Posts created by alvertis5706

posted in Hamlet on May 12, 10 2:54 AM
I admire you people who got to the 'minigames'.....at the end of my demo, I had walked that fisherman out so many times, there was a rut in the rug! ha ha !!
I do like games that don't take themselves so seriously, and have a sense of quirky humor like this one. This had tricky little sequences to figure out to push the story along....I ended up using a hint for each one. You can almost see what needs to be done, but , of course, getting things in the right order is difficult.
It has a cute cartoon style, but getting stuck on an action, and having it repeat and repeat and repeat can make you tear your hair out.
Is it difficult, or is it challenging? I'll say challenging for now. I would give it 3 and 1/2 stars for amusing, unique, and the challenging thing.
(You don't want to know how long I kept pushing that green button before I decided there was something else I had to do !!! Duh !!!)

posted in Mushroom Age on May 10, 10 3:35 PM
I too was wondering what I would come across; now that I've reached the chapter with the 'omniscient one', I'm amused that somebody would find it as pushing religion. I thought it could be seen as anti-religion, since the character talking to the omniscent one is very cynical and very much doubting.
That being said, I think the dialogue in this game is the most entertaining I've come across...'a laugh a chapter'. Most of the tasks are not too hard, but there's a nice variety to keep the player busy. All in all, a very enjoyable game.

posted in Oriental Dreams on May 6, 10 12:47 PM
The only match-3 gamesI've played are Fishdom and 4 Elements, so I thought I would expand my horizens and try this one. Am I too much of a match-3 novice? Most of the time, I didnt feel like I knew what I was doing......maybe I haven't developed the knack for the stratagy, yet. It is a very pleasant, lovely looking game. I haven't decided yet if I should pursue it further...............

posted in Diego`s Dinosaur Adventure on May 5, 10 3:45 PM
addendum to previous post: 1 disadvantage to this game is that if you quit in the middle of a book, it doesn't save it up to that level; you need to start over with level one..................Yay!! I get to do all the mazes over!!! oh joy !!!

posted in Diego`s Dinosaur Adventure on May 5, 10 3:38 PM
Ok, I'll donate a post for this game! I demo-ed it thinking for my 7 yr old nephew
(he's not with me at the moment).....and I have to say that this old lady did improve her hand-eye coordination.
At first the kid narrator voice annoyed me (do other kids mind that?), but I forgot it as I got so darn involved in the game play.! It had 6 "books" in the 1st level, a different game in each with it's own levels. As you finish each book, you earn a dinosaur bone for your 'fieldbook'. When the fieldbook is completer, you have a dinosaur pix to color.
Games are heavy on clicking and arrow use, and involve some speed and coordination. Hate to say it, but one the 1st book dino race, I came in 3rd!! I think a 7 yr old would probably do better! Another game involves snapping up dino
eggs while in a moving helicopter. Another has you fly a dino thru the air, controlling him in order to snap up insects to keep his energy up, and get him to his destination. The most challenging, is going thru a maze, picking up fruit in the proper order to feed dinos that stand in your way. I was still struggling on my 4th maze when the 1hr demo shut down. Ha ha!!! . I got shut down on a kid's game!!
I think I'll buy it for the kid...................................

posted in Mystery P.I.: The London Caper on Apr 21, 10 3:50 PM
I agree with trying something new....I started out with H.O. games, and have been feeling bored with them. I'm moving out into iHOG and "adventure"; but someone on one of these forums suggested a match 3 game, which ordinarily wouldn't appeal to me. I tried the suggested "4 Elements", and am totally addicted to it !!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator