Posts created by Sept24

posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 14 9:06 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
cbtx wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:I like reviews that go over the basic mechanics and extras, like Valdy's and JTF's reviews. Long, painfully contrived essays don't really give me a feel for the game.

+1

Too bad we aren't limited to one text box. I skip the long-winded ones.

Not complaining about long ones, just the spoilers, just saying, if they go on to long with too much info I just skip them. Others obviously enjoy those reviews.

tookat wrote:I like the 90 minute demos.
I used to rush through the demos, skipping a lot of the games so I could get a good feel for the story, since at heart, I am a very slow player.....one who likes to take her time looking at the art work and seeing if any little extras have been added by the devs, like a bird flying away when touched by the cursor.

If someone finishes before the 90 minutes, then I would guess they just have a faster game playing speed because the Devs set it up so you cannot go past a certain point.

I agree with you. I am not a speedy player and that's fine by me. Just like to play at a relaxed pace. When doing a trial and I come across a mini game or puzzle that takes a bit of time to do I would sometimes skip so I could get a better feel for the overall game and then start over when I purchased so I could play any skips as I like puzzles and mini games, but not rushing thru them. Usually I have several games lined up to play and starting over wasn't so bad, but if I continued on immediately after purchase I would not want to start again.

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 17, 14 7:59 PM
tookat wrote:Even though I have to watch my budget, I don't need to count every coin I spend.

Having a game that I want to play.....and when I am ready for it is more important to me.
I actually give most of my pcc coupons away as I have found fewer and fewer SEs that I want, and am not a big fan of the other genres......but, I have the joy of seeing someone who wants those games being able to get it sooner, by giving them the coupon, and there is still enough for me to buy a TM game or something else when I see one I feel I will enjoy.

I think it's great that you enjoy giving someone something they will enjoy and bravo for that. I have quit buying as many CE's or games period as I found they do add up to more than a few coins. At least in my budget they do. Tighter these days than it once was. I wait a lot more often for the SE to come out as well and so I do take advantage of my free punches.

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 17, 14 12:52 PM
While I agree generally with both Twins and cbtx I keep hanging on to that membership because I realize, for me personally, I still buy enough from BF to spend the $6.99 per month and use 2 credits to buy a CE or a couple of SE's and despite them making it difficult to collect punches anymore, when I do, I have no problem picking a game that I just waited for the SE. So I'm hanging in so far, but certainly understand the decision not too.

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on May 17, 14 10:38 AM
Mostly I've seen buy one get one for $1.99 which is still at game club price a total of $15.98 for me instead of at regular price $27.98 for 2 games club prices. Also I have 2 credits which can't be applied like it can if it is 2 for 1 or buy one get one for $1.99. BF wants us to spend extra money over and above the credits this way. IMHO

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 7, 14 4:28 PM
I also have not purchased it yet as I want to make sure it is complete and if buying the CE elsewhere might not be a better idea. If this game is really just super short I would still use a coupon or buy on sale, but also I wonder how much more we get when we buy the CE version elsewhere. If it were also a short bonus chapter it might not be worth paying a extra..

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 7, 14 1:01 PM
What a fun little adventure/lite game. Big appreciation to Shaman for their unique and fun adventure games. Namariel Legends: Iron Lord, Dreamscapes: The Sandman, Fall of the New Age and now this little gem. More please!!!!!

posted in Lost Civilization on May 3, 14 11:56 AM
I just finally tried this game. I am not new newbie at all and I liked the game. Not loved, but I did like and like Sportgal would have bought it even without the coupon I used. I am soooooooooo sick and tired of the games put out now and find them very boring. They are all the same and everyone raves over them. What happened to adventure games without hidden object scenes or only a couple. I don't mind a hidden object scene if it is something besides lists. They are boring to me. So each to there own.

posted in Violett on Apr 9, 14 9:19 PM
I agree with the last few reviewers. I loved Tiny Bang and Shaban. Don't know the other games Luckystar mentioned, but will look for them. I think this game can be very frustrating, but fun and different. Yes, to different with no hidden object scenes, just a quirky little adventure game.

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 14 9:45 AM
I want this game, but when I came to the first hidden object scene and tried to switch to jigsaw puzzle it would not switch. So I did regular hidden object scene and moved on. I didn't really have any other problems during the demo, but that one and reading about all the problems is enough to make me not buy the game even tho I want it. I will wait to see if problems get solved. I hate tech issues in a game as it is so annoying after you buy. I also do not want to skip switching to jigsaw puzzles as that is a big attraction to the game for me. I like them.

shorenuf wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:Saying you don't like a game is a great deal different than insulting the developers by insinuating they're purposely making a carp game so they could laugh at their stupid customers. I thought I made that distinction clear in my edited comment.

Excuse me, but it is the developers churning out this stuff …

If all I wanted from a game was a good story I would read a book. When I play a game I want to be intrigued by subtle clues, feel accomplished when I master a task, come across a required item, solve a puzzle, or figure out where to go in the adventure.

Game: 1. form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
2. a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure

Pap: an idea, talk, book, or the like, lacking substance or real value; drivel

In other words, I want to be challenged by the contest a developer has conceived using his/her rules. Yes, the story that carries the challenge along should be entertaining, but getting to the end of a pleasurable game needs to be more than a mindless activity. Or, it should not be called a game at all.

Developers seem content to be producing nothing more. They don't have to and they know it. The whole lot of them. BF had an amazing development team -- Drawn, the earlier MCF and HE games. They were proud of what they accomplished and it showed. Abandoned now in favor of F2P profits. ERS -- brilliant early on as well, now same old, same old. Even Eipix has lost the intrigue they put in Linden Shades and the first Final Cult. All of them have left the "game" out of their "games." (EG has occasional signs of creativity -- I still have some hope there.)

So yes, they are laughing at their good fortune. No, I don't imagine they consider their audience to be very bright. We are being duped. No need to come up with anything new, inventive, clever, challenging. No need at all as long as the same old continues to sell.

I just want to say I agree. Not looking to insult anyones else's taste, just wish they made some games again like Drawn and Dream Chronicles and MCF Dire Grove, The first Azada games and Dreamscapes: The Sandman and others along those lines that are different and challenging. The only answer is they don't have to, because, I guess, it puts me in the minority that I'm bored with most of what the devs put out now. Clearly, many are happy. Just not me.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 14 10:51 PM
I am seriously thinking of leaving Big Fish and would be interested in some info on these others sites some of you mentioned. I don't comment very often, but I like to read the opinions of others and comment when I have something to add. Also am interested in perhaps looking at buying games at other sites. Especially if it's true that we will now be receiving only 1 punch per CE.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 14 10:47 AM
I purchased games also with my PCC coupons and didn't get my punches and was in the process of preparing a letter to BF when I was looking at the dates of my purchases to put in my note I happen to read somewhere that it said the thing about no punches for PCC purchases anymore except the extra on Monday. I was able to buy the daily deals in order to complete my 6 games needed in time.

I have been a member for 4 years and have a lot of games and even though I don't really need a new one as I have many now to play, being a member I just can't seem to resist buying them. I have been thinking about cancelling my membership and just catching up on some of the games I have purchased, but not played. This last thing settles it for me I think.

Also I have gotten more picky and would be able to just look around for the unique type of games I really love (Adventure/lite without hidden object scenes or only unique ones). I have had good results with responses from customers service recently whenever I wrote to them, but this recent cut of the punches just helps make the decision to drop my membership, at least for now and after I have used all my coupons.

posted in Shadow Shelter on Feb 14, 14 10:10 PM
I am late in reviewing this game as I actually missed it and almost never even tried it. I just want to agree with all those that said it was a fantastic and clever game. Challenging and interesting and all kinds off things that most of the games aren't. I am picky. I like what I like and I loved this game. I don't like hidden object scenes normally, but things were done in a different and clever way. More please!!

posted in Echoes of Sorrow II on Feb 3, 14 3:16 PM
I tried this game on another site a while ago and got stuck somewhere and couldn't continue. Don't remember that it was a glitch, just couldn't figure out anything to go further I remember. Didn't like it as much as the first one, but would have kept playing if not for that. Thought I might give it another shot if a walkthrough became available. Lots of better games IMO, so I decided I probably wouldn't bother.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 14 9:33 AM
I am not shy to say I like adventure and puzzles and pretty much tolerate the hidden object scenes for the parts I like best, so normally the fewer the better for me. I enjoy doing the jigsaw puzzles instead of the hidden object scenes, so in this game that is a huge plus. The only other time I remember having this option was in Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema. Because of that I want to buy this game for sure.

posted in Fall of the New Age on Jan 7, 14 3:48 AM
Thank you so much for responding to my problem. I swear I had tried that charcoal on the book and it didn't work so I thought it was wrong. I should have remembered that in this game sometimes you have to keep trying as other times I noticed I had to try.several time to click on something before it worked, such as the clothes changing game when gluing the shoes together. I haven't solved it yet, but will try again as I don't want to use the skip when I'm sure with a bit of trying it will work out.

posted in Fall of the New Age on Jan 6, 14 9:11 PM
I hope someone will answer this question. I am in the cellar of the library after giving the medicine to the 2 guys. I put the books or tiles or whatever they are in the bookshelf and it says to look for a clue to put it together. What clue, where. If I click on the pictures they don't move so I think I am missing something, but when I get out the hint sends me straight back there. Help.?

posted in Fall of the New Age on Jan 5, 14 11:20 AM
I was losing hope of seeing a real adventure/lite type of game and this one is just great and can't wait to continue playing. Someone else mentioned that the last 2 games put out by this dev were Dreamscapes: The Sandman and Namariel Legends: Iron Lord which are definitely two of my all time favorite games. I can't wait to see what they do next and I hope it's soon. I just wish BF would offer them as CE's first myself, since they are my favorite type I would be happy to purchase them as CE's.

posted in The Fog on Dec 9, 13 6:14 PM
I had tried this game at another site and was planning on forgetting about playing it (even tho I like it) because I had the same problem on the first hidden object scene with the painting. I put it in the frame and it kept telling me to do it still and when I clicked on other hidden objects it wouldn't pick them up. I also was using the tutorial and it was frozen on the screen. When I downloaded the demo here and started with a new player and no tutorial it went fine all the way through the demo. Wondering if there are more glitches ahead for me or not. I think it's worth the risk.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator