Posts created by patjoy

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 4:52 PM
Don't give up if the tamborine doesn't work right away. It took several tries before that stubborn little mouse finally moved.

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 9:44 AM
Valdy, thanks for the info. You posted while I was still whining about being stuck with no knife and no torch. You are my hero!

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 9:42 AM
SassyBoots, this is absolutely no help to you....but that is exactly were I'm stuck. Can't find the item that needs to be sharpened and can't put the torch together. I hope someone comes to our rescue soon.

ERS has done it again, this is another winner. Music blends in and doesn't annoy me (haven't shut it off yet, and that is unusual for me). The voices are appropriate and seem to be professional & not just someone the devs pulled in off the street. Beautiful graphics, as always. Love the game so far, the story is a little spooky but isn't nightmareish. This is a buy for me! One question, does anything morph? Love the ERS morphing objects but I haven't seen any yet. Oh, glad to see the dwarf again.

posted in Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper on Aug 30, 11 10:38 AM
I have same problem as maureencamper. I get Error code 3 but that code doesn't appear on the BF error code list. Seems this game comes complete with several problems. Hope they get worked out, I would like to play.

I really wanted to like the game but it didn't hold my interest. Music was appropriate and not irritating, lots of rain, monster on the loose, missing students and teacher on deserted island should have been enough to keep me going. Just couldn't get into it. I hope others like the game, but this one isn't for me.

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 11 2:25 AM
I'm enjoying the game very much. Good hidden obj scenes with interactive stuff to take care of. I like finding the oragami's. Not too much back and forth and wearing out sneekers. Graphics are very nice, didn't turn off the music and I usually do, I don't mind not having voice overs. Story is a little spooky and eerie but not bloody. Download time was reasonably quick. Will buy it tomorrow and start a new month out with a great game to play. Thanks devs and BFG

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 11 4:44 AM
Download took 3 minutes. It's full screen, music is not intrusive or annoying, just kind of blends in. Graphics are clear and lovely. What is that masked guy from the Redemption Society up to anyway? Nothing good, of course. The Hidden Object games are clear and full of interesting items with some interaction. Thanks ERS and BF, this is a great way to start my day.

I like it! I own the first one but haven't finished it yet. Maybe this will encourage me to go back and work on it again. This one seems to have more that interests me. I'm enjoying everything about it. Most things can be figured out without help. The generator needed help...it's called the skip button, just like someone else said earlier. Yes, I can change a light bulb,,,but just barely. Love the graphics, non intrusive music, good story. This is a buy for me!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden on May 28, 11 4:36 AM
It's a fantastic game by ERS Studios (that's always a good sign). Bought it in CE and love it. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't already own it. Wonderful for adults and for kids. Graphics, story, puzzles, everything is great. At 4.99 you can't go wrong, it's the bargain you have been waiting for.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 12, 11 5:16 AM
I'm happy with the game. Spooky, but not gory, lots of stuff to investigate. The interactive HOG scenes are different in a good way. It takes some thought to use found items. Love the music, not intrusive and sets the tone. This is a buy for me!

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 5:31 AM
Charming game, good music, clever dialog. I like FROGS so this is just perfect. Loved the first Snark Busters and this seems to be just as much fun. Good way to spend a lazy Saturday morning. Thanks Alawar, thanks BF.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 4:47 AM
Not having too much trouble spotting items in **** scenes. Junkpile style but easily identifiable on my screen. Hint refills quickly. I haven't turned the music off so it must be ok. So far it's looking like a buy for me. I'll finish the trial and start out the new month with a new game to play. Yea!

posted in Allora and The Broken Portal on Apr 29, 11 2:24 AM
Beautiful and fun. It's a nice way to spend some time while watching the lead in to the royal wedding I can't believe I'm up at this hour of the morning so I'm glad there is a delightful game to play. Good graphics, clear scenes, good descriptions. It's a buy!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 11 6:43 AM
This is a great way to start the morning. Beautiful graphics, tried and true plot (yeah, it's been done before but I'm ok with that), good music. Love it enough to buy it long before my hour is up.

posted in The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure on Apr 18, 11 6:42 AM
I'm not sure I could play the game straight through. However, it will be fun in smaller doses. I'll buy it for my granddaughter and we will play it together. The music is delightful, the art work clever, but I'm not sure yet what the story line is. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. This game was a wonderful way to start a Monday morning.

posted in Epic Escapes: Dark Seas on Apr 10, 11 6:22 AM
I think I've been spoiled by the quality of graphics and better storylines from other devs. This one has an ok story but the graphics are fuzzy and I keep losing the cursor. Sort of like sloshing through high water to get anywhere. Appropriate, given the theme, but still, kind of tiring. You have to click the "useful" item to put it into inventory, it's not automatic. No big deal, just different. I'll go back and finish demo to see if it shows more promise. At this point, it is a toss-up. Need a new game to play so I'll keep an open mind on it.

Loving the game so far. Objects are clear and love the interaction with some of them. My kind of game. I find the rats creepier than the spiders, but that's just me Young wife dead. Mysterious man, what are his secrets? Stay with it and you will find out. I'm going back to see what he is up to. Oh, comment earlier about the cat is true. Poor thing is truly unlovely.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 2, 11 3:50 AM
Love it so far. Every scene seems to have a morphing object. Nice little extra touch. The hints keep you on the right track if you are lost. Lots of back and forth so bring extra sneekers with you. Lovely start to a Saturday. Thanks BF

posted in The Fool on Apr 1, 11 4:48 AM
Yea! I've been waiting for this game because I loved Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates by the same devs. It's 4:45. here and I'm wide awake (another gramma who can't sleep). This April Fool's gift is going to be fantastic! Thanks BF and devs!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator