Posts created by Poof11

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Jul 6, 09 12:16 AM
I purchased the game earlier Sunday evening and was getting the same message but at 3:09am EDT (12:09PT) I was happily able to start the download. Now that I'm downloading, watch I'll finally want to go to sleep ....darn insominia. I am sure it had something to do with Friday's terrible incident. All I can say is YOU ARE GREAT! Cheers!

posted in Mystery Stories: Island of Hope on Jun 26, 09 5:59 PM
Nevermind.....for some reason I had to use both the right and left mouse buttons to drag the papayas over to the bucket. Thanks anyhow.

posted in Mystery Stories: Island of Hope on Jun 26, 09 5:48 PM
Someone please help me.....I have tried and tried but I cannot get the papaya to move to get them into the bucket. I get the blue hand but that is as far as it goes and get penalized for too many clicks. Help me big fish clients...your my only hope.
Thanks in advance.

posted in Pretty In Pink on Jun 25, 09 8:59 PM
I had the same problem but when I hit the game name bar at the bottom of windows, it actually went into full screen mode and played fine after that.

Hey, this post just changed me into a Jellyfish......

posted in Sherlock Holmes - The Secret of the Silver Earring on Jun 6, 09 8:38 PM
You need to find watson and talk to everyone outside. I think I found him by clicking on the map and that should take you there. I hope this helps.

posted in Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea on Jun 2, 09 5:29 PM
Wow....That had to the longest hour waiting for the demo to just come to an end....I guess I was hoping somewhere along the line that it would get better. This game was just awful. I would remove the world premiere thing just because the game isn't worth telling the world about, unless its to tell them its BAD, Bad, Bad. Don't waste an hour of your time or your money, trust me.

posted in Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan on May 1, 09 5:21 PM
Wow.....this has to be the first HO game that I have ever played where my eyes were burning. The blurred scenes are horrible and then to top it off with darker edges......I was practically on top of my monitor and I have really good vision. I even tried both the Open GL or Active X (which was much worse).
Do not waste your money on this one, definately not worth it, unless you enjoy the burning sensation in your eyes.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 1, 09 1:01 PM
I agree with all of the above posts, it is very frustrating when you know you have the item, clicking right on it and nothing. Also, if developers are going to make the scenes so dark and you have a flashlight in your kit then let the player use it. Maybe use it almost like a hint where its a last resort for players but give them the options.
Also, what was the deal with having to restart the game if you wanted to change from a full screen to a half screen. That was ridiculous.

posted in Cate West: The Vanishing Files on Feb 16, 09 10:19 PM
I had 498,000 and it told me at the end that I had received the best ending (multiple endings depending on your score and how many times you used the hints button). When I looked at the high scores before quiting the game I noticed the score below me was 300,000 - 125,000 etc. Not sure how many endings there are they just tell you multiple.

posted in Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery on Feb 13, 09 9:19 PM
Played the demo earlier and had to purchase. When I went back into the game it did not save my complete progress but that was okay I only had to repeat a few scenes.
I agree with the others about the hotspots....absolutely annoying. Even when I actually picked up the item I was getting beeped for the incorrect item. You could be dead center and it tells you your wrong and time is ticked off the clock. Click just off of the item and it picks it up, crazy and frustrating. That was my only gripe about the game. The harder part of the game is where you need to replace the items in the offices. It took me about 3 hours or so to complete and help fixed my need for a new HO game for the time being. I think I'll play a second round now. I'm sure I'll be looking for a new one come tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Valentine's Day to all of those in the pond.

posted in Art Detective on Jan 13, 09 1:42 PM
First, Thank Goodness BFG gives you an opportunity to check out the games with the free hour trial. This game was a real BORE! If you like find the difference games, then maybe its for you but definately not for me. This is probably the first time I couldn't wait for the hour to be up. The "You have email" voice was very annoying and the popup "find the last difference" made you lose your train of thought. Definately won't be purchasing this one. I really hope a good HOG is out there in our future....really jonesing for a good game.

posted in Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies on Jan 3, 09 6:50 PM
Since I was really in need of a game today, I bought HH2. After 4 tries with the access violation errors partially within the game, I thought I had finally gotten it to work. But to my dismay, I was very close to the end and boom....had to start over once again, since it seems as though the game does not save your progress. I did notice that sometimes the storyline did not run and other times it did, which really doesn't bother me but there really are some major problems with this game. I was able to actually finish the game in just about an hour once I finally got it working. Ending stinks....makes your believe you have another level left and then BOOM......Game Over. All in all, most of you gamers can probably finish this game during the free hour, unless your desperate for a game....not worth buying.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator