Posts created by scarletgunn

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Jul 20, 11 8:31 AM
I prefer reviews based on the whole game, not just the demo- i can play that myself.

anyway, thanks Cosmoscos! I hate Japanese number puzzles so your review helped me a lot.

good job!

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Jul 15, 11 8:33 AM
this is a really good game- i bought it full price. I remember it being quite long- at least 3 hours- maybe other fishies can elaborate.

If you like sherlock holmes, POTO, the Poe games, you will probably like this.

posted in Dreamland on Jun 23, 11 2:32 PM
you might want to contact BFG customer service if you haven't already. I didn't have any issue with the game but i have on one or two occasions in other games.

the usual fix is to... start all over. sorry!

posted in Azada ™ on Jun 22, 11 4:23 AM
JoandJosh wrote:I have read the discussions around the voodoo doll, but all with no success. I have collected all the items, have the pins, know the sequence; however, I cannot place the pins in the doll. No matter what the sequence I press, the pins go back to inventory. Getting frustrated! Advice?

I remember this happening to me- it's a little weird and glitchy.

are you taking the highest needle in the pack to start?

here's the walkthrough:

5.Take the highest needle in the bunch and click it into the voodoo doll
# You must click the voodoo doll that's on the wall in the same place that are highlighted on the voodoo doll that is over the boiling pot
# You will know that it's correct when you see a glimmer each time you hit the right spots. You should have to do it 3 different times Scroll will appear

posted in Dreamland on Jun 21, 11 7:56 PM
i had the opposite- I felt the H0 scenes were pretty easy- not super easy but i got through them rather quickly.

the scenes do have a lot of junk in them tho. after the first one i adjusted and did ok.

posted in Dreamland on Jun 21, 11 7:36 PM
more of a tech/playability issue- some of the items your need to find or interact with are close to the bottom of the screen- which then pulls you out of the scene by accident.

also, there are sparkles over the stuff you have to pick up, but they aren't all that obvious. i don't know if there is an advanced mode.

posted in Dreamland on Jun 21, 11 7:33 PM
Overview

this story is about a boy who went to an amusement park, became ill, and now it's up to you to save him. once you get to the park you realize it wasn't an e coli ridden corndog that is doing your brother in, but a demonic leprechaun.

there are no occult references or dead bodies, but lots of scary clowns and spooky circus stuff.

there are acheivements available- for not using hints, for finding all the starfish and marbles, for completing all the minigames, and for time ( 5 hours)

there is a map that will portal you to a location, and also indicate a HOG scene has popped up. if this is too much handholding for you, do not use it- it's easy to get around without the map. the hints are not all that helpful except for the HOG scenes.

the HOGs are a goodly amount, but balanced with other mini games. towards the end the bumped up the HOGs. and yes there is a click penalty. there is one interactive object in each scene, and no change to the cursor when you hover over it. so you have to click to check if it is part of the item you need. only once i had to hint on that- the combos were pretty logical. some of the items a little hard to find but it wasn't so hard to bog down game play.

the graphics were great and there were some good creative mini games- i wish there were more mini games. if they would have swapped 3 HOGs for 3 puzzles at the end would have been perfect balance.

this game took me 5 hours and 18 minutes, but i did make tea a few times and snuggle the cat. i made a full on effort to find all the starfish and marbles, and played the shooter game to try for the Award. so if i didn't do that, and put my mind to it, i would have finished in 5 hours no doubt. a fast gamer: 4. a nice length i think.

without spoiling it, there is an interesting way they get you in to all the attractions you have to investigate. i liked it. also, the items you pick up are very logical for what you are going to use them for.

the give you the basic storyline in the beginning, and there is no dialogue after except for the demonic leprechaun shouting typical villain stuff at you.

i used the WT once in the beginning and that was it. that to me means that the game follows logical reasoning . and it did.

overall- I liked it. creative, fast moving, lots of stuff to do, lots of mini games and no drawn out storyline chat.

let me know what you guys think of my review, what info you would rather have or any questions.

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 11 9:03 AM
try Phantom of the Opera, and the Edgar Allen Poe games ( there are two of those)

posted in Emma and the Inventor on Jun 5, 11 11:53 AM
you don't have to use only straight pipes. you can use any configuration you wish- it's actually easier than most pipe puzzles in other games.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Jun 4, 11 4:41 PM
i started to demo this to possibly buy as a Daily Deal but it was really jittery and flashy. I've had this issue with older games- Samantha Swift for one.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on Jun 2, 11 5:17 AM
Google "the tiny bang story walkthrough" and there are a few sites that have walkthroughs and video solutions.

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain on Jun 1, 11 12:30 PM
at first, i liked this game, but it began to get really tedious. I feel it was far too long- it could have been more steamlined. several scenes in each chapter, lots of things too do , and lots of running about. the HOG scenes were plentiful and rather challenging. that's not a bad thing, but when you combine it with a fuzzy incoherent storyline that never quite comes together and repeats of tasks, it just becomes long, boring and long. i found myself using the hint button constantly just to get through it faster.

also, my cursor was really jumpy and that was irritating.

i like games with achievements, which this had. so that was good. :p

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 11 10:23 AM
the replies in this thread are mean spirited in my opinion. telling the OP to "grow up"? really? pick on someone your own size.

everyone *is* entitled to their opinion. the OP isn't saying that those people that don't mind killing animals in a game are insensitive clods; she's saying she doesn't like to do it. she's not attacking anyone here- but i see the posts insinuating she's too sensitive or immature, and posts that are just plain snarky. what's that all about? attack the issue, not the person.

personally- I would prefer someone be overly sensitive to the mistreatment of animals than the reverse.

The End

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on Jun 1, 11 9:01 AM
Now that I've finished the game, here are my overall comments:

i really liked this game, once i figured it out. the demo hour wasn't long enough for me to get anywhere so if you are money sensitive, maybe wait for a sale.

the graphics are excellent. it's not a difficult game, but not exactly easy, either. it's very different than the usual HOGs and the like we see here, and the difficulty is in figuring out how the game works (since there is no explanation for anything) which is nicely challenging- you just have to click away til something happens, and then postulate from that information what to do. for instance, I kept clicking on the hint button and nothing happened, so i clicked on the annoying flying bug because i was annoyed, then realized that was how to fill the hint meter. there's no running around to find a rock to throw at a bird to get him to drop a key when you already have a hammer in your inventory. so that's nice.

i think once most people get past the first chapter puzzle (the Train) they will enjoy it. the illustrations are excellent, the little hidden places and moving parts are creative and the music is great.

it's a long game because there is no tutorial or walkthrough, but chapter wise there are only 4 i think of 3 or 4 scenes each.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 31, 11 8:17 PM
Lizzie is a goddess! *bows, backs away slowly*

thank you!

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 31, 11 7:10 PM
well. I was loving this game, until i got to a certain mini game- the colored circles- and I've literally been working on it for a half hour and i Just. Cant. Get. It.

I started to like the fact there was no tutorial at all- game just opened to the first screen and off you go, no plot or nothin'- or hand-holding through this game. but i think we should get at least 2 skips or something. I've done these puzzles before, i just cant seem to get anywhere with this one. someone come to my house and do it for me so i can move along. :p

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon on May 22, 11 8:09 PM
I both love and hate reading the reviews- love because i can get a good idea whether i will like a game or not, and hate because now i feel like i have to buy the CE since everyone is saying they hate the SE ending.

now what do i do? :p

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris on May 22, 11 2:29 PM
this game was short, and the HOGS were not all that challenging because they re-used a lot of the same objects, but i really liked it! it was quick paced and the story was surprisingly interesting. the mini games were just like i like them. it makes me want to check out other Hidden Mystery games!

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 22, 11 9:35 AM
i only played about a half hour of the demo and i liked it- so i appreciate the reviews warning it's a short game.

this seems like a good casual game- a lighter version good for when you don't have time for a long in depth game. the magnifying glass is really neat, the object grabbers are cute and the spinning tray is nice. i appreciate creative stuff like that. it is a linear type game but some people like that.

i've purchased a lot of games this month so i will probably decide if i want to buy when June's punchcard credits roll around- this game just isn't great enough to be a priority, sorry to say. i really want to buy Snark 2 with my credit this month.

anyhoo- I don't mind the missing grampa theme so much and enjoyed the brighter cheerier look to this game, probably because the weather here is so bad in RL. :p

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 22, 11 7:36 AM
I liked this game. I loved The Void, though. this game takes second place IMO, but here is the good/bad/ugly...

the graphics are fantastic. the plot is well laid out but with a minimum of chatting and diary entries to read. HOG scenes are challenging but not dark or fuzzy.

lots of things to do and running around- and i like games that give you little extras like finding 50 frogs and other achievements. it makes it more fun to play the second time around.

this is a completely personal choice, but i dislike snowy/rainy scenes, in RL and in games :p

the "world" of the game seemed really big, and the cut scenes were a cool surprise.

my really only complaint is the mini games- i like actual puzzles, not "click on things till you get it right" and nothing is more frustrating than a puzzle not being explained properly. also, in two of them i had a really hard time manipulating the pieces- i think it was a glitch. i thought the mini games were not good in this game at all. >_> YMMV.

so, other than that, great game. i can't comment too much on the length because i played it over the course of a few days due to work, but i don't think anyone will be disappointed at the length, especially with the CE.

ETA:

I love cats. I'd like to know how many other cat people (SPOILER AHEAD HIGHLIGHT TO READ)

skipped everything else to try and rescue the kitty FIRST. I did. lol.

end spoiler

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator