreciate any help

Brenda

Well I doubt you are still stuck after a year, but for any who come after, once you get the generator running, you can press the on (red) button on the circular table saw and then take the pole that held up the branch that had the wormy apple and put it on the saw and it cuts the pole up and makes nice rungs for the ladder.

posted in Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed on Dec 13, 13 6:22 AM
In the tavern I am told to go outside to get more tools. There is something in a dark underneath space the hint tells me I need to get but I do not know how to get a light to see what it is. I need to find a boot and a golden bug. I can not find either, one is under the dark place and the hint only keeps telling me to go there...no hint about how to find the light to peer in there. This game so badly needs a walkthrough no wonder they are offering it as a bargain...

posted in Hypnosis on Aug 15, 13 4:06 PM
This is, as many have said, a very different game. And I liked the difference until playing it and all the methods for dealing with the problems were exactly the same only with increasing difficulty and no real way of knowing how to deal with them. Instructions were flimsy and doing the same thing over and over became tedious. I wanted to buy it, but will not finally and hope this review will inspire the devs to do something similar with some crucial changes.

posted in Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 on Jul 17, 13 2:18 AM
ok found it, it did not attach the first time I tried but I had it all along damn thirty minutes wasted...

posted in Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 on Jul 17, 13 1:38 AM
lilyr wrote:I'm in the same boat!

ETA: I just found the missing robot piece! SPOILER ALERT mouse over to read

the right arm and hand are attached. so you need 2 legs, two hands, L arm , 2 biceps and a head

End Spoiler alert
I am looking for the L arm and can not find it. So telling me I need parts does not help...Where is the L arm? There is no help no hint zip

posted in Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 on Jul 16, 13 9:02 AM
Half way through the trial and I am missing parts to the robot right arm and bicep and have clicked everywhere. WTH? Please let me know, the WT says find all the robot parts. DUH Found it had it all along it just did not attach the first time I tried it so I thought I did not have all of it damn 30 minutes wasted...Doubt I'll buy this one

posted in Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 on Jul 16, 13 8:57 AM
wt does not help where are the robot parts? I have clicked everywhere. I am missing an arm and have no idea where the fuse goes unless it is waiting for the robot to be complete. Total frustration...where are the robot parts WT does not stipulate, only says find them well I found a lot of them but can not find the last one. Am looking for someone else to ask and get an answer

posted in Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 13 6:05 PM
I love the Asian aesthetic, so visually this was beautiful. The game play was not very hard, but there was some challenge to it. with the sale, I'd recommend you try it. I definitely wanted the CE for this one. If you do not like it, you can erase it off your computer. Give it the hour is my recommendation.

posted in Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella on Jun 23, 13 4:10 PM
I am on the fence would you al reply and let me know if the CE is worth it? I like the game enough to buy, but how good is the bonus and are there other goodies in the CE making it worth it?

posted in Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain on Jun 22, 13 6:20 AM
I only just saw this and fell in love doing the SE. Good thing I looked in the forum and found out that it is worth a CE. This is what is so great about the reviews, that we can rely on one another to find out how we feel about games. Others loved this game also and their comments about the bonus game convinced me that I should get the CE. That is what I am going to get ASAP. This game seemed to be the just right amount of everything. Really fun and beautiful to boot.

posted in Theatre of the Absurd on Jun 9, 13 4:21 PM
I never leave the sound on but started the trial and had left it on so played with it on and was delighted with the eerie quality of it.I liked the sets and the way the perspective was drawn. I was not a fan of the Hobj scenes because they were so plain and hard to find to boot. Not a lot of fun in them, no boxes to open or other aspects, just find the damn thing and we made it hard to find. eh not a fan of those. I did like the story line, I usually skip that with the demo, but with the sound on I got drawn in. All in all I liked the game and will buy it at $2.99 a good deal and definitely some fun to play. I would give it four stars and it would have five if the HOs were more interesting. O and I liked the voice although she did not need to keep repeating herself.

posted in Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure on Apr 29, 13 7:49 PM
I wanted to like this game. Finally I decided I was just annoyed by it. Why? because there did not seem to be any way to get a hint if there was no use for the finder indicator. Too many things seemed too random as to whether to use a tool or just click and then there were things that were hidden but one was not told that they were hidden. I just got burned out on it with irritated annoyance. See if you like it. But I ain't buying.

posted in Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance on Apr 15, 13 3:45 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Rarely do I post reviews just after a demo unless I am not going to purchase the game. However, I am doing so this time because of all the negative reviews this game has received. I found the game to be a very enjoyable, challenging game so far and will definately be a purchase.

Graphics are crisp and clear, voice overs done well and the cut scenes are actually interesting enough to listen to. Mini games are doable with a fast charging skip if you decide not to play. Music is not annoying and doesn't impact the game at all.

IHOS are definately unique and seem to become more of a challenge as you move along. Hint recharges very quickly. There is a very well done transporter map which makes the game even better.

Story plot is one we've all seen before, but how many different ideas can developers come up with, so that is forgivable. So far I am finding the game somewhat captivating and am looking forward to continuing with it. Don't let the "negs" put you off from at least giving it a try.

Additional comments: Just completed the game and found it to be a good length. A lot if interesting IHOGs. Interesting twist to the story. Found the voice overs OK. Still very pleased and found the game very enjoyable. The only negative I've found is the ending happens quite abruptly, but still finishes the game off nicely. Certainly can't understand the negativity of some gamers. Sad.

I agree with this review having only played the demo and am going to buy. Glad to hear that the game finishes well and with lots of time too. In order to get as far as I can in the hour, I generally skip the puzzles once the skip is available. However, I noted that there were a few puzzles that I am looking forward to going back and working. I liked the HObj scenes and the interactivity there was often clever.

I did want to thank Bessiegirl for the review that supported what I had found and added the info about finishing the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator