Posts created by gtminer

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 15, 18 11:00 AM
I would so love a holiday event for every month. (Well, maybe every other month) Sadly, it would really hinder those of us working on the DQ achievements. As it is now, there's 3 months that we can't work on them. Even more if you consider the events last more than 30 days. I hope one day they will find a way to keep the Gnome DQ's going while an event is going on too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 15, 18 10:54 AM
Wow, seems I had forgotten. So 100k shards, and I only have 33.5k left. Boy that Trina girl certainly has an insatiable appetite for shards, especially considering I'm only 622/3000 of her achievement. I might have to level up just so I can put the Ice Breath on my wish list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 15, 18 10:43 AM
AEG

I can't imagine why you would sell anything seeing how you have more coin than any one else in game. I just find it interesting. I have over 5 mil coin, and I have the 50k shard achievement. So for me, I do nothing with my inventory. If I should ever need it, it's there for whatever reason.

I'm assuming once someone is working on the shard achievement, they pretty much have all the other achievements that are attainable. At least that's what I did. I sharded all holiday items, and I regretted it by the time the next event happened as these items were used again. The items that probably won't be used again are things exclusively for a certain pet such as the the Turkey Feathers, Bird's Trill, and Fox's Brush.

I crafted for shards which meant I also used up most of my stamps, so I kept those on my friends list. Since I was at max level, it didn't matter that most of my stamps were gone as I didn't need any more, and I have since then built up an inventory so large that I'm sure I'll never need more.

One thing a few of my friends have started putting on the wish list is the Ice Breath. It only cost 290 coin for me to gift it. Since it is fully crafted, all they have to do is shard it. Since I have more coin than I will ever need, I am more than happy to gift it to them to help them with the achievement.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 9:12 AM
I thought the max achievement was 50,000 shards? I have all the achievements except for those the are impossible such as Cozy Cubby or those that are nearly impossible such as the DQ achievements, but I don't see an achievement for 100,000 shards completed or not completed. I am down to 33,500 shards thanks to Trina.

The Ice Breath is a nice item for those needing shards to put on their wish list. It only takes 290 coin to gift it. I have a few friends who have this on their list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 11, 18 11:34 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I am really sorry to hear about the scoring glitch. I remember how nasty things got in the forum the first time this problem occurred.

I was truly amazed, too, at how nasty people were to other players who had experienced the glitch giving them top scores. It bothered me so much that when I eventually got the glitch, I continued to play with it. But back in those days, there were quite a lot of nasty people. It was so bad at one point that I quit even coming to the forums. It was just too depressing.

I am so very happy that the forum atmosphere has changed to become so encouraging & uplifting. It often brightens my day to come here & read the new posts.

I also should mention that my game that had the "perfect" scores hasn't been active for quite awhile. I had quit playing, and when I came back, I had a new computer, so I started a new game. I didn't realize I could transfer my game until after my new game had gotten higher than my old one.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 2, 18 12:57 PM
july1277 wrote:What did you do to complete this achievement?

I know the question was directed at me, but thought I'd share with you what I did to earn the achievement.

I crafted for shards. I went to the list of the items that sharded for 25 or greater. I then selected ones for each type of stamp. I then tried to select ones that only required 2 items to craft, not counting the items that were very easy for me to get such as the Cursed Doll as I had a daily asking for the Fancy Ornament. I would then put one item on my wish list such as the Steam Tool or the Hyena's Chain. I also put up stamps on my wish list to help prevent me from running too low. I did the puzzles 3 times a day requesting the components for the items I needed to craft and an egg. I didn't win the egg frequently, but I was sure happy when I did.

Max level friends have an abundance of white, blue, and green stamps that they are very happy to gift. I would caution using or at least limiting the use of Unique Stamps as even max levels dont have an unlimited supply of these.

I have a couple of friends who now put the Ice Breath on their wish list which wasn't available when I was working on this achievement. It is a crafted item, but it only cost me 290 coin to gift it to them.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 1, 18 7:59 PM
I will just keep mine to use them where ever I may need. If i need coin, I'll sell them. If I need shards, I'll shard them. If I need to gift to a friend, I'll gift them. If I need them to craft a future pet, I'll use them to craft. So in the mean time, I'll just keep them in my inventory until I need to do something with them.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 28, 17 10:17 AM
Unique Stamps drop from gold chests, so if you have a pet that has a high chance of bring you one, that is a good option. The drop rate from HOS is pretty low as is all the other places you can get them such as the airship. Pretty much the best places is your wish list & gold chests. Good luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 22, 17 5:43 PM
On my feeder account, I don't have a pet selected. We a game is started, there is no pet. When I got my pet, I elected not to click on it, so I have no pet. I did this so that I wouldn't accidentally click on it. To my knowledge, this is the only way not to have a pet.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 19, 17 1:18 PM
I finally hit 5 million coin today Time to celebrate

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 17 11:14 PM
shearsmith wrote:please befriend mi in the game as I am not on social media my game name is sloopy268

I did a search of your name, and nothing came up, so I'm assuming you are not playing on PC.

Your friend code would be most helpful as it would also show what platform you play on.

Best wishes,

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 17 11:07 PM
Now that I have all 3 pets, I am not motivated to do the Christmas room HOS. I'll continue do do a few here & there so that I have a small supply of items to gift to friends. If I were new to game, the 250 coin per HOS might tempt me to continue at least for awhile. But I'm not, and I'd much rather have DQ items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 17 4:15 PM
I am on PST, the same as Seattle, I believe. My reset is 4pm until daylight savings time arrives in the spring, and then it becomes 5pm.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 17 4:13 PM
Ghost traps were the ones used in the Fall Event. Sadly they wont be back until Fall of next year.

I'm a little confused. The ones we need now are the wands, not the ghost traps. You can trade the Children for the wands.

I fear if you are actually looking for the ghost traps, there's no ghosts to be had at the castle.

Best of luck,

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 14, 17 10:56 PM
I hesitate to delete friends who don't display the Christmas Room. Although Christmas is now a secular holiday, it hasn't always been so. For many of the world, it is recognized as a Christian holiday. And some of my non-Christian friends may be choosing not to display it on religious grounds. Well, at least that's the only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't display the room. As to why they would display a Christmas Room 1 instead of the Christmas Room 2, is a mystery to me. But it's their room, so I respect their choice, especially since there is no way I even want to do all 3 HOS in every single room for the entire event. Whew, exhausting even contemplating it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 14, 17 10:29 PM
You gift in your friend's room with the pink boxes which are called "gift for a friend" and can be found under the "stamp" tab. In return, you are given the "Santa Medallion" which is found under the "event" tab. These are used to craft the event pets. I don't think they have any other use although they can be sold for 10 coin or sharded for 1 shard.

The pink boxes have a horrible drop rate. To get more, you can go to the children and trade for them like you can for the Holiday Wands, but decide that carefully. To get the achievement and the Mrs. Clause avatar, you need to give 1,000 pink boxes, and unless you started playing in the beginning of the year, it probably isn't possible to get this avatar on the first winter event that you play. Most probably the wands will be much more important the first year.

good luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 13, 17 3:53 PM
Can you please share the secret of what you did to collect the pets so quickly? I don't have any inventory from last year. Sadly I sharded it all for the shard achievement. It seems the most difficult for me are the various cards. It looks like something I'm just going to have to be patient with, but I sure would like the new pets as quickly as possible.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 13, 17 3:51 PM
It's very easy to calculate your own timezone. The first one is the reset. For me, that is 4pm pst. Then after that, it's every 8 hours, so my next time would be 12:00am pst, then again at 8:00am pst. So just calculate it based on your game reset. Hope this helps everyone.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 13, 17 3:08 PM
Grats on crafting all 3 pets. I'm a ways off I fear.

Please share what it took to get all 3 crafted so quickly. I have the drops from the personal rooms, but I'm missing snowflakes & cards, and I'm not sure how to get them quickly.

Woohoo, grats again

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 12, 17 3:35 PM
Thewerecatqueen wrote:Wait...how many airship items DO you need at level 78

The amount the airship request is random. For me at level 76, it asks for anywhere from 198 to about 315 with the majority being in the 250's. Each level brings the max and average higher. Someone made a second game and determined the ideal level to be about level 64 before the requests started to become unreasonable. At about that level, Trina and the airship worked better together in their requirements.

Many people who make a second game, choose not to level very high so that the airship doesnt become a hardship. This is why I quit leveling even though I have all the resources to level back up to max very quickly, probably a couple of days should I use pet food to force it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator