Posts created by riverdiver

Haven't finished the game yet, hope it's ok to share some impressions.

It is funtastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shut down my mobile, barricaded the door, draw the curtains and am enjoying, enjoying, enjoying every single second, every single pixel of the game.
In my review of the "Broken Hour" I wrote the game blew my socks off. I’ve learned my lesson and play MCF games with bare feet now. But this year I have to sit down again and again, as the game is tearing me from the chair with (mild) scares and excitement. Then I have to pick myself up from the floor again and again, where I’ve been rolling over with laughter.
Still won't wear a seat belt for the rest of the game, a bit of physical exercise doesn't hurt.

A lot of humour, great details in the graphics, HO's with many variations, a not too creepy story, very well done cut scenes, quirky characters, great puzzles.
Off to play more now.

claykitty, the fragments form a letter. You can read parts of it in the Case File, bookmarked Alvin's Letter.

Enjoy!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 17 2:32 PM
Hi Hapless!

Close to every item you have to locate there's a hole. If you aim at it, the outlines light up and you click the one which is needed.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The easiest way of doing this is with hints. They take you to the locations, you just have to click those from the clues. Don't think I would have been able to get gold in this scene without this "trick".

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 7, 17 2:54 PM
Can't answer for everyone, just mho.
All the graphics look almost life-like to me, no colours were "overused". This was reason enough for me to get five thumbs up.

I've played the beta and the trial on PC, the full game on Mac. Liked the graphics on both.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 5:59 AM
Hi Pertigal!

Just wondering if your missing owls are from Thursday's game, Living Legends: Uninvited Guests?
There you had to look for owls. In Dead Reckoning it's "mortar boards" we have to look for.

posted in Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 17 5:40 AM
Playing on iMac 10.10.5
Had a bar at the top and the bottom, hiding "menu".
I went to options, "unclicked" Fullscreen, the clicked it again - hurray, the bars had gone!
Still, shouldn't be like this.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 11, 17 3:24 PM
Achievements like this are a kick for me too, nextgengranny!
Usually I don't care a lot about them, depends on the game whether I switch to "competitive mode" and want them all. Most of the time I'm just happy to have beaten the game.
But achievements like the "lonely butterfly" make me smile, chuckle, laugh.

For the ruby boots: "The Emerald Protocol" kept me on my toes, only on my third round of the game I've managed to get them.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 6, 17 2:07 PM
Hi bajacalla!

You'll be able to collect the souvenirs after having completed the main game and the bonus chapter.
In Extras you can access the souvenirs and collect them.

The morphing objects can be found in the HOP's. Watch out for anything changing shape!
I loved this challenge!

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 6, 17 10:50 AM
cestqui wrote:Playing on Mac (OS 10.11.x). In Ch. 3, Museum (HOP M per guide). Can only find 2/6 items (one of the 4 remaining is a complex item). Have clicked over entire screen. Cursor does not change to indicate anything can be done, and none of the items evident or found by random clicking.

cestqui, sorry for the late reply, but I hardly come to the forum before I've finished a game.
Hope you have found out by now. In this HOP, candle and axe are clues, you can scroll to the right. Et voilà!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 17 6:39 AM
Ok, ok, they've used me as one of the reporters right at the beginning in front of Stevens Tower. Short red hair, green jumper, camera.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 17 3:17 AM
Hooray! It's finally here! I won't be reviewing this game, I'm biased to the max!
Why?
Last December I've been visiting Eipix Entertainment and they took pictures of me to use in this very game! They didn't want to tell me which game it was going to be, but I reckoned pretty quickly it would be the "Dead Reckoning" series.
I can't describe the feeling when you see yourself as a game character, even if I don't have a name, even if I don't speak, at least I blink

Happy Gaming!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 30, 13 11:42 AM
Thanks for your answer, bfgSeine!

This wording is confusing. Hopefully it will be changed in the near future.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 30, 13 7:00 AM
I downloaded this game on Friday. Didn't get very far yet.

My question: When I open another game on my iPad, I get a pop up message:

FREE to Play!
ENDS in 02 days
Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery
> Learn More

Clicking on Learn More takes me to the page in the App Store.
What ends in 02 days? I've come across these pop-ups as reminders of an introductory price ending soon.

As Dark Manor is FREE to play, this cannot apply??? No more pop up when I open a different game?

posted in Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 13 1:45 AM
blueskies01 wrote:Riverdiver, thanks for the post & link re ATI Radeon X1600 video card. I'm on Mac 10.6.8 w/this card and the game will not open. Now I know why. Since I'm not a techie, I'm not sure how to avoid this kind of problem with any Mac purchase in the near future--any advice appreciated.

You're welcome blueskies01

About Mac purchase and NOT having any issues, I wish I knew myself. I'll send you a PM.

And thanks bfgBaikal for the clickable link

posted in Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 13 3:41 AM
Hi olise32

Are you playing on a Mac by any chance?
I do and the game you mentioned quit unexpectedly. I know this issue, it is caused by the Video Card on my iMac, an ATI Radeon X1600 as discussed in this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

I always try the games before I buy.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with Customer Service via the green envelope .

posted in Calavera: Day of the Dead Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 13 3:33 AM
A Note to Mac players:

The game quits unexpectedly.
iMac, OS 10.6.8 with an ATI Radeon X1600 video card, as mentioned in the thread "Information Regarding Mac Issues with Certain Video Cards".

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

I could not play the last game of the same dev: Fallen: The Flowers of Evil, apparently for the same reason:
Games try to open in full screen the first time you play. This video card doesn't master this mode.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers on Jun 22, 13 12:45 AM
Hi seewa and welcome to the Forums

I tried this page and had no problem accessing the walkthrough:
www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/dark-strokes-sins-of-the-fathers-walkthrough/

Just copy this link into your browser!
Hope it will work for you as well

posted in Fallen: The Flowers of Evil on Mar 16, 13 12:00 PM
The game tries to open, then quits. The former games of this dev, Secrets of the Sea: The Flying Dutchman and Ghost Towns: The Cats of Ulthar, played well on my iMac, OS 10.6.8, with an ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card.
This particular card is known to cause the described issue. This has been confirmed by Customer Service.

There is a thread in the Mac Gamers Forum:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

katefinney27 and logbump, please check which graphics card you have on your Mac.
In the thread mentioned you find instructions how to do this, in case you don't know.

Hi istara and welcome to the Mac Gamers Forum

When did you download "Final Cut"?
The game has been updated on August 31st, as announced here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182883.page

or here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/221541.page#4607739

Hopefully redownloading the game helps!

posted in Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek on Jun 24, 12 11:30 AM
Hi Eemie4girls and welcome to the pond

Happened to me as well, already during the trial, so I did not buy the game . Must be a glitch. I've posted about this in the iPad, iPod & iPhone thread in the Mac Gamers Forum.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/160/207181.page

just copy this thread in your browser ...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator