Posts created by AbleBabel

posted in Ashes of Immortality on Aug 8, 13 9:17 PM

FOUND A SOLUTION!

Had the self same problem, even after I had uninstalled it and re-downloaded it (through it kept my progress - weird).

Anyhow, this time this time when I approached her, instead of clicking her with my mouse, I hit the ENTER key. The ghouls immediately appeared and I could carry on the game.

It's worth trying any time you get stuck. I found that in another game, where the only time I could engage any shop keeper was to hit ENTER (that's what made me think of it here). It works.

posted in Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 on Nov 19, 12 5:34 PM
LOVE this game.

I replayed Exorcist (first one) to remind myself what it was like, then bought Exorcist 2 and 3 and played them in order.

Exorcist 2 was very much better than 1, and I find Exorcist 3 every bit as good as 2. I'm playing Professional mode and it's hard enough to be intriguing, but not so hard that it is impossible. YES, you have to think. That's the whole idea, isn't it?

The graphics are great, too. I ADORED that first puzzle! That was hard, and boy did it feel good when I finally got it.

I'll be back for Exorcist 4 if (when?) it comes out. Thanks, Big Fish.

posted in Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 on Nov 19, 12 5:25 PM
Aha! Found it.

posted in Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 on Nov 19, 12 4:54 PM
I can see the pickaxe handle, but not the head. I'm having fun with this game, it's great.

posted in Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 on Nov 19, 12 4:52 PM
Have you re-stuffed and sewn the rabbit back together?

posted in Exorcist 2 on Nov 16, 12 1:04 PM
The horse will come out of the stall when you put some hay into the big feeding bucket (like a big bowl on the floor outside the stall).

posted in Exorcist 2 on Nov 16, 12 1:01 PM
And the bathroom mirror goes on one of the statues to add to the mirrors already there.

posted in Exorcist 2 on Nov 16, 12 12:59 PM
Yes, each hand the coal goes into opens up other opportunities (more hands). The puzzle is in picking out the right sequence - which hand passes the coal to which hand. It took me a couple of goes. Keep at it.

posted in Exorcist 2 on Nov 16, 12 12:55 PM
There are a lot of arms, so you have to just keep after them with the cross. If you miss, they come back - or maybe they pop up twice. Just keep at it, they'll go.

posted in Exorcist 2 on Nov 16, 12 12:53 PM
Thank you! To clarify, it's on the side of the lamp already, just click it.

posted in Shining Plume 2 on Oct 22, 12 6:26 PM

I jumped straight in! RPGs are the one type I don't bother with a demo for - I love 'em.

So far this one is as good as the first Shining Plume. Dialogue cracks me up - I really love this one. I'm so pleased to see Big Fish getting more of this type. You ALWAYS get HOURS of play out of them with all the freedom to explore and strengthen your characters at your own pace. I do have to remember to hit the enter key to access the shops in this one, but that's no hardship. I love shopping in these game. Weapons. Give me WEAPONS.

posted in Shining Plume 2 on Oct 22, 12 6:14 PM

To advance the story, you need to have responded to the town that was on fire (you would have heard about that in the Imperial City where you got the junk from). Go there and meet those characters, then when you get to the top of the mountain (Kami), the characters will respond to you.

posted in Skyborn on Jul 3, 12 5:45 PM

This is GREAT! I am sooo please Big Fish is bringing in more RPGs. I for one cannot get enough of them. It is the one game type I buy without trial, no hesitation. You always get game-play value and I love to play them over (not many games have that appeal). I bought Skyborn yesterday. I have not played it yet but I know it's going to be good.

Not strictly a review, perhaps (except of RPGs), this is more a big Thank You to Big Fish for more RPGs! Keep 'em coming!

posted in Grimoire Chronicles on May 14, 12 7:45 PM

Where's the cat? He ran away from me and I haven't seen him since. Is he maybe up that tree I need the mask thingy for???

posted in Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ on May 3, 12 12:43 PM

You get heaps more time. I'm still going after about three hours beyond the trial period and there's lots more to get, so I'm guessing a few more hours yet. Worth the money. Anyhow, it's one of those games you can do over to choose different styles. And I love the dog.

posted in Aveyond on Mar 14, 11 3:13 PM

That's the one that's on the hill top, that seems unreachable, near Clearwater. I've got it, but at this stage, I'm not sure how to use it...

posted in Aveyond on Mar 14, 11 3:09 PM

Hi Tracy! You've probably moved on by now, but I thought I'd add my thought for you and anyone else in the same boat.

I don't know about the walkthrough, but I did the same thing. I said yes for Lars and learned lots of great spells from that book. Since then I've learned (through this forum) that he has other choices dotted throughout the game, but by saying yes to any of them, the others are closed to him.

So it's just a choice, and the walkthrough will guide you, but presumably won't tell you to choose one way over another when both (or all) have their advantages.

That got me feeling WOW!. Of course, now I want to know what the other choices lead to. I want to experience what the other spells do. Which means playing however many times it takes to try them all out (gigantic YAH!).

I love this game. It's all about exploration, but not just of the locations. You also get to explore character potential, and I just soooo love that!

Usually the games I enjoy I know I will play again, later when maybe I've forgotten how it goes and it will grab my attention again, so I put them aside with fond memories. THIS game, however, I can't wait to get back into again, even while I'm playing it! It's that kind of game, you can jump in again and again because it's not going to be the same game over!

There are so many variables to explore. What if we take just the not-so powerful characters and run just with them, for instance? They are bound to get strong and maybe they shine in their own way. Point is the game will be different again. It never stops!

posted in Aveyond on Mar 14, 11 2:46 PM

I've got to say, Aveyond has become my all-time favourite game. I love the classic RPG style (no inadvertant sliding away from the action with this one), I love the complexity of the story and quests, I love the sheer size of the thing and the monumental time it takes to play! Mostly I love it because it's one of the few games that you can get straight back into and play again if you want to. You will be as entertained all over again because the second time will not be a repeat of the first time! Its deep and lengthy story-line means it will always be fresh, and each new choice has a ripple effect. It can't get any better than that!

posted in Aveyond on Mar 14, 11 2:28 PM

Using the amulets certainly helped me in the lower levels. Although Dameon has spells for removing curses, poison, and all the rest, it still takes a turn (or several) to clear all the characters, by then, often, they were under the same curse or poison again. The amulets meant they didn't succumb in the first place and all characters could use their turn more effectively.

I love this game. I'm coming towards the end of it and my plan is to jump straight back in and play it again differently! For instance, I LOVE the cash cow, but if I can just keep my little fins off it, I can find out how much longer and harder the game plays. And if Lars doesn't jump for the first place that offers him training (which is what I did), what else is out there? Apparently there are a few schools to choose from, the offers not given once he has accepted one of them.

My biggest dilemma is: Do I play what's available of the rest of the series before replaying this one, and risk forgetting the changes I wanted to employ here?

The downside is, I won't remember how I wanted to correct my choices when I finally get back to this one, because I know each in the series is long and complex and it will take quite awhile to get through it all.

The upside is the exact same thing!!! If I forget, the game will be as challenging as it is now all over again. But then, it will be anyway! Which sounds great to me!

posted in Cake Mania: To the Max on Jan 17, 11 3:18 PM

Good fun, though. Icing all over the place.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator