Posts created by mdblocher

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall on Sep 19, 17 1:52 PM
Is there any hope that "Otherworld: The Eternal Winter" will ever be released?
If not, why not, please?

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill on Apr 30, 16 8:54 PM
Once I've found a constellation that matches one on the starmap, what am I supposed to do? Neither the Help message nor the walkthrough gave me a clue.
I tried outlining the stars, tried clicking on stars in the telescope, and clicking on the constellation in the starmap all to no avail.
Finally hit skip and went on with the game, but was left wondering....

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill on Apr 30, 16 3:39 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with this game on Windows 10?
MS just updated my PC to W10 this am and I tried to run the demo for this game and got an access error. Now in the process of undoing the Win10 update.

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image on Feb 20, 16 2:26 PM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/nevertales-shattered-image-strategy-guide-hints-cheats-codes-tips-tricks/

posted in Nevertales: Legends on Oct 26, 15 1:03 PM
I hate replying to my own questions, but...
The technical issue is that the hint pointts to going down to the shipwreck when it should be pointing at the Forest Map! Use it.

posted in Nevertales: Legends on Oct 26, 15 11:54 AM
I, also, can not go back down to the shipwreck.
Dell Latitude 630 running Windows 7 home edition.

posted in Nevertales: Legends on Oct 26, 15 11:34 AM
Where is the link for the walkthrough?

posted in Nevertales: Legends on Oct 26, 15 11:28 AM
Having the same problem!
Did you find solution?

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Sep 28, 15 12:44 PM
I'm tired of "no answer" ! You've had long enough!

Big Fish, you've got 4 weeks to get me the game or I pull my credit card number off
the account.

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy on Aug 21, 15 6:38 PM
Don't understand why moderator is "locking" all the posts, even the Review one.

But here is my review anyway.
Needs to have Chapter or Scene numbers added, so one can describe where one is in the game when asking for help.
Needs to be less particular about where one clicks to get the action. In a number of cases, I had given up on the right course of action, because I was getting no result,
Only later going back and giving it "one more try". VERY Frustrating!!!
On puzzles, the ? button needs to identify what one is trying to achieve. It isn't enough to say the buttons change the color of the crystals, for example.

The flaws are what one might expect of a new game programmer, not an outfit like BoomZap that has been around a while.

Interesting story, interesting characters, good graphics. Loved the armored guinea pig assistant.

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy on Aug 21, 15 6:27 PM
There is another boot in the snow at the left of screen. Move it to the first boot and they become a "pair".

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy on Aug 21, 15 6:18 PM
OK, gave that dragon the shiny shield and it worked as mirror.

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy on Aug 21, 15 6:10 PM
I've collected the shards and fixed one of the mirrors.
Need to know how to get a mirror for the right dragon.
Help!!!

posted in Emberwing: Lost Legacy on Aug 18, 15 6:05 PM
The scythe is used to cut it down. Then you attach it to the antler to make a grappling hook.

I tried umpteen time to cut the vine before I found just the right place to put the scythe, very frustrating!!!

Why are all the postings locked?

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Aug 8, 15 9:48 PM
I, too, have been waiting for the final Otherworld game.
If BigFish is not going to release or schedule it, I might as well cancel my membership.

posted in Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell on Feb 17, 15 2:42 PM
Is there a Walkthrough for this game?

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 15 3:33 PM
Still waiting for the Winter episode.

posted in Revived Legends: Road of the Kings on Dec 18, 13 10:43 AM
While the game itself is good. Very imaginative, good graphics, storyline, music not obnoxious. puzzles challenging enough that I only had to skip a couple because I could not understand from the instruction what I was supposed to do. From watching the results when I hit skip, I was later able to do the same type puzzles, But it has some technical problems that take the edge off of the enjoyment. Very slow loading when changing scenes. The foreground at the bottom, Map, Notes, Inventory, Hint button and the cute little helpers all stay while the new background loads very slowly.
Then on the final puzzle the background froze, - see my saga in the Tech problems thread for details.

So I hesitate to recommend this game to anyone who does not have the patience of Job.

posted in Revived Legends: Road of the Kings on Dec 18, 13 10:31 AM
I opened game manager, thrash canned the game.
Went to Purchase History and reloaded.
(twiddle thumbs)
Tried to start the game and got two error messages about resources not found.
thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
Started the game, got Big Fish Logo screen, Blam games logo screen then blank blue screen. I had experienced ver r r y slo o o w loading of new scenes in this game,
so I went to the kitchen, made myself a sandwich and a cup of coffee and came back.
Still blank blue screen. Not even Ctrl Alt Del worked. powered the machine off waited a bit and powered it back on. Got an error message that the program had tried to read from location 0. Went to Task Manager and canceled game and Big Fish game Manager.
Started Game manager, thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
Started the game, got Big Fish Logo screen, the blank blue screen. Again not even Ctrl Alt Del worked. powered the machine off waited a bit and powered it back on. Went to Task Manager and canceled game and Big Fish
game Manager.
Started Game manager, thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
This time I started the game from my desktop, outside of Game manager and FINALLY got to finish the game.

posted in Revived Legends: Road of the Kings on Dec 18, 13 6:44 AM
I had to do the Ctrl Alt Del thing to bring up task manager to delete the process before I could uninstall it. I'm in the process of re-installing. I'll let you know if that works.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator